Why does the Texas Method have me 105% 5RM every friday? Its literally calling for 15 lb jumps

Why does the Texas Method have me 105% 5RM every friday? Its literally calling for 15 lb jumps.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/texas-method
sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=3.0)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because thats how gains are made.

Last week I was doing 1x5 330 now today I attempted 1x5 345 and only got two. Guess I should drop my 5rm down 5

Because your 5rm is 300 lb

How? Last week I did 330 for 5 decently
Am I retarded? What am I missing

Do not make jumps you can't do

Do 5 singles, do a 3rm to 5rm progression, just take 5lb jumps, whatever.

If you're trying to do a absolute 5rm each and every week you're on the wrong train. That goes for any program that isn't a peaking program for a meet, and even then 90-95% would rarely get touched.

You are calculating your %ages wrong then.

Texas Method is hard as fuck and if you over estimate your strength, you're gonna fail hard.

Rip is on record saying that the Texas method is too fucking hard for most people. If you can't handle it, do the split routine found in Practical Programming.

Do 5 singles equal just the same amount of strength as if I did just 5 straight reps? If thats the case I can do this program no problem

Then you should be jumping 16.5 lb, lazy

because the texas method is for people with athletic genetics who intend to compete

very unlikely that that's you

TM isnt for GDEs. If you are GDE than do lower/upper 4 times a week split

TM is only for chads. You arent chad.

I wait 10-15 seconds between reps for deadlift. 5 straight reps is just too fucking hard.

It'snit the same thing

Is this fucking bait?
Everyone in this thread is a fucking idiot.
That's not how the TM works you bunch of moronic dyels. Respond to me so I can educate you op.

Hi

Tbh I think overestimated my 5RM . I'll be okay

Ok but you are still calculating it completely wrong. You never do 105% of your 5rm. That's not how it works at all. Where the fuck did you get your info from. Post a pic or source. Chances are your shit is all fucked up.

No.

What I'm saying is this: If you are dead set on doing a 15lb jump, then you have little chance of increasing your 1*5 weight every week. This might work for 2-3 weeks if you lowball your starting weight but once the intensity is high enough you're screwed.

One method Lacsek (sp?) noted in his TM books was to do a 185 until stall, then triples, doubles, then singles, and eventually cycling back to a new 1*5. This is not a out there method; if you working on the neural end of things and getting that better then once you cycle back to a 1*5 you should be stronger, assuming you have a proper volume dose/recovery.

The idea is that anything rep-wise above the 85-90% range will cause a lot of fatigue, and if you go balls out on that week in/out plus not going for peaking then you will eventually reach the point of negative gains. It should be noted that Pendlay's use of TM and the 1*5 fits better because O-lifters tend to go for higher percentages in training.

Heres a comparison of this weeks volume (monday) and intensity (friday) its from the Texas Method App

That better be Monday and yes that's correct so where the fuck did you get the idea you squared 105% from? All you need to do is add +5lbs to the previous Friday's 5rm. It's that simple. Then re calculate for Monday if you get it otherwise stick with that and repeat.

Wrong. Who the tuck makes that app cause it's wrong. That's at least 15lbs heavier than last Friday if you're squatting in the 3s. Obviously that's fucking wrong dude it's impossible to add 15lbs in 1 fucking week.

Thats what I figured . Shit

I'll add on with yet another viable strategy. You might want to decouple volume & intensity if you're planning on running this for some time. Up the volume until it's nice & tough while pushing with as much speed on the intensity reps (which are staying at the same weight). Then up the intensity weight until that stalls. Rinse, repeat

you should be adding 5lbs each week

Yes
No this is fucking stupid. Stop thinking you know more than rip. Just do the fucking program the way it is Jesus Christ.

Rip is a dumbass and has coached exactly zero (0) champions in his career.

First post your body
Second explain how rips a dumbass
Third realize that unless your athletes use massive anounts of gear they obviously won't win.

So 5 lb increase every friday, and keep the volume day to 90% of 5rm and recovery to 80-90?

>recommends dangerous and dumb form, extremely poor for long term athletic development
>programs are similarly poorly managed barebones programs, way too low in volume and poor in terms of correcting and improving mechanical function, low volume and tendency to push to or near failure also enforces poor neural adaptions of mechanics and incurs unnecessary fatigue
>one can absolutely create many a drug free champion (pic related), the recipe for this is patience, long term planning and well-managed programming, rippetoe runs his athletes into the ground and completely disregards them ever having a future in strength sports
Starting Strength is a good program to run for beginners precisely because it is so simple, this should only be used for a short period of time. One could possibly run the Texas method for a short amount of time following this, if one desired to squeeze out the last few weeks of linear progress, but one should get on a real program as soon as possible, so as to start developing good habits and plan for long term progression.

Recovery 70-80* sorry

So I did ICF 5x5 to start now im Texas method for a few months. What do you recommend next? My lifts are already decent

Wrong it is 80-90.
Jesus just read
t-nation.com/training/texas-method
That's from rip himself just look at the days for what to do.
Nice job not posting body. Now please give us an example of a better one then.

