/FITSTEM/ master race

/FITSTEM/ master race

This thread is for smart people who lift. No brainlets allowed ITT.

Post your major, time lifting, stats, etc. and critique.

>major
Comp Engineering. 2nd year

>stats
Bench 275, Squat 315, DL 365

>time lifting
~3 years

130 IQ Forestry major reporting in , brainlets leave this thread REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Does forestry fall under botony?

>130 IQ
Prove it faggot

Nursing, lifting about 1 year, 225 bench, 315 squat, don't diddly.

>chemical/biomolecular engineering and premed

>bench 170, squat 240 x 5, OHP 115 and I don't deadlift for now

>6 months serious lifting

Full blown autism helped me get my 132 iq (according to Sanford-Binet). I'm obsessed with patterns, especially in designs and numbers. How can I translate this into real world anything? Stuck in warehousing bs making min wage.

Good with patterns? Electrical/mechanical engineering might be right for you.

Is bioengineering hard? My school has the one of the top bioengineering departments in the world. I fucking hate biology desu senpai. Math and physics were always my strong suit but I feel kinda retarded in bio classes.

Yeah I have botany and tree physiology classes, we also have maths, GIS, ecology and forest management classes, that kind of stuff

That's I got from the mensa online test

>3 years lifting for stats reachable within 4-6 months for squat and deadlift and 1 year for bench

Lol, kys

I have more important shit to worry about than my numbers in the gym. I just lift for my health and staying in shape.

most stem majors i know have the worst critical thinking skills ive ever seen.

Same program here. Just curious: do you get enough sleep, lift consistently, and eat well?

When you make claims like that, you need to elaborate and give examples. You can't just shit out a bunch of buzzwords and expect people to take you seriously.

>major
programming/software development

>time lifting/stats
like a year, 6'1'' 220 lb, people are surprised when I speak in coherent sentences about interesting topics and describe me as "brawny"

>IQ
140, though I take it with a grain of salt because I took the test when I was young. However, most people who flash their IQ around are using a result from an inaccurate online exam.

Don't confuse soft skills with overall critical thinking skills. Most engineering majors have to take classes in logic because they are extremely logic based professions. But yes, many of them have shitty written and verbal skills. Mainly because they don't try which is sadly why most of them don't get into upper management. That's why I'm getting my MBA and took a shit ton of humanities classes like English (critical thinking) and Philosophy during my GE.

he said that he personally knows you twat. as in, from his personal experience.

Yes, but I don't have a social life outside of school. I go out a few times during a quarter or the summer time so it's not so bad.

OK samefag, go ahead and beat around the bush and avoid the confrontation.

I have always had shitty verbal and written skills. It's the reason I feel like a dumbass all the time. Wish I focused more on the humanities in high school. Would have been so fucking useful with all the need for quick verbal communication in this engineering internship.

I say it as someone who has two bachelors in stem fields. (chem and comp sci.) Most STEM majors I interact with overestimate their own intelligence because of their major and are incapable of changing their opinions on anything. Going through law school was such a breath of fresh air because people would challenge your opinions on things and would accept arguments if they made sense. I think most STEM majors have a very black and white view of the world.

I'm not saying that STEM majors aren't smart. They just arent as smart as they think they are.
Yeah exactly. There's a huge disconnect between knowing the logic behind programming and thinking critically.

>STEM majors I interact with overestimate their own intelligence because of their major and are incapable of changing their opinions on anything

I think you mean that they are insecure about their own intelligence? What would they be overestimating when it comes to an opinion? After all, "opinion is an expression of a person's feelings that cannot be proven". STEM majors study facts not opinions

major: bs in biochem, ms in biomedicine, about to go to podiatry school.
stats: bench: 185, squat: 275, dl: 365
time lifting: seriously for 6 months, before then it was a year of not knowing what the fuck i was doing but still doing curlbro shit

I suggest reading more. That's all my critical thinking class was. Was reading a bunch of novels and poetry and trying to read between the lines and think deeper than what is plainly being written. Reading in general increases overall communication skills and increases your vocabulary.

