Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc

Who's getting /thicc/ here? Discuss thicc specific inspirations, routines, nutrition, etc.

> /thicc/ Pastebin
pastebin.com/fmyJtHVM
Before asking questions, please take a look at the pastebin.

What is Thicc Mode?
>Thicc mode is traditional male aesthetics. Thicc mode for Veeky Forums has been described as a body built from barbell strength training with accessories (texas method, madcow, 5/3/1), 13% to 17% bodyfat that has crossover to strength or contact sports ability. Twinks, ottermode, & contest ready bodybuilders are not thicc mode.

Discord link:
discordapp.com/invite/P35Kn

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrR09kSWpRLTlJX3c/view
discord.gg/ZP4HrNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Posted in the previous thread, got no response.

I know it's Plebbit..
But has anyone used 2Suns 531 to get Thicc? Thinking of doing the 4 day routine.

What sort of accessory work would you guys recommend with it?

These aren't my numbers, but...
Spreadsheet here:

drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EbfzFB0mBrR09kSWpRLTlJX3c/view

Not used that variation but 5/3/1 is genuinely fine and a recommended routine for this mode. Check yourself against symmetricstrength.com?

According to SymmetricStrength I'm novice. Makes sense, I've only been lifting for a few months now.

Mind you it's been a while since I've tested my 1RM's.

They all look like schweldy faggots.

If you're novice you can likely still progress with linear gains. Something like SS, SL, GSLP, ICF, Reg Park's Beginner might be better?

>look like faggots
>look like

You must be new here. Welcome to Veeky Forums.

I did start out doing SL5x5 but it became really boring after a while. I wanted to go to the gym more frequently and do more shit in general, hence the transition to 2suns 531.

Thanks for the replies!

I'm stuck in a shitty town for the next two months while I'm in a job transition, all I can afford off my savings is the local planet shitness.
I was once thicc, now just kinda soft. Grad school while working 2 jobs, I let food and laziness get the better of me.
Are there any halfway decent workouts I can do at a planet shitness that will help me reach thicc status again? I don't wanna waste 2 months

Look at something like ICF or Reg Park's Beginner. Sensibly adds a load of bbing type accessories to a basic barbell strength routine for more volume.

I would a full body machine based routine. I.e. hit the full body 3 non consecutive days a week going as hard and heavy as I can with what's available at the cruddy gym. Won't get you thicc but should maintain just with careful diet.

I'll have a look at them. Cheers man!

thanks for the advice man, ill look into that. Im also getting back into cardio since I'm trapped in an office most of the day, so maybe Thicc just wont be for me anymore

5'7" (pls no bully) 160lbs about 20% body fat and want to get thicc. How many calories a day should I eat? Just started toward this goal though I'm not new to Veeky Forums or nutrition but this will be my very first true bulk. Currently eating 2000 cals but my diet tracker says i should be eating around 2500 if I want to gain .5lb a week.

>ywn slide into them cheeks
Father, into your hands I commit my spirit

Im a little off thicc mode just need to develop my core more by incorporating more complex movements/Olympic lifts

we're all gonna make it

Best routine after SS for something in between Klokov and guy in picture 3?

Texas Method, MadCow, 531.. add in BB accessories.

Your bodyfat is too high. Either eat at maintainance and recomp or cut to 15%.

Does that advice change if I want to look like this ?

Not who you're responding to, but that guy is a serious body builder. He does a lot of work outside of the 531 routines with BB accessories that Thiccizens recommend.

K. I'll work hard.

I thought so. Ty m8

need some advice boys

currently 5' 10" (177 cm) at 240 lbs (102 kg) ~28 or 30% bf (aftermath of filthy bulk, easy gaining genes, and a dash of depression. not justifying my fatness, just explaining)

looking to recomp down to 225 and 22% with Texas Method+ Arm and core accessories

personal stats are 1.5/3/3.5/4 currently 6 years lifting (mostly highschool bs brosplit)

calculated my target TDEE to be about 2700-2800 (walk to university every day plus general doing stuff)

my question is, does anyone have any estimate as to what a body like that looks like? I'm hoping to get my lower body compounds up another plate or so, do you think this is all possible in about a years time?

