QTDDTOT

Last one reached limit

So I've been doing SL for 5 months now and gained about 14kg. Pretty satisfied overall and feel stronger but I feel like my arms and chest could do with a bit more work. Been looking for more advanced routines and came across PHUL. Has anyone done it? Should I stick to my current routine and add accessory workouts or change to PHUL?

My stats (not 1RM)
Squat 176lbs
Bench 1pl8
DL 225
Row 126lbs
OHP 100lbs

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

are your main lifts still progressing?

what are your goals?

and adding some curls to SL isnt going to hurt so might as well

Im currently on a cut, stayed on 87kg for a week then suddenly dropped to 85kg. (i tested the scale with other objects it works well)

I know it's mostly waterweight and shit, but for calculation purposes, can i now say that my weight is 85, or is it some kind of delusion?

like, cna you always say your minimum weight to be your real weight, or is the "real" weight usually taking into account some other shit im not thinking of like having some water weight on you?

Stalling on my Squats but I think that is a form issue, Bench and OHP are pretty good, DL I add 2.5kg instead of 5,. Row has been the same for a month...

My goal was just to look good naked (seriously) but now I'm realizing that my legs look more developed than my arms plus I can barely do a proper dip or pull up so thought I should switch routine

I want to get into boxing. I am in decent physical shape. What kind of gym should I go to? Should I just show up at a boxing gym?

Started dieting Jan 1st and am down by 11kg (92kg to 81kg, 172cm) as of Feb 23. I worked in cardio at the start of March and am running thrice weekly, around 4km currently. Question is, does it matter if I run on lifting days or should I run on my rest days? I run with low speed (I think) if this is of any interest, around half an hour each time. Current interest is to drop weight/bodyfat more than anything.

yeah man just go.

As long as running isn't bothering with your leg workout (tiring you out and making you unable to perform as well), it doesn't matter at all. Make sure not to run daily though, 5 times a week is a good amount.

Great. So far no problems with legs workout, even if I run on the same day. Then again I'm not lifting that heavy because I'm on a harsh deficit.

this please

t. moran who doesn't count the bar

does it really matter what type of carb i consume? (white/brown rice)

it's lmao2pl8 not Lmao1Bar2pl8

i just wnat to know if its ok to say my wegiht is 85

Because that day right in the morning, right after takinga huge shit, it said 85, now it says 86-87 most of the time,

which is my real weight?

if i had to calculate my tdee or something like that, what would be accurate to say?

Go by your morning weight. Your weight on that particular day is always the weight you woke up with.

what if i had some shit inside. This new low cal high protein diet is somehow constipating me, i sometimes measure 1kg before and after shit

how autistic are you?

Who the fuck cares you weird fuck, just take the average of your morning weight for the past week

I have to know, i have to know if i dropped 1kg in the last week or 2kg, or none.

I am in a diet which has a goal of losing 1kg per week

am i achieveing that goal?

am i failing or succeding?

there can only be one measure of succes

that sounds like a solid 8

You measure it between every month, not between every week exactly because your body's weight fluctuates.
Stop being autistic and learn patience.

what do you mean i dont understand!!!

BONUS QUESTION:

im doing a 1200 cals per day and feel like shit all of the time.

is doing 1500 cals from time to time enough to make me feel good again, i'll only do it if it works if not ill keep with this sadistic diet till im at perfect weigth

None of you looks "more developed". You are globally weak and under developed. Do some curls and pressdowns if you want. But your 170 lb squatting legs aren't over powering your physique.

I have several questions

- What are proper running shoes when running on road/concrete surface?

-Couple of people told me that only glucose turns into fat in your body and not the fat that you eat. is that true ?

This, youre very begginer still and probably look like shit naked. Just lift for a couple of years and increase weigth

>feel like shit all of the time.
i can only give 1 solid advice for your diet AND your life in total:

stop stressing so fucking hard, stress has heavy impact on your body, more than you would expect.

so youre sure that i can feel good even tough 1200 cals per day?

depends, how much is your recommended daily income for cals? feeling good starts in your head not your stomach

Are you a grill or a fucking child? Who can survive on 1200 a day

I'm in the same situation, but starting cutting now. What would be the Best routine do me now

Do you get that bump in the middle of the neck from neck exercises or is it genetic? Not the Adam's apple, that long muscle or the esophagus or whatever it is. Pic related

boys have adams apples user.