>about to go to podiatry school
AYYYYYY

>3 years lifting
>365 diddly

IM LAUGHING STRAIGHT TO THE BANK WITH THIS

OHP/Bench/Squat/Dead 145/225/265/285

Graduating with masters in materials science in may. Still haven't found a job. Pretty high anxiety lads.

>tfw you send out applications and hear nothing back, not even a rejection

You can always get your phd m'lad

This. Although I have a lot of respect for STEM majors (and am one myself) anyone can declare a STEM major and call themselves smart, but their definition of smart is pretty skewed towards their own curriculum and that vastly varies. A lot of the grad students I work with blow my mind everyday in how much they know about their field and how little they know outside of that field (and I would say my field is very interdisciplinary). It takes a degree of versatility to humble yourself. Not sure about IQ indications (I took a few retarded online ones as a kid and got scores way higher than warranted IMO), but I've participated in tons of math tournaments and did alright in some, but I ended up burning out half way through highschool.

>Material Sci. & Engr. 3rd yr, concentrating in semiconductor design
>C&J: 120kg, Snatch: 97kg, Squat: 165kg, DL: 160kg, don't bench anymore frogmode
>2 years, some on and off in highschool track & field

High school fag here. Guaranteed to choose a STEM major to pursue but not sure on which one. Math is by far my favorite subject, followed by chemistry and I'm not too interested in the other sciences. While I'd like to study math I feel like there won't be a lot of job opportunities for it. Chemistry seems like a much more flexible and applicable major.

>major
Electrical Engineering, digital emphasis, 4th year

>stats
Bench 225, Squat 225, DL 335

>time lifting
2 years

>IQ
142 when I was a kid, haven't taken it since but probably about 130 or less because I've got a pretty slow uptake

Mechanical Engineering (graduated)

Lifting for 1 month
Bench 60
Squat 95
Deadlift 115

(I'm a manlet)

Its the opposite of what you described bud. Chemistry is useless unless you want to get a phD or go to a professional health school. Math opens up a lot of opportunities: programming, data science, etc.

Engineering?

>Full blown autism helped me get my 132 iq

You can't "help" your IQ you idiot

To add on to what I said: the best majors are ones that teach you employable skills. CS is great because people need programmers and they pay them a lot. Same with most engineering disciplines. Math isn't as directed but as a mentioned earlier opens up a lot of options.

A BS in chem opens you up for one thing: being a lab tech making 30k a year.

>online test

plz no I don't want to go down that rabbit hole

we're probably not even the same gender let alone same fagging. lmao. Just because someone points out what a moron you are doesn't mean they're same fagging.

Software Engineering, 3rd yr.
Lifting for ~5 months
OHP: 45kg
Bench: 60 kg
Squat: 100 kg
Deadlift: 120 kg

Join the chemical engineering master race.

t. the chemical engineering master race.

But really, you can move from a ChemE degree into basically any field. Especially if you have coding experience on top of it.

To further my point, practice what you preach and refer to:

Choke on your fallacies, you retarded hypocrite.

8 ^ )

Why not go back for a different major that you might have a lot of units complete for? Like some sort of engineering. Maybe bio of Chem engineering? Mechanical? Or if you just want a good job go for computer science/engineering?

>trying this hard

>140 IQ
>Finance and Economics majors
>Bench 235, Squat 275, Dead lift 315
I want to apply to get my masters from Harvard School of Business, wish me luck brehs

Undergrad was in ChemE actually.

Right now I'm real fucking done with school.

I was hoping to continue full time at the biotech startup I'm working at but they don't have the capital for another full time hire.

Would like to get better at coding, but not through university.

If you STEM majors are so smart why haven't you finished your taxes already?

fuckin lost it breh

it really wasnt that much effort.

You got triggered. It's okay young one.

