Who decided that men should have short hair and women long hair?

Who decided that men should have short hair and women long hair?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QVov2TEYJ8k
youtube.com/watch?v=CkTheoMwI7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jesus

Some cunt, I don't know

Women spend their time covering and dressing themselves in pointless expensive trash that gets in the way

I mean imagine if you came into work one day and your male boss came up to you and was wearing 3 inch heals, an undershirt that made his muscles look bigger, and make up all over his face. Would you respect that?

Hindus and the Rastafarians copying them believe their long dread locks are like antennas which give them better intuition or something. Some copycat sect in Peru named the Israelites of the New Universal Pact also picked the concept up.
Maybe women have thinner hair then men so they need more to keep their intuition and senses intact other wise they might become unstable like a cat that has had it's whiskers cut while men can do with less hair but having longer hair will give them greater insight which is why many "wise" men have had longer hair and why many sjws have shaved hair styles.

19th century Germans, specifically Prussians.

Long hair hides the fact that many women look kind of masculine when hair isn’t covering the sides of their faces.

Why do you think so many women look so bad with short hair? It’s because they look like teenage boys.

Define "long hair"

are you tweaking?

>Why do you think so many women look so bad with short hair? It’s because they look like teenage boys.
hawt

When you bend your head or are in a fight or do any manual labor, long hair gets in your eyes.

Obviously buzz-plebs imagine someone looking like a cancer-soldier type of thing, but something like >10cm of hair is completely workable length.

I dunno, I'd bang this Nubian minx.
Black people might be able to do with less for having sturdier hair follicles.

they look like pudgy anime characters

The only problem with long hair is during military enlistment (standartized gear, unsanitary conditions, camping) Which is why long hair was never an issue for tribal and nomadic societies, and women kept it.

Long hair makes you more sensitive, it's why their we're native trackers in modern war who were allowed to keep their long hair. It's also why women cut her hair when they are going through trauma, it number the pain.

smart men would always keep their hair short to avoid getting hair grabbed like a little bitch

Do you often try to touch other men's hair, you faggot?

Holy shit, what product does she use on her skin???

not him but
>I have never been in a fight: the post

There's a reason why people that used long hair in early mma got their shit kicked in when other fighters used their hair as leverage against them.

Good example: youtube.com/watch?v=QVov2TEYJ8k 7:20 onwards

Will men wearing skirts ever be acceptable again? I live in South America, it gets fucking hot, am I really destined to have to wear pants for the rest of my life?

I'm 30 years old and I haven't been in a fight. Maybe stop associating with plebs.

>implying it's good
>implying eventually you wont be in a situation where you would have to defend yourself only with your fists

Probably because women needed to stay warmer when having kids so their hair grows faster from a young age so they can have healthier kids later in life. Men have it short for the same reason although men from Nordic countries have long hair because of the cold.

What a weakling pleb.

Knowing how to fight and fighting in controlled enviroments =/= street fighting like a low life.

It's acceptable in Arabia

>I fight like a little girl: the post

Sure thing, ghetto bois, sure thing.

What did men in your area wear prior to Europeans?

14. Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15. But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
(1 Corinthians 11:14,15)

Must be some kind of oil.

Most depictions of Jesus show him as having long hair

Long hair is impractical regardless of whether you're a fighter or a manual laborer

Not much

Doesn't Corinthians also ban shellfish and roofs that aren't flat?

All these replies and no-one can answer a really simple question. The current fashion for short hair on men stems from the short hair soldiers had to wear throughout the world wars. This was mainly a method of maintaining hygiene and insuring a good fit on the standardised gasmasks and helmets. It's also handy in bootcamp, where uniform appearances are considered important when training men to be less individualistic and part of a fighting unit.

This shifted the western perception of masculinity to an image of a clean shaven, short haired man, as the heroes and propaganda tools of the era all looked like that.

probably because long hair is a sign of wealth and good health, but its also really fucking annoying to have and take care of, so we eventually got to a point where only women cared enough to do it.

In what way would it be impractical outside work and fighting?

Well they lived there for thousands of years so they probably know what's best to wear.

Just wear shorts you fag

Nigger, short hair was popular and common in a shit ton of culture way before the world wars.

It getting in your face when you eat is kind of annoying

Only fags wear shorts though

>It getting in your face when you eat is kind of annoying
Are you stupid? How do you think women eat?

And only fags wear skirts, double faggots
>b-but muh romans wore it
You know how much boipucci they crushed on the regular, right?

Short hair is a sissy r*man-thing and slave-thing

Greek gods, Semites, and Celts had long hair

Don't listen to him wear a tunic.

having hair is dionysian and having hair cut is apollonian

I did

Your ancestors wore a fucking armor when they slaughtered your other ancestors, and you didn't hear them crying about it

>How do you think women eat?
Very carefully. They also use makeup which makes eating even more difficult. That's why there's a perceived feminine way of eating food. Women are super careful.