Please learn how to read

according to this site my tdee is 2400 cals, Im a 173cm 86kg 28yo man.

I just want fat loss asap, and i read everywhere that 1kg per week is hte maximum. so i just do that and lift

I usually enjoy answering QTDDTOT but this is the worst one I've ever seen.

Retards

it's part of the adams apple retard.

put your finger on it and swallow

thats fucking retarded man 1200cal... of course you are going to feel like shit when your body is only half-fueled.

cut 500-800(max) in cals, thats more than enough.
are you doing any exercises?

Ah, I see so the whole thing is the Adam's apple. My bad user, you were right. Thanks for the correction.

You will do 1200 for 5 days MAX, then binge and lose all of your progress.

>many before you have tried
>all have failed

but if its possible im gonna do it. Im lifting and doing cardio 3x per week. Those days i eat 300 cals more. But i figure i burn it easily with the excersise

I just want the most besterestest better n°1 more fastest way of getting to my objective

i cannot stress this enough

my objective is maximum fat loss asap, in the better most N°1 way of achieving it

if theres a way to lose a gram more per day im gonna do it

why not follow my objectives, my objectives are clear

I cannot abandon

what does your diet consist of?

>besterestest better n°1

Does anybody have the image that explains dosages for EC stack? I swear I had it but can't fucking find it anywhere.

if you're working out regularly on that intense of a cut you'll get injured because your body doesn't have enough nutrients to heal itself

don't be a retard, just cut -500.

Fruit and meat.

All kinds of fruits

Meat is sometimes beef, most of the times chicken.

Some tomato and lettuce salad with a spoonful of olive oil

And my secret is eating obscene amounts of lettuce, without anything as an anxiety reliever.
Sometimes the lettuce has mustard

sorry its just my brain kinda locks down when i feel i cant express something that must be so but some thinki it issnt but itso obvious it must be so like that like that like that it must be so like that and no other way of thinking or acting can be right yet some people think and act like that and i must spend every last fiber of my being ensuring it is how i say and therefore how it must be . If i say 1kg per week it has to be that yes or yes or yes and do whatever all all all of its in my power to do it

is this an okay 3 day split? ive been lifting for ~8 months and want to move to a split.

Workout #1 (Chest/Back):
Flat bench
Incline bench
Flyes
Incline row
Shrugs
Chinups

Workout #2 (Core/Legs):
Deadlift
Squats
Sissy squats
Weighted crunches
Planks

Workout #3 (Shoulders/Arms):
Standing OHP
Lateral raise
Skull crusher
One arm tricep ext
Hammer curl
Concentration curl

why lettuce, it's made out of 80-90% just water. eat some veggies instead like carrots. and for fat loss you should REALLY eliminate all sugars as much as possible, maybe 1 fruit a day not more

>eat some veggies instead like carrots.
Calories per 100g of carrots =40
Caolories per 100g of lettuce =10

LETTUCE WINS... FATALITY... FLAWLESS VICTORY

>and for fat loss you should REALLY eliminate all sugars as much as possible
No, you just fell for false knowledge as false as religion.

For fat loss, all that matters is CICO (cals in vs cals out) .

If the calorie deficit is there doesnt matter if every single one of your c alories comes from sugar, you will still lose fat.

The only other factor is protein consumption, which determines how much muscle you lose.

But if you consume enough proteins then it really doesnt matter if 100% of your other calories come from sugar or fat.

Altough you also must meet your micronutrients needs, like vitamins, which are mostly in fruits not fats

are you autistic or something?

>don't be a retard, just cut -500.
sure, and take 3x the time to reach my goal?, no thanks

probably yes, i just want to sit in a room alone and look at my abs in a mirror

>LETTUCE WINS... FATALITY... FLAWLESS VICTORY
end yourself already.
oh wait you already are with 1200 cals

So, my ass stinks real bad when I get all sweaty.

How does one improve ass stink.