> major
Cyber Security, focusing on Network Forensics and Incident Response

> stats
bench 285, squat 330, DL 415

> time lifting
2 years

>major
Computer Engineering

>stats
OHP 155, Bench 205 , Squat 255 , Deadlift 365

>time lifting
1.5 years

>major
Aerospace Engineering, 3rd year

>stats
OHP/Bench/Squat/Dead 175, 295, 415, 500

>time lifting
3 years

software dev
>he's still in college
135/215/275/330

not a fucking nerd like you kids but holy shit you're all pretty weak lol

That is because we practice our most important muscle.

not stem, but ill play
>major
Msc Economics

>stats (1rm)
squat 155 kg, deadlift 195 kg, OHP 70 kg, dips +45 kg

>time lifting
~3 years

>major
Mechanical Engineering, Master's (robotics/mechatronics focus)

>stats
Bench 275, Squat 315, DL 405

>time lifting
~5 years, but spent a lot of it fucking around, spent a whole year cutting hard too

DESU I don't have a real engineering job, I'm an assembly tech. Had a shit GPA in undergrad cuz I chased too much tail. Hoping the master's plus this job experience widens up my field.

>136 IQ (tested when I was young)
>math major
>shitty GPA
>pretty much just an autistic lazy fuckup

A lot of people know "that kid who was really smart but never applied himself" that's me

Oh yeah lifting stats...

Bench: 255 1r
Ohp: 135 5x5
Squat 195 5x5

to all of you who tested iq as a kid, it was to get into a gifted or highly gifted school right? I think thats when I tested for it

>Major
Civil Engineering and Advanced financial mathematics & statistics (though I've graduated and do data science now)
>Stats
195kg deadlift, 140kg squat, 80kg bench, 56kg OHP. 74kg bodyweight

>Time lifting
Probably 3 years seriously

Oh man your perception is fucked, there are far more jobs for math majors than any other science, you can apply it to anything but the big ones are finance and the like

>major
Nursing. 2nd year.

>stats
Bench 305, Squat 405, DL 465
Starting: Bench 115, Squat 185, DL Unknown

>time lifting
~4 years, started at 125 lbs skelly and now 205 lbs builtfat

>IQ
137 :)

Am a math major. Most of the jobs in finance are risk management or consulting and don't pay as well as comp sci jobs do. Only ones where math major wins is trading, but you have to be a phd or just a straight genius.

So was I buddy, i was the post above. Financial mathematics and statistics, trust me they pay well in finance provided you can combine your maths and coding. Though coding and maths are synonymous now

>actual degree
Economics

>lifts
Bench 300, squat 455, dead 515

>time lifting
2 years

BS chem/biochem reporting in.

The biggest problem with it is that there is so many exciting potential products that could be developed but zero ways to do it, so your just stuck as a analyst, an industrial neet making soap or going down the PhD route and hating yourself.

Seriously considering going back after I graduate to get a chemE degree.

Having taken bio at what I guess is the top place in the world and having to remember all these different pathways for everything I would guess bioengineering is not massively different. Engineering typically goes for very large scale things and design style questions but I definitely got those in biology.

However that guy is in molecular bio whatever which is probably a fancy way of saying chemical engineering with living things involved. Much like you couldn't drop a chemist into a bio lab and expect them to keep everything sterile you can't expect a chem eng to know how to handle cell cultures in a process and what not.

As someone on both sides of the fence, it doesn't take much retooling to move between a chem and biochem lab. Others have a lot of trouble with it but most adjust quicker than people new to it all.

How can I make the most of Mech Eng Degree?

About to finish my first year, I did okay but I see where I have to improve.

Anything you wish you did?

>Major
Management Information Systems, sophomore

>Stats
B - 305 S - 440 DL - 515 OHP - 185

>Time Lifting
3 years, played sports through HS

Lols.
Major : Biotechnology
Minor : chemistry
Uhh I'm a chicka so ~pardon~ for the low stats
Bench : 70lbs
Dl : 135lbs
Squats : 135lbs

better get back to studying before I sue the will to live out of you sterile cocksuckers
>i-it's not my fault that building fell over

t. law student

Have a life while at uni, I'm about to finish now and have so many regrets because I thought I had to study all day and night. I'm realising now that I'm socially retarded and my grades actually suffered because I went too hard with the study/gym/eat/sleep/repeat routine

>Anything but Mathematics
>smart
KEK

It's definitely not a difficult set of skills to pick up, but I've heard some stories as crossover has increased in the past few years where a couple of new people have put a lab into disarray for a couple of months. I liked how one person described it, that in bio a lot of the stuff won't stay where you leave it and literally moves on its own.

