I'm about to start training Muay Thai, any one here who can give me any advice ?

I'm about to start training Muay Thai, any one here who can give me any advice ?

Other urls found in this thread:

express.co.uk/news/world/705446/Muay-Thai-instructor-dislocates-opponent-leg-one-swift-kick0806874
youtube.com/user/LiveMuayThaiGuy/videos
youtube.com/user/fimeu90/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=p5s89dZhnA8
youtube.com/watch?v=-SMn_c12TCc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What advice do you need? As a beginner just listen to your coaches and work hard

dont fuck with the thai twink boy

What advice do you need? You're going to have a coach standing there giving it to you in real time...

Don't skip conditioning work if you want to be any good at the sport. Class time is just going to go over technique and give you time to do bagwork. The bulk of your conditioning is going to come from running outside of class.

Just general advice, it's going to be my 3rd martial art (boxing and Kung fu previously both trained 4 years each) and i'm curious if i can use some moves that i've learned from those

Don't turn your leg in so much on left hooks as you would in boxing because a leg kick to the back of the knee is death. When you throw a right cross keep your stance long instead of bringing your back foot forward because you generally want to be loading up for a kick after punching.

Do extra conditioning work.
Extra push-ups extra core work extra pull-ups extra run a week.

Don't train with this guy

express.co.uk/news/world/705446/Muay-Thai-instructor-dislocates-opponent-leg-one-swift-kick0806874

get used to standing train tracks instead of south paw or orthodox.

Be sure to throw lots of tiger shots to zone your opponent. Don't get uppercutted

Hey guys another beginner in Muay Thai here. The gym I train in offers sparring but I've only been to three classes as of now. When should I start sparring? Also how do I stop getting unbalanced whenever I throw a kick? I overreach and fuck everything up.

>When should I start sparring?
ASAP

>how do I stop getting unbalanced whenever I throw a kick?
Practice

Get more flexible. Stretch. Spar lightly after a couple of months.

So should spar right away or just train before? I was just thinking of doing some light sparring to learn some new techniques from the more experienced guys at the gym but I don't want to look like "that guy".

Some material for you guys

youtube.com/user/LiveMuayThaiGuy/videos

youtube.com/user/fimeu90/videos

I'm about to start muay thai too OP!

I mean I've been training for the last three years, but class is coming up in an hour.

Let's do it lad !!

relax and breathe out when you punch, and when you get punched/block punches

if you can remember to move your head, it'll help a lot

don't kick people very hard in sparring. firstly because you'll be kind of a dick, and second of all before your shins are very tough if you catch the other guys shins or elbow or foot or something you will just hurt yourself really fucking bad and be grabbing you shin for a few minutes

that's about it. I miss it.

Noob question - how hard is Muay Thai on the knees?
Had a cracked patella and a torn meniscus which healed up nicely but sometimes gives me shit after squatting

>Also how do I stop getting unbalanced whenever I throw a kick? I overreach and fuck everything up.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5s89dZhnA8

youtube.com/watch?v=-SMn_c12TCc

Watch these, their technique is flawless.

Pay attention to the feet and how they rotate on the ball of the foot. Pay attention to the front arm as well and the movement it performs - this is actually the most underlooked detail. Keep your body relaxed until the moment of impact.

Don't ignore your injuries

Just do kickboxing without knees/elbows or low kicks to the knee