Marinefag here. i want to become a MARSOC operator what do???

marinefag here. i want to become a MARSOC operator what do???

stop playing call of duty and get a job

be physically and mentally fit.

go to /k/ fgt

i dont like call of duty. the true warrior prays he does not have to use his sword
so the physical part seems obvious but as far as what you need im not sure what else besides swimming, rucking, calisthenics etc. what can i do to be mentally fit more

>what can i do to be mentally fit more
get a job

Get with the MARSOC Recuriter for your base. He'll give you a workout plan and if your command isn't dildos you'll be given time to train up for the indoc.

Now once your there you can pass everything and still get turned down when it comes for peer review. As long as your not a faggot you'll probably be fine.

Also, fuck you boot.

Sounds like you're a boot ass pog bitch.

Am i wrong though?

yeah im a boot, been in for about a year so far as a combat engineer. i was told about the peer reviews but thanks again for the heads up on that

Dude go EOD, non competitive promotions beat everything.

EOD just isnt something i want to do, since i essentially will be EOD the rest of my career and id rather be an operator. im already interested going to sapper school as an engineer before i go to A&S if i can

>marinefag here

whats your favourite flavor of crayon?

My friend is a recondo. Don't you pretty much have to go through recon to make it into MARSOC?

Anyways, their indoc was pretty much the same hellish shit that seals go through in buds. So get ready to probably not make it unless you can stand being freezing cold and wet for a few weeks.

Yeah so you're boot as fuck bro just being honest not trying to be a dick. MARSOC is professional grunts. Grunting is all they do. You've probably never even been on an extended field op.

I've got some guys in my platoon going to A+S soon and they're all experienced snipers in peak physical condition. That's pretty much the level you have to be at to consider MARSOC. See if you can even ruck 12 miles in under 3 hours with a 50 lb ruck and that might get you close to an idea of the physical requirements. I know they have to go at an even faster pace than that but in my platoon that's the standard. Then you also have to be able to swim in full cammies. And you should probably have close to a 300 PFT.

Just don't be that boot telling everyone he's going to MARSOC. You're not even an NCO yet so it doesn't matter

MARSOC was formed from recon guys, and last I checked MARSOC reenlistment bounus is more than the recon one so a lot of recon guys jump ship after there first enlistment.

obviously im not going around telling everyone this ive kept it to myself, i was in recon but got pneumonia and dropped so as far as making recon i have a good idea, should i just do what would get me through BUD/S then since theyre SOCOM as well?? rucking was my strong point. my best ruck was 70 lbs and 6 miles in an hour and 5 miniutes
when it first started MARSOC grandfathered force recon marines in who were interested in it but now they have their own school but recon guys are there to help

>MARSOC is professional grunts. Grunting is all they do.
pretty much this man. If hate being out in the field then shit like MARSOC isnt for you.

I used to be in the army and as much as i would of loved trying out for SF i knew it wasn't for me. I used to complete all field exs and pack marches but i still hated it. You have to be wired differently for stuff like SF

>this top tier bants

Thanks for the laugh

>True warrior prays he does not have to use his sword

I've got a friend who's a Raider and all he Wanted to do after his first pump was go back so he could keep gunning.

Boot ass mentality.

Start using steroids

>True warrior prays he does not have to use his sword

thats the most BS statement ive ever heard. You know how many of my mates would go back over in a heartbeat if they were given the chance?

There's a book called always faithful always forward and it's literally just about MARSOC training from A+S through ITC. I read it when I was considering MARSOC and after reading through the whole thing I decided it wasn't for me. Went to the sniper platoon instead because I don't want to be a career grunt. I met some MARSOC guys in SSBC that were chill as fuck. One of was a former admin pog too kek

As a pog though obviously you don't have that option. Definitely read the book though it's pretty accurate.