KERATOSIS PILARIS

Anyone else suffer from this? Got these bad boys all over my upper arms.

Anyone have a cure?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007IAE5WY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1490233837&sr=8-1&keywords=salux cloth
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mine went away when I got in good shape

That's a butt

No way

I hope not.

Not my arm anyway, just the first image from google

true story. had it on my stomach too

Got em on my upper arms and ass. Hydrating the skin could help, but it's never done anything for me. Apparently we can opt for using a cream with retinoids, and failing that there's laser therapy which will take several sessions and a ton of cash.

Somebody once suggested to me that milk products cause is. Thoughts?

I have this
Don't know how to get rid of it
Got some cream for it but too lazy to apply everyday
Stopped caring years ago

What the fuck? I have this on the backs of my upper arms and had no idea it had a name? How do you treat this shit? My mom tells me that I have them cause I eat gluten...

There is no cure user.

Apparently a tan can help. Also some exfoliation. This can either be using body wash with rough bits in to scrape off some of the skin (it is caused by a build up of Keratin plugging hair follicles), or you can use moisturiser to do it. Either a moisturiser containing alpha-hydroxy acids or ones containing urea. Be careful with aha's if you tan though, they make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.

Personally I use cerave moisturiser after showering, and twice a week I use a (pretty horrible) thick moisturiser by garnier that has urea in it which I put on at night (because it's horrible to have on your skin in the day when you're out and about). Once a week a use a rough loofer type thing in the shower. It's much better now, but it's a constant effort, If I stop for a bit it'll come back. I also still have marks on my skin, but no bumps. I'm hoping a bit of a tan in summer will help get rid of them

As with pretty much anything, some people blame lactose, others blame gluten. I don't think there's any evidence for either.

I started using a Salux cloth and it got rid of mine, it's some Asian towel that feels like a loofah but scrubbier that you use when you shower. You can get them in packs of three for like 10 bucks on Amazon. Started using one and my KP was completely gone in a month. The extra abrasiveness will feel a bit uncomfortable at first but I've actually started looking forward to my showers because of how clean it makes me feel.

I have it on my arms and shoulders. I feel you user, but about once or twice a week I use an exfoliating cream to reduce the redness. Don't use a shower scrubber, it makes it worse IMO.
Tanning also helps, but if you're stuck in Canada in a winter from November to April, then good luck.
What's terrible is that it makes my arms look really mottled, and kills a lot of definition from the side. Plus I would feel like shit if some girl ever refused to touch me because of it. Thankfully nobody has ever mentioned it, but it still is embarrassing me.

Stop eating gluten

Do you shower very hot OP? Also lower your bf

>Salux cloth is scrubbier than a loofah and works
>Dont use a scrubber it makes it worse

You two please work this one out

I have these. Stopped caring. No one ever says anything about it.

I'm not either one, but scrubbing made it much worse for me.
At this point it comes and goes with seasons. The sun definitely removes it outright in a month, and thus winter tends to bring it back.
It got much better when I started to eat healthy and do cardio also. Hope it helps.

Guys, I went to my doctor for this once because it wouldn't cost me anything anyway.
He told me it is caused by a vitamin C deficiency in the skin cells. Most effectively treated with an Urea based cream. I don't bother with it because I don't care about it, but if you are that much of a vain americuck, look into this. Happy to share.

I don't drink milk any longer, but I eat shitloads of greek yoghurt instead. I don't think it's related to any of that.

Hydrate EVERY day.
Thats how I kinda got rid of them

OP here,

I'm British, eat a dick

I have these bad... I'm gonna try doing the hydration thing, but whenever I end my shower with really cold water and let it get all over the parts where I have keratosis pilaris it seems to help. The cold water closes the pores or something.

me

More water, more sunlight, and if you're willing and don't think it's too weird try shaving your upper arms. That helped most.

have this shit on my upper thighs.
its annoying but i dont have it nearly as bad as that pic and my thighs are hairy as fuck

I have this on the backs of my arms and the anterior of my calves.