>end yourself already.
>oh wait you already are with 1200 cals
Haha, i must admit you made me laugh, good one my calorie loving friend.

shave

>ass stubble
>I can feel the sand paper already

its really not that bad desu, i couldn't feel it myself

>random qt sits next to me
>want to talk to her
>don't know what to say
>want to ask qtddtot
>see your routine
>makes me puke 2 min straight
>qt screams and runs away
thanks asshole

Doing PPL and HIIT cardio for cutting. How many days a week should I be running ideally? Like how much will yield the best results for maintaining as much muscle mass as possible?

2, max 3

How good is clen?

I do 3 days a week @ 30 minutes after i lift, and it works for me.

Oh fuck, ok my man. I wasn't getting results fast enough, I guess I'll keep doing what I'm doing then.

Would it be ok to do 20-30 min of low-intensity cardio on my rest day or would it be better to just take rest days as needed and forgo the extra cardio?

keep rest day a rest day

I went for a swim today for the first time in awhile, and could only do 400m in about 20 minutes switching between freestyle and backstroke. Since these are shit numbers, I'm debating switching to running to get more time efficient cardio benefits.

Thoughts?

the problem with swimming is that techinque is very critical.

if your goal is to burn cals then dont worry, youre probably burning em

but with a shitty techinque it probably takes you as much effort to do 100m as michael phels to do 1km.

ITs really really very decisive

HELP

i've been diagnosed with something called "foreshortened hamstrings"

apparently it goes away if i stretch a lot for a good while, but the thing is that for about 6 months to one year i cannot do any lower back or leg work, only upper body.

should i just go 100% hard on all the lift i can do and risk becoming a nolegsday physique, or should i tone down my lifts so that my dont have as much trouble with my legs when i get there?

whats wrong with the routine?

Can I replace conventional deadlifts with sumo? I tried sumo for the first time today and it felt a hell of a lot better on my back than conventional did. Also, I think I lack the mobility to properly deadlift in a conventional stance, as my normal deadlifting stance only feels normal if I have a wide stance anyway. Can I use sumo as a way to develop the mobility to later on incorporate both conventional and sumo into my routine?

Also, would I need to add more lower back work into my routine is I just did sumo? Right now I just do bent over dumbell rows and lat pulldowns for back, alongside romanian and conventional deadlifts.

don't do sumos unless you 100% know what the fuck you are doing. I have a wider stance myself and it works just fine with low bar. your stance is mostly determined by your body structure which you are born with, so some people have a narrow stance, some have a wider one.

I've got a question:
Generally speaking, depending on your body weight what is the optimal amount of weight you should be packing on for the following workouts:
>Squats
>Deadlift
>Bench Press

If you go running for the first time in a while then the results will be shitty too. You will get better at it eventually, you don't have to change it unless you don't really enjoy it and prefer running. Swimming is easier on your joints though, I would do it if I had a cheap swimming pool nearby.

What's a replacement for pays in the morning that has about the same amount of calories? I eat a cup every morning but it's shit and sometimes gives me gas.

>pays
Oats.

Optimal is heavy enough to stimulate progress and light enough so you can keep the form strict. These numbers change with training obviously, you can look up some standards here exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

brother...

The goal is to improve cardio workload over burning calories. I'm not looking to make great times at this point (maybe a number of years from now do a triathlon).

I do prefer swimming, but I don't know if the progress on a running routine like couch to 5k would yield better cardio benefits in a shorter span of time than just aiming to add a length or two to each swimming session within the same time frame which is my current plan. I've seen the swimming version of couch to 5k, but I'm fairly far away from doing even the first week's programming

Is failure to finish reps a part of the process for 5x5?

I already hit a bit of a roadblock with some of my sets because my squats weren't deep enough and I couldn't do the final set for barbells.

I do feel I'm getting stronger though

Anybody else have dark rings/bags under their eyes? Did you ever find a solution?

AFAIK under-sleeping, oversleeping and anaemia can cause it. I don't think I'm anaemic, don't have pale gums or anything. I've been taking iron for about 2 months just in case but haven't noticed any difference. I have been an insomniac all my life but lately I'm sleeping a lot better and still no change. Is there anything I can do about this? I think it really affects my facial aesthetics.