I also want to get my arms juicy as fuark, any specific reccomendations? BB curl & skullcrushers?

maybe 200 or 215 and 22%, idk what's realistic

im so alone

How does thicc mode differ from normal bodybuilder mode? is it just the lack of attention to particular body parts like bis and shoulders? and then staying at a slightly higher bf%? I ask because i avoid lifting heavy due to constant issues with my forearm tendons

From my understanding, yeah pretty much.
Bodybuilding is all about aesthetics, thicc is more so about strength + size, functional strength seems to be a key buzzword that gets thrown around a lot. Shoulders/Bi's aren't always overlooked, but aren't often worked as much as they are by bodybuilders in general.

Bodybuilding is often getting as big as you can, as cut as you can. Thicc is more about getting stronk without becoming obese.

I'm 22% bf after being 30% bf and doing a 2 year light cut/recomp (just a 10kg/22lb weight loss). Obviously it's better.

But I don't know if I recommend it. I've got strong enough to compete in powerlifting but I look built fat and not particularly aesthetic. Also to be optimal for my strength vs weight class I would need to do a straight cut to 15% or below.

oblig thicc routine critique?
thinking of changing heavy lifts from 1x5 to 3x3.. thoughts

THICC doesn't mean neglecting anything but it emphasizes legs/glute development and higher bf with muscle rather than lean with less fat and less muscle

what's getting you down, mate?

talk to us

will i get thicc from doing oly lifting with mostly max weight singles

It needs a weight progression scheme on the main barbell lifts. That's why the suggestions of routines like Texas Method, MadCow, & 531 with bodybuilding accessories get thrown around brah.

well i have a general idea of my strength and try to increase around one rep a week/5 kgs a month.. hows that for progression?

I know irl thicc Oly lifters who would cause these homos to spunk in their pants. No idea if they only did Oly training for it. But definitely Oly lifting is great and helps you get thicc. Texas Method for Oly lifting used to get posted on these threads.

How to be thicc?

It's a bit vague. Maybe if you're out of novice linear gains and can't progress session to session anymore, look at how periodized programs like Bill Starr 5x5 or 531 are structured in terms of weight progression schemes?

If you're still in beginner linear gains then yeah just increase the weight session to session until you can't anymore and have deloaded a bunch of times like as SS, SL etc does.

I found it more straightforward to pick a standard recommended barbell program say SL at beginner or MadCow once got to intermediate then add my bbing accessories on top of that.

If novice then beginner routine like SS, SL, GSLP, ICF, Reg Park's Beginner etc with appropriate bbing accessories and bulk/cut/recomp to 15% bf.

If at intermediate Texas Method, MadCow/Bill Starr 5x5, 531 again with bbing work like BBB or joker sets if 531 say. If advanced a powerbuilding routine like PHUL. Eat big but don't get too fat.

what is /ourroutine/?

Historically something like 531 Boring But Big. Though it's been superseded by newer 531 variants.

oh yeah i havent had novice gains for about a year. i feel like 5/3/1 BBB wasnt enough volume for me and i gained a lot of bodyfat doing it

Texas Method or MadCow 5x5 with your own bbing work would be the obvious advice then.

Pretty advanced lifter here, trying to into thicc mode, already slightly there.
5'8" inb4 manlet
170lb
Bench: 265lbx5
Squat:315lbx5
Diddly:405lbx5
OHP:165lbx5

I'm looking to switch up my routine a bit, currently doing 4 day split chest/bi, shoulders, back/tri, and legs. I do 5x5 with accessories, any help /thicc/?

Talk to us m8

How to grow my arms without using isolation exercises?

Since you're advanced enough look at PHUL? Or if not quite there build some more strength with a newer Beyond 531 variant that has bb work?

Just do isolations? Why wouldn't you? This isn't /plg/.. if you really only want compound accessories than weighted dips/chins/pull ups?

We're here for you brah. We're all gonna make it.

Diddlies and chin-ups help.

So anyone know how a PPL program with emphasis on compounds would work for getting thicc? I kinda want to try it out.

>I know irl thicc Oly lifters who would cause these homos to spunk in their pants.

i'd really like to see what 265x5 looks like on a 5'8" frame no disrespect just curious

I just looked at PHUL, but I'm trying to go to the gym everyday/ at least 6 times a week, and idk if that'd work. I tried researching Beyond 531 and think that i have a good grasp on it, but it doesn't seem like something that I might do

The discord link doesn't work

I don't take videos of myself lifting, but I'd post if i had. No disrespect taken but I'm curious about what you mean

I'll probably just do PHUL but with no rest days, big thanks to the user who responded to me

Sorry taking pics of other dudes asses is generally frowned upon irl.

