Why do they cast historical figures who were white as African American?

Why do they cast historical figures who were white as African American?

Is it just to annoy racists? Seems like they are only playing into their hands, everyone knows Joan of Arc was white.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting
atlantablackstar.com/2016/06/07/history-channel-portrays-hannibal-as-black-white-people-cry-foul-over-historical-revisionism/#comments
youtu.be/KVjVU5FX-pI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its basically a sort of brainwashing/normalization for europeans. Its trying to convince them that not only are they going to be multicultural now and like it, but that Europe has always been that way.

I think it's easy to understand this.

America belongs to Amerindians the same as europe belongs to europeans.

Europe belongs to europeans the same as America belongs to Amerindians.

What are you trying to say?

Do you agree with european brethen living in America?

Let's be objective here. Whitewashing did happen. Blackwashing, which happens now, is exactly the same thing, and it is global because the American culture is global.

Sure, and nobody is questioning that she was white, but the whole point of acting is someone pretending to be someone else. If this black actress has a better interpretation of Joan of Arc than any of the white females that tried out for the role, why shouldn't she be selected for it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting

>Whitewashing did happen.
lol
>this black actress has a better interpretation of Joan of Arc than any of the white females that tried out for the role
do you actually believe that, or do you think it's more likely this is a simple diversity hire?

>Why do they cast historical figures who were white as African American?

It's cheaper than hiring white actors

>pic
Wrong analogy of genetics.
>race
No such thing.
>wiki link
Nope.

Who cares? Make a movie with a white Joan of Arc then

Nobody whines when white guys play Othello

But why do they also blackwash MENA history?

You and I both know that Christian Roman helmet is the worst part of this picture of Hannibal.

>Whitewashing did happen

At least they casted the most "exotic" looking whites to play non-white character. Add a little make-up and viola - they looked appropriate.

>Othello

Stop blackwashing MENA history. Moors were not niggers

>black can't be better actress
Now we all know what kind of board you browse.

Go back.

Why don't you complain about Czechs being portrayed by Irishmen in Anthropoid?

>first look at Condola Rashad in character as Joan of Arc
>in character
>doesnt show costume
>only extreme close upon actors emotionless face
wtf

>at least the whites were x
That's just an excuse of the same action.

Tell me something you actually believe.

>Chi Rho helmet

Because he is paranoid about some black men and women living near him. So he has to spam everything related to black people in this board.

Saint Paul in the upcoming Mary Magdalene movie

>No such thing.
So this is the power of &humanities

In 1997, Patrick Stewart starred as a white Otello in an otherwise all-black cast of Hamlet, in a race-bending performance where a white man enters a black society.

Nobody gave a fuck. No outcry from SJWs. No angry forum rants from white supremacists.

Why? Because society was not infested with this identity politics and millenial snowflake bullshit.

Blah blah blah

Everyone runs Othello as a black dude

And there were loads of black moors

Even before the battle of Tondibi where many Mandinka, Songhai, and Fulani scholars were kidnapped and brought to Morocco for their knowledge.

>Whitewashing did happen.
>lol

well it did, it happened a lot, thats what makes this new shtik so ridiculous, its either a massive troll or its done by people so incredibly braindead they dont even notice they are doing the same thing, or both

its sad realy, it just means these people are so uneducated and so low in mentality they just do not notice a problem, more than that they believe they are right

these are typical human patterns tho, theres nothing special about it

>complete retelling of a fictional story is the same as a real life historical figure being race changed for very clear identity politics propaganda
Yeah, tell me when everyone loves the new Martin Luther King movie starring Ryan Gosling.

Because I don't like black people, they're ugly and unsightly because of their ugly skin and their ugly black person faces. They are something other from me, I see and perceive nothing in common with them. White people look like me, black people look nothing like me. Even asians are closer to my image than blacks are.

>Lawrence of Arabia
>Not Arabic

It was out of control bro

Nobody cares bro, it's just a movie.

Race is not science. Sorry not sorry.

Great? Then fuck off and do something else. I'm not fond of whites and their jewish brethren but I don't whine about it all day.

>just a movie
no such thing, movies are a powerful medium to transmit ideas. There is a reason both communist and fascist regimes utilized them in the past, and why everyone on the political spectrum now uses them. You are either being intentionally dismissive in the hopes no one realizes this, or you are a fool.

Still blown away no one has made a movie about the Harlem hellfighters. No need to embellish anything, they were extremely accomplished and decorated soldiers in France. Why are they always trying to make famous white people from history black when there is literally famous black people from history they could be doing instead

>Then fuck off and do something else

Sure, as long as people stop trying to niggerwash and erase white people from my culture first.

>This level of gaslighting

Reminder that the BAFTA awards will start automatically disqualifying movies if they dont meet arbitrary diversity quotas

>Numidians played by niggers in HBO's Brittania

Stop stealing MENA history

WE
E

Because niggers would never watch it. See: the Tuskegee airmen movie

What is wrong with seeing black people in movies?
You just mentioned that all movies have political intentions and social consequences, so what's your political intention?

It literally hurt me as a descendant when he mentioned his numidian god was some Congolese myth. Fuck me.

