/owg/

please respond

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BPEkNYllFEW/?taken-by=donny.shankle
mashelite.com/4-day-rbcp-all-meat-and-no-fat-12-week-weightlifting-program/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

frist!1111!!!!!1!!!

how much do you think i could clean if i can dl 4pl8 for 2? would it be like 275?

ive literally never trained it so id prolly just hurt myself but id like to get guesses

>how much do you think i could clean if i can dl 4pl8 for 2? would it be like 275?

lol probably not. how much can you squat?

a decent amount but probably not as much as you would think

how do i avoid looking like this when i lift

instagram.com/p/BPEkNYllFEW/?taken-by=donny.shankle

actually perform the movements correctly, for one

don't let shankle coach you

git gud

ive done 365 not sure what my current max is

yeah i thought so

all the vids on his instagram are so fucking awful on the eyes lads

if you weren't a total newbie than yeah, 275 would be within reach

you could probably do 2pl8 without snapping something

warm up first, obvi

or don't

yeah my new gym has bumper plates so i was thinking of maybe trying oly but id start at like 185 max because i have no form or technique

i mainly powerlift

I'm dyel af and can clean 185.
You'll be good.

how stupid am i for attempting to do bulgarian style training by myself?

not training twice a day, probably just 4 times a week and doing an oly lift and a squat every day, maxes

i read from that chinese coaches say you can clean your 3RM front squat, and on a good day your 2RM and occasionally your 1RM with perfect technique.

sounds about right

Totally pointless and dumb. You're going to develop imbalances very quickly and, considering your technique is probably not great, you'll probably injure yourself in the process.

The 'Bulgarian' method is mostly a peaking strategy for elite athletes. It's not a long-term program.

what imbalances?

Your squat is almost certainly going to outpace any development in your classics. Given that you are 1) probably not lifting all that much at this point and 2) won't be doing pulls, your legs are going to get stronger to the detriment of your back and the rest of your posterior chain. You will start moving out of what should be strong pulling positions into less efficient ones to compensate for this lack of back and posterior chain strength. Weightlifting is ALL ABOUT ANGLES, and if you develop bad ones and reinforce them through repetition you are setting yourself up for long term frustration.

Beyond that, all of the muscles that you would be developing through a 'normal' program--all of them--won't be, so you'll be frying your CNS and overloading a weak and underdeveloped infrastructure.

Doesnt matter

Bulgarian method is for those selected to the national weightlifting squad. Not scrub hobbyists.

Just get a coach. Do what you're told.
Buy the Everett book.

Forget about anything the Olympians do. You are not an Olympian.
When you are elite, you can shift into elite level training.

squat 1rm is 140k
c&j 1rm is 90k
snatch 1rm is 70k

Your ratios are already fucked, my dude.

Why Bulgarian, anyway?

bwg > owg

Because memes, obviously.

i did SS for a while, that's why my squat is much higher than the others

what should my ratios look like?

i like the idea of bulgarian training because i would rather just get in and go hard for a few singles than taking hours to do other routines that focus on accessories and stuff

what routine would you recommend for someone with those lifts? getting a coach is not happening, i live in the middle of nowhere

i won't accept 'don't oly lift without a coach'

Workouts don't have to take that long.

I had 3 primary exercises today:

CJ complex
Clean pulls
Rack jerks

plus body building and core work. Took me an hour to do everything, after warming up. Spent another 20 minutes stretching afterward.

how often do you train?

5 days/week

how often do you squat?

Once or twice a week.

Classics and variations stay ~70-85% for most of the time. Pulls 100-120%. Mostly autoregulate squat intensity, rep range typically 3-5

what are your lifts?

105/135

nice

you compete?

Nah, I'm just a hobbyist. Very few meets in the area, anyway.

There are plenty of beginner programs available online. They're cookie cutter, but they can work if you know how to listen to your body and are open to modifying when needed.

Try this one for a cycle: mashelite.com/4-day-rbcp-all-meat-and-no-fat-12-week-weightlifting-program/

very simple, and you go heavy pretty regularly.

for position work it would be best if you had someone that knows what they're doing looking over your form and giving you feedback. basically, a coach, but wprk with what you have.

Yeah, but this applies to someone who trains oly lifting while getting stronger. Even if you deadlift 4pl8 it doesn't mean that you can hold the certain positions and be explosive.

It's like assuming that you can throw a spear 80meters if you can front squat 200kg

Anyone here have Adidas Leistung 16 IIs? Do you like em?

>bombed all his oly competitions
>has settled for roider powerlifting
What a fallen hero. With his number he put up during training he would've placed around 7th in Rio.

Is it worth spending time to rebuild my squat technique? I'm weak, long femurs etc etc

How is best to go around this? I was thinking maybe tempo 3x8 (4s down, 4s pause just below parallel?) focusing on keeping knees forward etc and try to LP on it?

70kg squat
190kg dl

Funny how Ilya, and all the other top WL'ers are vegeterian or vegan.

They have enough time and knowledge to prep awesome foods, so why not do it ethically and environmentally at the same time. It's not a super diet like clarence has said, it's just the same stuff from different sources.

Huh, that's a nice comparison.

bimperinoo

I have them, I'm just a powerlifter though. I have terrible ankles, so I love the 1" heel. The BOA lacing is also really convenient.

Shit shoe

Get some 2008 adistars

good guide how to learn to power clean now

I squat 200kg, deadlift 220kg, front squat 155kg

I want to learn how to power clean now to add it to routine and have
ATHLETHIC GAINS

>numbers during training meaning anything

welcome to /owg/, how new r u?

LOL YOU GUYS STILL TRYING TO BRING BACK OWG?? LOLOLOLOL JUST LET IT DIE ALREADY AND JOIN PLG YOU TWATS

We're athletes not fatletes

Yup I concur

those numbers don't make any sense m8

try not quarter reaping your back squats

with a back squat of 200 your deads should be about 300kg

u guys r mean to us tho

>bombed all his oly competitions
1 competition actually

ye its almost impossible to get at a decent price