I've been scrubbing those areas in particular when I shower and it's all but disappeared from my arms and it's much better on my calves.

Wash yourself better, I think it's caused by dead skin

Idk what to say man. Look up KP and Salux cloth and alot of people say it helped them. That's the whole reason I bought one was based on the Amazon reviews that said it got rid of their KP and it worked for me.

Here's the exact one I bought btw. Read the reviews and there are people saying it got rid of their KP. If it bothers OP enough to make a thread about it spending 10 bucks seems worth it for a shot at curing it.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007IAE5WY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1490233837&sr=8-1&keywords=salux cloth

Sup guys, I'm here to help. Keep in mind, this is my experience and I'm not guaranteeing that it'll work for everyone but this is what I did and my arms got really clear. I have to do this every few months, but it's not too bad.

First off, I bought a loofah sponge and exfoliated with it using some scrubs. No specific type of scrub, but probably one meant for dry skin or rough skin will work.

Secondly, and this is what really helped, is pic related. I bought this off Amazon and rubbed it on my arms twice a day. Within a few weeks my skin cleared up. I know this is for your face, but trust me this really helped. I believe the Glycolic acid is what really helped. If you notice, the bottle has 10% Glycolic acid AHA.

Like I said, eventually it'll come back but it's really just a matter of routine after that.

P.S. I bought another lotion that had 12% Glycolic acid, but for whatever reason that was not as effective as 10% (not sure why) so I switched back.

Best of luck brothas.

this stuff is a god send. it fucking clears up your skin like crazy and also gets rid of lots of dead skin.

bro_fist.jpg

I'll be using this for life

Glad someone else had a good experience with it.

Now if only I can find a natural cure for my psoriasis....medicine is expensive as hell.

i have them on my shoulders but they're exactly the same color as my skin, so they're only noticeable from very close and in good lighting.

not bad desu

not sure here is a few other things I use.

1. black African soap
2. konjac sponge
3. aztec indian healing clay mixed with green tea powder . once a week / month

all this stuff helps with my skin. I still get acne due to sweat from the gym. But it all helps. Having a proper diet works too. more greens

Not sure if that's similar to eczema, but it looks just like what I had on my upper arms for forever. I noticed it got better in the summer when I was outside a lot so I started supplementing d3 5000 ius everyday in the winter. That cleared up like 80% of it. Finally getting it all to go away took vitamins a and e and probably cutting out a lot of dairy products from my diet helped. The d3 definitely helped though

I used to have it pretty bad on my upper arms, thighs and arse but it's beginning to fade now.

I think it's a combination of age (26 now), getting fit, moisturising and getting more sun. I also eat less dairy and gluten these days but i don't think that's what causes it.

Also I've never had anyone ever react to it badly or even say anything about it.

Think I'm going to try this out though, just to try and get rid of the last little patches left.

I bought a 10% glycolic acid cream and it has been working great acne scars

ts the only cream I've ever put on my face and had a noticable difference in 3 days. apply morning and night.
its sent from god. make sure you dont get the face wash but the actual cream

they say you should only apply it at night because it peels off a layer of skin and makes you more susceptible to sunburn
i apply it at night and wash it off in the morning

Hey, does anyone know how to get rid of blackheads?

I've tried scrubbing and a blackhead scrub but nothing really happens

I have it pretty badly on my legs because they're as pale as a ghost due to the fact that I cover my self from shoulder to ankle when outside, as is befitting a chaste lady such as myself.

>having bad genetics

I had it bad. I lost 25 lbs of fat and it improved a LOT. Still kind of there, but whatever.

I haven't had a problem. I find when I'm in the gym I have to wipe it off my face.

My dermatologist told me there is nothing I can do about those.
He told me some think washing with urine helps, but I don't think You want to go there.