Smile more.

It comes eventually with linear progressions, you can't progress that way forever. They have some rules how to deload in that occasion so look it up on their website.

What do you mean with these fast cardio benefits? They develop over time with your anaerobic capacity, it will rise with swimming too. Planning in long term, you will be probably more consistent with cardio activity that you enjoy. You are probably exerting yourself similarily with swimming anyway, since even though you may cover less distance, your heartrate is high throughout the session, beacuse it's hard for you.

You can also alternate between the two and try out which is better. Or change for running, that's your choice. Are you really better at running though?

is it normal to be out of breath during squats

i did the following:
280x10
290x8
300x6
315x4

and was completely gassed (1rm is 340)

should i switch to sets of 5

>Lost 75 kg
>Started bulking/gaining muscle around 1.5 years ago. With taking a break a few months here and there and slacking the first 3-4 months.
>Often cutted to stay a bit lean
>Have saggy excessive skin tits. Thought it was gyno but it was ruled out
>Due to experience and noticing hiw my body changed I am certain now I will be able to train this to a "normal" chest if I keel up the work
>I'll need some more mass to fill up and I need to stay below a certain bf% for the residue fat pockets in my chest to melt away.
>Tired of bulking>cutting and decided to just bulk up for 4 months to get the mass required ans then cut untill the residue fat is gone.

Basically I'm just asking what routine is the best to just get mass. Dont care about the diet, about a bit extra fat or how many times a week. What is the best routine for bodybuilding? As I have only done strength training in low rep ranges I have no experience whatsoever with just focusing on mass.
Pic related, it was me +- 1,5 months ago. My chest has already improved since then and to give a visual of how bad it was before I started lifting. Imagine the same horrible saggy tits stretching out to where you see the first outlining of my abs. It literall was a 15+cm flab back then.
Also my skin will not retract anymore. When Ibstarted lifting Ibwas already at a healthy weight for over a year.

How much do you do for Dips and Pull ups ?

lost 75kg? is that right? pleaes put before and after picture, i can't even imagine what that looks like.

Wrong pic

I smile plenty, I don't think that's the issue

legs are your bodies biggest muscle group
muscles need oxygen

Are sauna suits a meme? Do they help burn extra calories

please show me the before. Also, did you consult with a plastic surgeon? it is my understanding that loose skin fixes itself over time

Aight. This isn't even a poc on my heaviest. Sadly I gained roughly 15 kg after this pic.

Heavy deadlifting, pullups and squats

those big three give you the most general body mass if you keep eating enough

Wtf, why doesn't the SS routine have any bicep exercises?
I'm starting gym soon and am wondering if it's ok to just add some curls after every workout?

congrats man, your transformation is incredible

Yeah I did. Before I started lifiting she said there was no way I'd be able to fix my stomach and tits. Ofcourse I'll have to get surgery for my stomach but that gets paid back mostly here. Just want to see if I can still train my chest to "normal". Otherwise I'm gonna do both surgeries at the same time. But if O compare to where I am now and ahen I went to the doctor I am certain I dont nees surgety if I just keep going for abother year. The improvement between this and that time is insane it's just hard to get that last bit of fat away trapped in there so I'll need zo be sub 10% bf for half a year or so, which really isn't a problem for me anymore.
And yes it retracts but you can compare yoir skin to a balloon. If you blow up a balloon it retracts to normal, but if yoi blow it up to big that it stretches out to much it still retracta except that you stretched it out to much that it will never be able to retract enough to get to it's original form.

pull ups hit your biceps hard

but with surgery you can get it back to 100% normal, right?

I have a pullup bar and I mainly feel it in my back desu. Wouldn't rely on those to build my biceps

>What do you mean with these fast cardio benefits?
I mean the cardio noob gains.

>Are you really better at running though?
I'd say so because my arms seem to be a limiting factor in progress. My rest times tend to be more for letting them cool down to work again than for catching my breath.

I'm doing those, and benching aswell. I was just wondering what is best. High volume, low frequentie or low volume high frequentie. And if it's best to go ppl or push/pull/x or some other routine. I know the best thing for sets to gain mass is counting time under tention (45 sec +) instead of going for low reps like I am now.