Ten pull-ups is the standard for being fit

FACT: If you can't do ten pull-ups you are objectively unfit.

You lift all these heavy ass barbells but that just makes you a tubby strongfat (m-muh bearmode) who would probably die in a life or death situation where you had to pull yourself up a ledge or fence or pretty much do anything that requires even an ounce of flexibility or acrobatic skill.

I've been to house parties where Chad will just do 8-10 pull-ups on a ceiling beam when the beat drops and all the girls start cheering and wet themselves in excitement. Tell Stacy "I bench 2pl8" OR show her you can do 15 pull-ups off of a tree branch and see which makes her bite her lip (hint: it's the latter).

Having high Strength:Bodyweight ratio also means far fewer risks of injuries doing everyday tasks or by falling, etc.

>there are pulluplets posting on Veeky Forums RIGHT NOW
LOL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3NMC7mF4bJo
youtube.com/watch?v=SfGNjYogpiE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ten pullups is more than is required to join the secret service.

I know this is b8, but I actually kinda agree

I can do 6 chinups, but I can't do a single pullup.
Should I just start training negative pullups?

Could do 30 pull ups at 75kg, can only do 15 at 95kg. Wonder how many i will be able to do at 105 hmmm

>psst, you cannot brag about benching 100kgs
It is literally tier 3/10 in lifting

yes. if you can do chinups, it's probably your lats holding you back (heh). negatives are great.

buncha half reppers gonna come gloat itt

If you were hanging on a ledge, you would only need to do a pullup once to get up.

yeah this

go full deadhang slow reps or home

>not using the adrenaline rush from being close to death to hammer out 20 pull-ups far more than you normally do to get gains like never before
Never gonna make it

I used to be able to do like 18-20 pull-ups easy, but not I struggle with 12.

I can lift much more weight than I used to though, and I've gotten a lot stronger. I have about the same amount of bodyfat too.

3x10 at 185 and 35lbs on the belt 90 second rest between sets

or

1st set 22-27
2nd set 15-18
3rd set 8-10

>pull self to top of cliff
>can't transition rest of body over edge
>die

should've practiced your single bar dips and muscle ups anoonymous

I can do 7 but I'm mostly untrained.

thank god, last time this bait was posted people thought as long as the chin is below the bar then goes above it, it's a rep.

fyi, its 10 pull ups after your entire workout, not before.

that includes cardio.

Nah, you can get to the extended pullup range and swing your legs over

That's how I used to rock climb when I was a kid

Considering this is bait, I actually agree. 15 is a good number but 10 should be a minimum, preferably chest to bar.

>can only do 2 pull ups and 4 chin ups
JUST

Gonna go for 3 and 5 tomorrow

I've been stuck between 8 and 10 for months now, ideas?

I have no issue doing 10 chin ups but lack like crazy on pullups...was planning to do some tomorrow anyway.

I can't even do 1 fucking pullup. How do i improve? I don't have access to one of those bands to do assisted pullups either.

Well maybe not, I can only do 5 wide grip pull ups...I never really do close grip but I'm sure they're a lot easier.

i do sets of 5 reps weighted pull ups with 70 lbs (165 lb bodyweight)

doing 75 next workout

actually the standart for being fit is 50m Butterfly in less than 30s

>there are swimlets posting on/fit/ RIGHT NOW
LOL

>tfw 10 reps weighted with 100lbs

6 pullups here.

im 16% body fat so anyone that is less and cant do 6 should consider suicide t b h

can do 8 chins but only 1 pullup
my lats are weak as fuck

>Tfw got to 20 today
>Still a skelington

Calisthenics is a meme if your not a mantel

I can do nine, but I weigh 131 kg. Am I unfit?

post pics now

You're telling me the 5'0 stocky manlet who can do infinite pullups is more fit than me at 6'4? fuck out of here. that's not how fitness is measured.

body mass grows faster than height does, that's just how it works. taller people are much stronger, but relative to their own body mass its lower so they can't do as many pullups.

Are we going to pretend that 10 pull-ups is some hard feat?

It should take a month tops even starting from 0

DYEL skeleton with no gains detected.

Why do you even post on Veeky Forums if you're this weak lmao

>taller people are much stronger
Historically, the strongest men have usually been of average or below average height.

>taller people are much stronger, but relative to their own body mass its lower so they can't do as many pullups.

ur just weak af mate

Strongman competitors are usually 6'0 - 6'5. They start to experience organ failure in their 40s just from being too massive though.

Does it works with push ups the same?

I'm talking about "real" strongmen, like Paul Anderson and Louis Cyr.

arm wrestle me faggots

pullup difficulty is a function of mass and distance

taller people are heavier proportionate to their height (why tall people have to be 200+lbs to look normal) and have longer arms, thus more distance

Not to mention the longer arms are doing more work (distance) with worse leverage.

At least that is my excuse for only doing 8 chinups and 5 pullups.

>implying brian shaw and hafthor aren't real strongmen

Despite the similarity of their names, push-ups are not analogous to pull-ups.

The counterpart to pull-ups are dips. Again, you should be able to do at least 10 of these to be considered fit.

They aren't. They needed steroids to reach their level.

I got you, thanks senpai.

Question
Why do I always fail my 3rd set on weighted chinups?

>do first set, 8 reps
>no sweat
>do second set
>fuck, that last two reps was a chore
>do third set
>kill me, can only pump in 3 to 5 reps

Every single time.
What is happening?
Is it my biceps fatiguing first?
I've never done bicep isolations.