I would. Better than that. He told you how to cure it.

You can't cure Keratosis Pilaris.

Me too.

Huh. Pretty sure I had this as a kid. My teacher even pulled me aside once to ask if it was contagious as some other kid in another grade had it. (As if it would be given to her and not my classmate but my school had retard tier teachers).

Didn't do anything in particular, just kinda went with age. Sorry guys.

can confirm cerave and using a loofah helps a ton for me.

my brother had surgery two weeks ago he was getting necrotic skin on his gluteus and surgery was only option left.

he tried everything except stopping smoking, the surgery helped but they had to transplant his skin from tigh to his left ass cheek. sorry, no pictures, he's self concious

but yeah, no cure.

What? Necrotic skin from what? Keratosis?

Notice how this shit appears on skin that rarely gets exposed to sunlight. Never forearms

When I was fat and I had this shit the border on my arms would clearly be to where my T-shirt would reach

Notice how people say 'it disappeared when I got fit'? Thats because they are now confident enough to take off their shirts in summer

tldr; get lots of sun exposure

yep, the keratosis redness turns into puss when it is on your ass and combined with h.suppulativa (and the fact that you are 12, confused and ashamed) the puss creates zits and boils that "explode inside of skin" creating necrotic tissue around it. Dermatologist said "whoa..." as first thing when he saw his ass... then he called his staff to whitness something "rare and unseen so far"
they had to cut into his buttocks alot.

>all this talk of scrubs and loofahs

I just scratch the scales off. It feels a little bumpy and the redness is still there, but I'm titanium white pale, so I imagine with a bit of tan it will be virtually impossible to notice.

Bane of my life. Legit moisturize that shit and it calms down. You'd think exfoliating would do it, but no. I use Aveeno eczema cream on it when it flares up and it calms way down in like 2 days.

I also use that cream on my eczema and rosacea (because I won the genetic lottery with skin issues clearly) and it helps with both of those things as well. I swear its magic

My mates goes away when he spend a few days in the sun.

Not trying to be a dick but how often do you guys get a lot of skin to sun time?

your brother is 12 and smokes?

did I read that correctly?

Depends on where it is. Tough luck if it's on your Ass cheeks. I like to go running for about an hour with a tanktop on when it's nice out, so I get quite a bit of sunlight that way.

Living in a place where the average temperature per month never goes above 15C, and it's negative over half the time...don't end up getting that much sun.

>I went to the doctor about this
>I'm not vain enough to care about this

I love these pictures where you're not 100% sure which body part is displayed.

No cure. I heard good things about gluten free, casein free (no dairy), soy free. Tried it for a month and noticed no change.

I used the lactic acid moisturizer. Didn't work. Tried exfoliating. Tried coconut oil. Tried taking vitamin D3 + cod liver oil pills. Nothing made any visible difference.

If you're of Celtic DNA, it really just may be genetic, like rosey cheeks (which I also have).

A tan helps mask it, but I had melanoma so I can't tan lmao.

he was 12 when it started, ashamed he kept it a secret until 17..

Started dating a grill 2 months ago and never said a word. Unless it's sickly probably wont matter

This+daily exfoliation. It takes a long fucking time, but I used to have them all over my hamstrings and ass and now it's down to a small patch on both hamstrings and you can't even feel them anymore, another 6 months and they should be gone.

lactose intolerant and I still have them, so: no.

Christian cucksman has them too

Somewhat related, anyone have any experience with Seborrhic Dermatitis?

I had a flare up of it all over my trunk and legs which then faded after about 4 months, only to be replaced by it on my eyebrows, nose, ears and arms.

I went to a doctor and he said he had no idea what it was (despite it clearly being Seborrhic Dermatitis). He prescribed me corticosteroid cream for my skin - but this only reduces the severity without actually getting rid of the red flaky look.

Anyone got any experience with this? People always ask me what's wrong with my face and arms and it makes me very upset.