Explain yourself

This
>Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.
Everything goes down the memory hole

>moving the goalpost, gas lighting, and being purposefully stupid
Its not about seeing people in black movies. No one is bitching about Will Smith or Denzel Washington ect playing roles. Its about blackwashing history for a very clear and obvious current political motive. Not only that, its revisionist history for a very clear political motive. You realize this, which is why you are now resorting to strawmanning after you "its not a big deal" excuse didnt work at all.

it may very well be humanities then

if you sincerely think there is no difference between an east asian genotype or/and phenotype to a west african one then you're either insane or lying to yourself

plus if race doesn't exist then why not get rid of racial quotas and "anti-racist" government policies?

Because, sadly, it is the least understood by the general public.

It’s changing the narrative of history to fit someone’s political agenda. History should always be above politics, but sadly most people can’t think that far

if they're just changing historical characters' races liberally then how come i haven't seen a black historical figure portrayed as white in a recent movie yet? where's the blonde blue eyed Cetshwayo or the ginger Thomas Sankara?

>politics
What kind of political and social changes are bad about having black people in those movies?

>if race
That's irrelevant, user. Race is not science, again.

It doesnt matter if its bad or good. It's whether the truth is represented, history isn't a fiction. Well, in meaning anyway.

Taking white history and culture away from white people by replacing white people in history with black people and pretending that white people don't have their own history and culture (unless the topic is something society frowns upon)?

kys

>enslave a bunch of black people
>let them dress like you because why not
>1000 years later a bunch of anglo-niggers LARP as your ancestors
JUST

Do black actors have no shame?

They actually believe that arabs stole north africa from them.

>Numidians
thats a legionary actually, even worse

Fuck off and stop whitewashing my people first

sad, to think that despite the larger number of white actresses the best one must have been black because reasons

makes me want to kms desu

Then why the butthurt about #oscarssowhite?

>it did, it happened a lot
oh yeah? Name one instance of it, you can't.

No it didn’t. Tell me 5 examples outside of John Wayne playing khan. .

Yep. Just read this article's comments

atlantablackstar.com/2016/06/07/history-channel-portrays-hannibal-as-black-white-people-cry-foul-over-historical-revisionism/#comments

>The ignorance that racism extolls, People want to make the arguement that the present population of Tunisia reflected the ancient people of Carthage, not true. The present North African population is mainly Arab and the Arab invasion came with the Islamic Jihads of the 7th and 8th Centuries, the present population does not reflect the makeup of the ancient city of Carthage because during the time of Hannabal the population was mainly African, and to this day there continues to be indegenous Black populations in these countries.

>north african population
>was mainly african

for fuck sake...

>atlantablackstar
That is a Black hole (no pun intended) but really we need to educate normies that North Africa wasn’t Black, that Carthage was Semitic, and that more indigenous White berbers exist in North Africa than indigenous Blacks.

that is such a broken way of thinking, user.
if it matters this much id suggest a different method other than sticking your head in the sand
why not try to define this, instead of saying it's not worth the time, clearly it is

LMAO look at this video they made

youtu.be/KVjVU5FX-pI

>atlantablackstar
I don't even need to read.

>no such thing
It’s one thing to say that supremacy is wrong but there are objectively substantial differences between races

But you just said that any movie has social and political repercusions. And that implies you agree with such political implications. Which political implications you support?
What kind of social repercusion makes it better for a movie to be about white Caesar instead of a blsck Caesar?

Tbf, the show has other issues aside from the black casting, but he was a particularly awful part.

Oh, it's another guy who misunderstands statistics.

Go cry me a river.

>Sorry not sorry.
>this is the post quality now accepted on Veeky Forums

I think it's actually pretty clear though. Race is not science. Not clear enough?

>difference between individuals demonstrate race
Yeah, the lactose intolerant race, the big nose race, the squatting race lol

Not an argument, sweetie.

So Michael Fassbender playing Martin Luther King would be fine, right? Hugh Jackman playing Obama or Patrick Stewart as Nelson Mandela?

cool strawman, it's obvious you have no idea what race is

>Not an argument, sweetie.
Sorry not sorry x

>strawman
It's up to race supporters to demonstrate race is science. Which it isn't. Race is pseudoscience.

Yes, it makes total sense now
thanks m8!

See

>difference between individual dogs demonstrate race

SeeYou're welcome.

The blacks, the arabs, the asians in that order nerd :^)

I was shitposting, why have I been dragged into this?

You’re on Veeky Forums/his/ every post is a shitpost

Honey, brainlets aren't allowed into this discussion. Go back to your shithole *drops mic*

Ceasar is a white historical figure that is important to white people.

sad

What kind of social repercusion makes it better for a movie to be about white Caesar instead of a blsck Caesar?

Hmm...

Oh that wasn't me. But movies can have such implications, by showing a truth previously not known to the general public or a different outlook on an event with equal counter view. Its not hard to stick to facts and have a message.

So you don't care about social and political repercusion provoked by a movie?

Isn't it obvious? It makes white people happy and creates a sense of community and belonging, which is important for white people too. A black caesar only creates a sense of otherness and social alienation.

Hmm...

Except the same can be said about black people living there.

hrrrmm..

Postmodern scum.

OP they are trying to undermine objective truth.