How is cutting without tracking calories/macros actually done?

How is cutting without tracking calories/macros actually done?

Do you just avoid specific high calorie foods or something? Like not eating breads, butter, chocolate etc, and eating lean means instead of fatty meats, or egg whites instead of whole eggs?

Just asking because I don't see how you could cut any other way.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/060905225848.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258944/
authoritynutrition.com/ghrelin/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23885994
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When I cut I eat a protein bar at 1pm then I eat as much as I can in one sitting around 7. Works pretty well for me, and it's great if you have a social life.

Tried this and developed an eating disorder. Just track macros/calories.

You eat less and make sure you hit your protein quota with shakes.

Not eating high carb shit and eating lots of veggies works for me

That's what i do and I'm lean year round. Lots of unrefined carbs, legumes, veggies to fill you up with fibre and water. Never counted calories once

How do you not get hungry during IF?

hungry is just a state of mind, man.

your body gets used to it. its like eating low carb, at first u will cry "i need carbs maaan i feel weak withoutr ccarbsss byyahah no energ i must eat high carb!!!"

then after uve done low carb for a week u will realize how much better u feel and u dont even want to eat carbs. (not shilling keto, but keep carbs ~100g/day)

You go to bed hungry and avoid eating calorie dense food.

when cutting I just eat oats only oats

>try to eat the same amount of food that keeps you satiated, but switch to less calorie dense food
or
>maintain your eating habits but increase your energy expenditure with additional exercise

Personally I think it's a lot easier just tracking your calories

Eat clean
Eat less carbs than when bulking
Eat less often (intermittent fasting)

Protein makes you filled, right? I ate some fastfood a week ago and I never felt full, but I got full easily with just a serving of rice and two hardboiled eggs

Stay away from unhealthy food, eat your oats n veggies. That's pretty much it

keep carbs under protein, keep sodium as nonexistent as possible

>How is cutting without tracking calories/macros actually done?

it is actually very easy, it goes like this:

>you try to cut
>you fail at it

I look at what I'm about to eat and say "Is this gonna make me a disgusting fat fuck?"

Fiber makes you feel full, protein doesn't. Toss a serving of baby spinach or veggies in with dinner and you'll end up a lot more satisfied.

On the topic of the OP, I've counted calories for so long I don't keep track anymore. I've weight my chicken so much I can eyeball it, I just keep a mental ballpark note of everything and it's fine.

>Fiber makes you feel full, protein doesn't.

literally 100% wrong

You need sodium to survive dumbass

*citation needed*

why does someone comment this retarded shit. i even said 'keep as nonexistent AS POSSIBLE' meaning take some but don't add hotsauce because it's NOT NEEDED.

then you have the autism to add in dumbass.

no wonder i don't come to this shitboard anymore. it's retards cherry picking posts all day with dadbods while benching 135 pounds for 3 reps.

I just eat the same stuff in smaller portions and substitute lower calorie options when reasonable.

> 4 eggs instead of 8 for breakfast
> 0 calorie sips instead of the regular variety
> use smaller plates for lunch and dinner
> mix whey with water or coffee instead of whole milk.

If you need to strip more than ~1000kcal out of your diet to start being in a deficit then you might have to start counting calories or reevaluating your normal food choices.

sure

sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/09/060905225848.htm
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4258944/
authoritynutrition.com/ghrelin/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23885994

What amount of calories are some of you aiming at? I'm going to start cutting in the next week and based on the calculators I've used 1600-1800 sounds about right. 5'7", 190 lbs.

First of all, hotsauce is always needed you faggot.

Second of all, no one gives a shit if you come here or not.

I'm cutting right now

>5'7
>177lbs
>1750 calories a day

>5'7
>139 lbs
>1600 calories a day

If you drink as shit load of water(which you should be) you need sodium

I just do lots of cardio, avoid junk food completely, and eat lean meals with rice or potato.

Not counted calories in a long time.

I think the ability to cut without counting comes as you get to know your body better tho.

about 2 weeks into my cut here. my window is about 1pm to 8pm but not really strict. about 2 big meals. if I dont get hungry at 2am (still up at that time usually) i feel like I failed, so I guess I view hunger as a reward

I just eat healthy and avoid really bad shit like junk foods and soda. I also keep my portions small and immediately stop when I feel full, even if there's food left on my plate. My macros are probably off but I lose about 1lb/week so I know I'm somewhere around -500.