This, some ancient Greek stuff would be comfy a as fuck in summer.

Praise Jesus

>Why do you think so many women look so bad with short hair? It’s because they look like teenage boys.
This really really feels like it is a social construct, we are used to see them long haired and a short haired one no longer fits the idea we have of a woman.

Long hair
>Show you are healthy
>it is easier to hide defects

short hair
>It is practical
>No one can hold your hair and make you a bitch in a fight

evolutionary psychology would say it is the logical move as women used to show they were healthy and men used to fight and keep themselves alive against other men

If you've never been in a fight you're the faggot. Objectively you're a numale.

how common is this trope among hunter gatherers in general? definitely didn't apply to a lot of native american tribes right?

I guess its because long hair is pretty and short hair is practical

who knows, the ancient spartan males had long hair and had the philosophy of "long hair adds beauty to a good face and terror to an ugly one"

I believe he's more of a liar than a faggot

Women I don't know, but for men it's basically . Long hair just gets in the way.

Is black panther any good?
This scene looks interesting.

I wouldn't respect it because I was conditioned not to respect such behaviour
If every person and media appearance of men was like that, I would not respect the opposite

>It’s because they look like teenage boys.
This is not necessarily a bad thing.

But The frankish nobles never cut their hairs, because it was a symbole of losing your powers.

which is why you use a man bun

men's work=diligent and dangerous, need to be able to see and don't want to have anything that can be caught hanging off you

women's work= housekeeping and child-rearing, doesn't matter what kind of hair she has

Men are killers, and in the business of killing long hair is a liability.

The fact that you spent a time thinking about writting that amazes me.

man bun holocaust when

I've always wondered this. It seems to be near-universal culturally.

man-buns deserve to be burned at the stake Vlad the Impaler style

It's gone in and out of fashion multiple times throughout history, but short hair as the current norm for men probably comes from around the time of the Napoleonic era. Before that, many men wore long hair, including Napoleon himself. Pic related; it's him as a young general, wearing his hair in the "dog ears" style which was popular at the time. As for why short hair became fashionable for men again, it probably had something to do with the growing popularity of neoclassical influences in art and fashion; one recalls that ancient Roman men also wore their hair short, as previously mentioned in this thread. (There were obviously much more classical influences happening in women's fashion, though. Just compare any picture of Marie Antoinette to any picture of Josephine and see for yourself who looks more influenced by ancient Greek/Roman ladies.)

After that, short hair has basically stayed as the norm for men, except for rock musicians, hockey players, and whatever kind of people wear man buns.

Long hair for women seems to have been a norm throughout most of history to my limited knowledge.

Nice eurocentrism

what the fuck are you two on about?

Instead of being a snarky woman, could you add something to the conversation? Maybe could you substantiate your reply with some examples that would contradict his assertion?

Long hair symbolizes good health, wealth. Shining., good, long hair among apes imply that female ape can support herself (and children) and is a good partner.
Christian women anyway wear hats, scarfs etc to protect their 'honor'.
Super short hair among women were like punk move and fighting against old fashion. (XXc)

Werent in Ancient Rome long hair have barbarians and civilized men were shaved/haircuted?

>writting

>eurocentrism

Arabs still dress like that

>not having long hair RIGHT NOW
Samson wuz rite

So do Indians

Biology.

Men have more difucult time growing long heri and we have a lot lower hair quality.

War did

women are vain and men are practical

yeezus

why don't you wear a longyi?

Hot as fuck

ever wonder why black people always have close cropped hair or buzz cuts? They can't grow hair

I mean why should you be in a fight? It sounds like niggerdry to accuse someone of not knowing the real world because he's not had to box a negro

Yes they can. You see more black men growing their hair out today

Because in war, any exposed beard/long hair can be pulled and used against you.
Beards/overtly long moustaches prevent the full seal of gas masks.
Hence, shaving become the military standard.

As for why women should have long hair.
It is mainly for aesthetics, gender distinction and as a means of control (hair-pulling)

smart guys, these franks
youtube.com/watch?v=CkTheoMwI7c

why are you trying to make this a race issue?

But heels were literally invented for men, by men.
Makeup and wigs have also been used by men a lot through history.

If manual labor is reason for short hair than women would also wear it short

Or you could just wear a hat

>violence is only for NIGGERS! Nevermind that all great civilizations were built by violence.
The absolute state of soyboys

real men dont brag about getting into fights
these niggers your talking to are just numale faggots thinking because once they got their ass kicked in a bar now they are something
they are not

Wow ur so cool

The patriarchy. Long hair can be pulled and thus one can be easily dominated.

OH SHIT WE GOT THE MASTER OF THE DUNGEON OVER HERE, LOOKS LIKE WE GOTTA SUCK HIS DICK