My girlfriend can do 15 pullups but she can't bench 1pl8. Is she fit?

Mad props to her.
Never seen a girl able to do that many.

>15 kipping pullups

unless she's doing them deadhang and none of that crossfit bullshit then yes, she's extremely fit fit.

15 proper form full ROM pullups is fucking impressive

i hate you

Negatives.

You should extend the time you rest between sets.

The counterpart to pull ups is The Press ™

196 cm here, can do 25 pullups, this is retarded excuse.

its mostly about getting a ccustumed to pullups,

iremember i was once able to do 200-250 pushups in 1 go, haven't done them awhile can only do like 50 atm.

chad impresses normies with 1/2 ROM pull ups. for the record i can do about 16.

also, the thing that's gonna make a girl at a party bite her lip is doing a pull up while she clings onto your back. if you have an approximate 1RM of 100lbs added and pick a tiny skinny girl then this should be possible.

>posting a girl
>calling her Chad

I'm pretty sure you guys are memeing. Pullups can't be that hard unless you are fat or skele.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about.

I want to see links to peer-reviewed double-blind University studies that conclusively and objectively PROVE that someone who can't do 10 pullups is not physically fit. If you can't post at least THREE studies then you're clearly an idiot who needs to stop posting and leave Veeky Forums.

post body

the only evidence worth anything with lifting is empirical.

if you want to base your workouts around studies, hit up your local commercial gym and talk to the freshest, DYELest PT you can find.

t. youtube.com/watch?v=3NMC7mF4bJo

I can do more than 10 of these and more than 10 chin-ups, but pretty much no pull-ups.

:'(

I'm a beginner though. I hope negatives will actually work.

LOL just like I suspected, you have NO real data to back up your claims, you're just full of shit. Go back to R e d d i t.

She is doing deadhangs, there's no kipping in my household.

Yeah, she just decided when we were in college that she wanted to be able to do them, she could only do like 2 when she started training them. Now she's trying to do weighted pullups but that's not going super well she hasn't been able to move up from 5lbs yet.

It probably helps that she weighs practically nothing.

i've seen people like you

they're all DYEL and weak

being an amateur sports scientist is going to get you nowhere, laddo

15 dead hang pull ups for a girl is seriously up there. she must be in excellent shape

its kinda brutal that chicks who lift and shit have to do it in the shadow of men

nah that guy doesn't know what he is talking about. You need to strengthen your m.brachialis. Negatives will help but there are better ways. This video explains it youtube.com/watch?v=SfGNjYogpiE

Also you should look for proper form for a pull up. Most people cheat when do it in various ways.

cuz they use a whole lot less bicep

negatives work like magic, got me my first couple pullups

While this is a valid point, it is in no way an excuse not to be able to do 10 pull ups.

Source: I'm 6'5 at 230 and can do at least 13 dead hang pullups.

I'd recommend to anyone who struggles with them to buy one that goes on your door frame and knock out 3 or 4 every time you pass under it.

>tfw 8 dead hang pull ups

fucking t rex mode

Literally who can't do ten pullups

That's easy as shit, anyone who isn't heavy should be able to do it within 2-3 months. What an incredibly low standard

>6'7" 240 lbs

Pullups are a huge weak point for me. I can do 4 or 5 ezpz but after that they become insanely hard. Recently added 30 reps to my pull day but they still suck.

Any tips? Wide grip is the only comfortable one for me.

He works out at the library

Good. Keep at it.

Tfw the only one guy at my gym who can do reasonable pull-ups has any leg mass, everyone else is twiglets.
>if you weigh nothing pull-ups are a dream.

Who the fuck can't do 10 pull-ups. I eat fast food 6 times a week and can still do that, haven't even been to the gym in 2 months

9/10s of the people on this board actually.

Of course wide grip is the only form of pull up that's comfortable. It's the only one you train and you have wide as fuck grip.

Do chinups alongside GtG protocol for your pullups.

>tfw I can do more pullups than most of fit cause im a spooky skeleton

Monkey bars or anything else you can find.

465 pullups without weight
150 with 70kg on my back
t. ice climber

bitch character

what did your gf do to train? My girlfriend can't do a pullup, so I suggested lat pulldowns and we're working on the progressions until she gets there.

grabspamming fag

probably the increase in muscle mass, 12 is still good user, how many can you do in sets? I try to do 5x5 pull ups every time i hit the gym, it's one of my favorite workouts desu

I'm stuck at 14 atm. I joined the marines and will most likely ship in ten days. A perfect score is 20+, any tips on how I can squeeze a few extra before I go?

you're better off giving her negatives, jumping pull ups etc.

lat pulldowns may seem like a good way to substitute a pull up but the reality is that they are vastyle different movements. pulldowns have like zero carryover to pull ups.

>being a manlet

i dont get it

post body faggot

have fun not being in 4 loser

I can do 10 of these, barely

see
fuck off, i'll be in 4

>arm wrestle me faggots
>wanting to touch another mans hand for an extended period of time
>calling us faggots
>mfw

I can do over 25 pull ups in a single set from dead hang to chest to bar. I also can do one arm pulls and chins thats all I ever trained I didnt know there was an alternative.

The first time I saw some fat ass doing pull downs I was shocked. I couldnt comprehend the the fact you can be so fat and powerful you could pull down over 250+ lbs but couldnt do a single pull up. Just didnt make sense to me.

we can wear gloves brah, no homo

Thats even more gay

damn, I've heard that about pulldowns before, but I told her to do them cause they seemed to help me lol. Progressions it is, then.

try practicing with negative reps