Is it me or does a quick pick give you the most retarded numbers always

Is it me or does a quick pick give you the most retarded numbers always

>$2 powerball
>$2 megaball

They just keep raising the prices.

is it me or is any set of numbers exactly the same
why are you throwing your money away anyway user

Can confirm, buy about 1 ticket a week for lotto 6/49 for a friend and they are the most retarded numbers printed off if not manually selected. Had one one time was like X Y 6 7 8 9 Z
like, the actual fuck....

>most retarded numbers

I don't think you understand how the drawing works.

I needed to break a hundred to buy some cocaine

>2017
>Relying on a computer to generate randomness

You're better off with an random number generator on your phone.

Although the odds of you winning a powerball ticket is so much lower, you should look at better odds / lower payout games. Florida has a $1 'Fantasy 5' where the odds are 1:350,000 vs Powerball is $2 and has the odds of 1:300,000,000

Because of the power play option

Paying your math tax, I see. Good goy.
>You're better off with an random number generator on your phone.
Literally the same thing, you idiot.

Can't believe it took this many posts for someone to say this!

it literally doesnt matter what the numbers are. 123456 has just as much chance as any combination of them

Random number generator is a good trick. Thanks user. Going to download one now and try tomorrow. I knew the numbers the machine picked were fucking unnaturally stupid.

When in history has the power ball numbers ever been 123456?

>people are dumb enough to buy lottery tickets

I forgot this was biz

When in history have the numbers ever been some random shit you pull out of your ass? Learn probability dude.

01 01 01 01 01 01 has the same probability of being picked as any other combination.

Current powerball jackpot is ~$40,000,000 (we'll ignore taxes and other things)
The drawing is five balls that go up to 69 and the powerball that goes up to 26
> (69^5)*26 = 40,664,815,074

So any drawing, no matter what combination, has 1 in 40,664,815,074 chance of winning. The cost of each ticket is $2.00. What that means is you would need to buy 40,664,815,074 tickets to guarantee a winner which will cost you $81,329,630,148 to win ~$40,000,000 which equals a return on investment of:
>40,000,000/81,329,630,148 = ~0.0005

That's a return of .05 cents for every dollar you spend. Lottery is a tax on the mathematically challenged.

the numbers have to be distinct, so your math is wrong and your example ticket has 0% chance of winning. the total number of different ticket number sets is (69 choose 5)*26

the powerplay option is more of a sucker's bet than the powerball itself. if you have a lotto addiction you're better off doing the daily pick three.

people who buy lottery tickets are either dumb, lazy, or both

>playing the lottery

>I don't expect to win, I only do it for fun!

>lottery
>doesn't understand how probability works
the absolute state of Veeky Forums

Yeah I obviously don't play lottery and am not familiar with the exact rules but the point still stands:
>69*68*67*66*65*26 = 35,064,160,560
>35864160560*2 = 70,128,321,120
>40,000,000/70128321120= ~0.00057

I rarely play the lotto but I do it because the risk reward of huge. If by 1 in 60mlion u somehow get lucky well senpai nothing else will make me that rich.

I believe in the dream because my grandfather brother won the lottery 10 years a go which was 30million aud, he invested wisely in real state and his family is rich af.
I won't be getting any of that tho

he's right, the odds are identical either way

It's the same chances of winning as picking 1,2,3,4,5,6. But normies think those are shitty numbers

You can say the same for millions of other combinations

Do you know how many possible combinations have never been seen in powerball?

Anyone who plays the lottery is a retard but technically you would want to choose the combination that is the least likely to be chosen by any other player so you don't split the winnings. I wonder what strategy would work best. Hardware RNG? Definitely want to avoid any combination derived from a date (since a lot of people pick birthdays).