My impression is it's arrogance from that weird "hard science is le best my science is hardest" mindset. There are plenty of techniques in bio labs that 99% of bio trained people are unable to do, and when you get someone untrained who thinks they can do everything AND MORE it's bound to cause trouble, at least for a bit.

>major
Electrical Engineering/Finance. 4th year
>stats
Bench 265, Squat 335, DL 445
>time lifting
2 years on a bro split

do math

If you're so smart why are you unemployed?

third year mechanical eng
i only do pullups sometimes

Mechanical engineering, 1st year.

All three major lifts are 3x5 135. Diddly'd 315 without form a few years, more than 1pl8 on my shoulders hurts my back something wicked.

Been lifting off and on for 4 years, consistently for about 1 year.

Three years ago was peak weight, 250 lb at 6'1". I'm now 185 at 6'6". Wish I could bulk after three long years of slow cut, but summer's coming and I'd rather be ottermode at the beach than look soft and bigger.

>inb4 lanklets never make it

Lols all stem requires a lot of math and applied calculus.

>"Applied calculus"
>Mathematics
Okay kid

>tfw going into senior year of electrical engineering
>most advanced knowledge of math is used in theory
>in practice, just use a shit ton of algebra
>it takes you 3 years to learn that engineering is not about application of hard mathematics but linearization of non-linear instances for nearly 75% of all problems

CS Degree working as a developer

3 years

pathetic but I've become muh aesthetic so I don't give a shit about the numbers. Just trying to cut for summer because there's a bronze god under this

I like that my job gives me the money and time to do this. Plus I'm the most fit person in my office. Most people are just really skinny or fat with few in between.

>more than 1pl8 on my shoulders hurts my back something wicked.
Activate traps. Good cue is to pull the bar into your back with your arms and then try to push your back through that.

>Cyber Security, focusing on Network Forensics and Incident Response
>Hackerman
Fucking radical. Do you think one can self teach cyber security?

>defending math studies while not differentiating between applied and theoretical math

I have an Masters degree in energy engineering, Computational Fluid dynamics is my favourite field. It take really good knowledge of multi-linear algebra, calculus, statistics and numerical methods.

That being said, i have friends that study pure math and its nothing like that. They have no idea about the application.

>MBA with FINANCE concentration
>240 B, 280 S, 280 D
>5 years (I didn't know what the fuck I was doing my first two and a half years as a kid so that's why I'm weak)

>FINANCE concentration
What's that like?

I need to do that for 1pl8. I only started squatting and DLing this year, I hope I'll be progressing somewhat. I miss squatting heavy :(

Aw man, sorry bro. Hope the rehab or whatever is going alright then.

>major
Grad Mechanical Engineering

>stats
BW 73kg
BP 90lg
OHP 65kg
SQ 100kg
I don't DIDDLY

>time liftan
On and off 3 years, been semi-consistent for a month now

>IQ
Arab here and prolly the smartest fag here at 143

>major
software engineering. graduated last may

>stats
Bench 185, Squat 300, DL 280 (DL scare me)

>time lifting
1.5 years

Means I take upper level courses as an undergrad with emphasis on corporate/IB financial practices

>MD in Emergency Medicine
>BP 180lbs, SQ 265, DL 300

Been working for 2,5 years now, saved good money. Next month I'll be doing a sweet motorcycle trip through Canada and USA and after that I'll be working on a tropical island for a year.

I still drop by Veeky Forums every once in a while, mostly lurking.

STEM is wage slave training
"smart people who lift" are either on the humanities track, or doing something smart right now

stem is a meme. graduated with a bachelors in applied math, 3.8 gpa. couldn't find a job. 1 year into a masters of accounting program and i have a $55k/yr job with one of the big 4 public accounting firms. unless you're studying comp sci, don't study stem.