I just copied it from a previous thread where an user posted it. Haven't used it myself so no idea.

We're waiting for pics, user. Not excuses.

531 can get structured as PPL and typically does. Look at BlackIronBeast.com ?

I think he means he wants to see your current body.

Ah ok, It's like 3am where i am rn, might post tomorrow

well i decided to keep the same bb lifts but changes the upper lower main lifts to a 5 3 1 progression .. hows that sound

whats percentage of my 5rm shoukd my 5x5 work be

If novice still doing linear progression i.e. SS etc about 90% I believe. If intermediate+ whatever your particular barbell strength progression specifies.

im intermediate but havent come across a program that specifies this detail

Yeah that's what gets advised. Worked for me with MadCow for the main lift weight progression scheme. Tho obviously since you're doing a fuck load of bb work on top of a barbell strength routine, your strength progression won't be optimal. But this is an aesthetic with functional crossover not actually /plg/ or /owg/.

exactly. i want a balance between mass and strength if slightly skewed towards strength

You all imply you need to be powerlifting to get thicc mode. Isn't necessarily true, is it? You could as well do some form of bro split after reaching basic strength. Just do more shit for the core and less on stuff like extra arm work.

Agreed. Though part of the whole thicc philosophy is you're meant to be reasonably strong not just look strong.

Best core exercises to get thicc af? Gotta get that core stronk.

I know. But for that there is /plg/, looking at that thread here aesthetics is the main point. So whats the point making an ideaology out of it? This lifestyle philosophy bullshit reeks oft hipsterism.

Please do.

Probably a dumb question what's the name of the bloke with glasses holding the dog?

Does anyone know his height/weight/lifts?

His physique is my goal.

5'7" manlet. How much should i weigh to be around this thicc?

is THICC mode achievable as a wristlet?

Justin lascek

discord.gg/ZP4HrNc
Here's a permanent Discord link. The previous one was set to expire in one day.

>discord.gg/ZP4HrNc

Ok thanks. If I set up the next thread I'll update the link. If it's someone else hopefully they can too. How's the Discord going?

I found it useful to aim for a powerlifting weight class and stick to the upper limit than recomp/bulk/cut as appropriate to be the correct bodyfat. At 5'7" you're probably looking at the 83kg/183lbs 74kg/163lbs classes. Anything lower you might be too small and not joocy enough tho you would be more competitive for powerlifting. You could also look at oly lifting weight classes for a goal.

Hooooooooly hell.

You're never alone, you've always got one more rep left in you. We're all gonna make it

>take a pic to ask if I'm thicc yet
>Looking at pic I'm clearly just fat and dyel
Fug

And what? Not him but this look is easier for manlets to achieve. It's not even that short. I'm not that height but have friends who are and they get more pussy than me as they're in shape pretty boys with good physiques.

There're 12 users, of which only a handful I've seen online. Might not seem like much but it's respectable, knowing it's only been up for a few days.

Iktf brah

We've got your back man. Loneliness builds a man up if he doesn't let it ruin him. Go hit the gym, hit some new PRs and comeback. You'll feel better. Good luck bud.

Keep at it. You're gonna make it brah.

Ok thanks for setting it up brah,

It's ripped wholesale from 70sbig.com

more like whos having gyno lol!

on other hand, today did 110kg x5 box squats with nice pause and good form, 2 days ago hit 170kg diddly for 2 reps.

Any gyno bois around? i know im still fat but indont think my chest is going anyway even after cut. i remember my father had exactly same build

most bro splits dont favour heavy ass compounds

not to mention they are inefficient for nattys.

I doubt it's actually gyno. Just cut and work on your pecs. Flat bench, incline, flyes, cable crossover, pec deck.

Here's a non flex bad lighting upper body shot

shave dude

These faggots really have this male aesthetics thing figured out. This is such a great look especially for older brahs. And achievable compared with the contest ready bber look of Jeff Seid or Steve Cook say.

No don't shave

Is justin actually a homosex

who dis bruhs