I recommend you join a powerlifting club and get a coach.

If this is not possible, find an appropriate sheiko (use this to determine sheiko-program.ru/forum/index.php?topic=3.0) program and consider signing up for online coaching.

>recommends dangerous and dumb form, extremely poor for long term athletic development
Which is why it's the preferred form in powerlifting.
>programs are similarly poorly managed barebones programs, way too low in volume and poor in terms of correcting and improving mechanical function, low volume and tendency to push to or near failure also enforces poor neural adaptions of mechanics and incurs unnecessary fatigue
Accumulating fatigue is one of the most important driving factors for strength and hypertrophy. Overall Volume being the other one. All of Rips programs are supposed to be sustained for a couple of months at best. Just because people don't read the fucking book, doesn't mean he's a bad coach.
>one can absolutely create many a drug free champion (pic related), the recipe for this is patience, long term planning and well-managed programming, rippetoe runs his athletes into the ground and completely disregards them ever having a future in strength sports
Kinda agree with this one. From what I've heard from Rip, he's a good strength coach as long as his subject fits his program but he refuses to change his programs based on his athletes individual differences and insists that the subject is doing something wrong. With a mind set like that you'll never make champions.

That being said, his programs are still good for the general public because they're cookie cutter programs, very basic and easy to comply to. If you feel like paying thousands of bucks for a coach to get a specially tailored program that is going to probably give you more gains, then do just that. For most beginners and intermediates, cookie cutter programs such as SS and TM are just fine if you're a recreational lifter and don't intend to compete. Throw in some isolations and volume work for upper body muscles and you can get strong and aesthetic.

One of the reccomendations for texas method is that if you start failing the 1x5, you can instead do 2x3, then 3x2, and finally 5x1. Texas method is fucking brutal. Its not something you fit into your life. You fit your life around it.

>Which is why it's the preferred form in powerlifting.
Wrong, I'm specifically coming at this from a powerlifting perspective.
>Accumulating fatigue is one of the most important driving factors for strength and hypertrophy. Overall Volume being the other one.
But his programs have LOW volume AND poor fatigue management, compare to Sheiko or just any sort of Soviet-era weightlifting programs.
>All of Rips programs are supposed to be sustained for a couple of months at best. Just because people don't read the fucking book, doesn't mean he's a bad coach.
This is true, this isn't really his fault.
>From what I've heard from Rip, he's a good strength coach as long as his subject fits his program but he refuses to change his programs based on his athletes individual differences and insists that the subject is doing something wrong
THIS however makes him a bad coach! He ruins athletes and only produces guys that get moderately strong simply from bashing their head against the wall long enough.

There are also better options for cookie cutter programming, like Sheiko (best guided, but works alone also).

Aren't Sheiko's programs always very high volume and require a lot of time in the gym with high frequency in the gym? Call me a pussy or whatever, but I don't really want to invest that amount of time. Spending 3 evenings a week for 1 hour in the gym and getting stronger and bigger is enough for me. I don't really want to compete on any level, and I doubt most people want. But I see where you're coming from. If you're enjoying it, it's time well spent.

Show me where it says that cause that's a 100% lie. Cite a source you moron.
Sheiko is usually an advanced program. TM is for intermediates.

Sheiko isn't even a single program. There are many different programs that are all set up uniquely with many different lifts throughout the cycles. There are Sheiko programs going from novice over intermediate up to advanced and world class lifters.

Ya I know but no one really he's into them until you start getting very serious about training cause gains have stalled. I've never heard of a novice running a sheiko program ever.

Just because almost nobody does it, doesn't mean you can't do it. To be fair, most novices and intermediates are too lazy to even read Starting Strength or Practical Programing, so you can't really expect them to search for programs from some Russian dude they never even heard of. You can though if you're motivated enough.

I'm just here to say lowbar squats are better for overall athletic development than highbar squats.

rip isnt pl coach lamo

>Do 5 singles equal just the same amount of strength as if I did just 5 straight reps?

On the deadlift, this doesn't matter as long as you keep the singles within 30 seconds each rep.

The deadlift begins with a pen unloaded dead stop so rapid singles and reps are not that different.

Other lifts like squats and presses are designed to be done for reps before placing the bar back on the rack.

>30 seconds each rep.
If you wait more then 5 seconds between each rep you are doing singles

Justin Lascek - Texas Method Part I
page 25, figure 3.4

Unless you like to believe that some infographic is the tablets of Commandments with regard to a program, then if an adjustment gets someone stronger it's served its purpose

clusters can be one hell of a tool, but I actually lift less weight for a cluster than just repping it out

>tfw deadlift max is only 10kg more than 5rm

pussy

and no, a normal sheiko day takes around 2 hours, 3 if you are a big guy and need more rest or if you are a social bitch... so is not THAT bad

raffy post the new dietmeme weeks I know you're in here

Well, if you havent yet figured it out how the program works and adjusted to your strenght/necesities then by all means rely on your retard strenght dude.