Cooking Thread

>diet is the most important
>abs are made in the kitchen not the gym user :^)

But i never see a cooking thread, so here it is.

By all means share Veeky Forums recipes, but more importantly, share techniques that have allowed you to cook quickly with nice tasting, Veeky Forums friendly food.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/5nbmA
authoritynutrition.com/101-healthy-low-carb-recipes/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I eat entire heads of romaine and have consumed enough cottage cheese out of the container to fund the dairy industry.

Cooking takes time.

>cooking when you can just hunt a beast and eat it right there

I don't like cooking anything that takes much time.

eggs
potatoes
vegetables
chili
pasta
shakes
salmon

Tips for preparing meals?

Veeky Forums food album (87 images)

pic related is my favorite from the list: easy, pretty cheap and tastes amazing

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

Chicken, turkey, hake, bacon, green beans, green peas, corn, eggs, potatoes, brown rice, salad, oats, lentils, maple syrup, gouda, emmental, maasdam, strawberries, bananas, tangerines, kiwis.

My life right there, in different combinations.

Learned how to better handle a kitchen knife by watching ramsey on youtube
Also learned how to cut onions broccoli and garlic. Which are basically nearly all of the veggies I eat anyway.
Learned a few chinese recipees and ways to better prepare chicken.
Know how to make mayo and ketchup.
Going to look into adding more moomeat into my diet and learning how to better prepare it.
Need that protein and cholesterol.

>bags of frozen veggies
>poaching them in a pan with lid
>with or w/o chicken stripes

my kind of cooking

oh and stew

How do you prepare them tho? Anyone can name shit.

>share techniques that have allowed you to cook quickly with nice tasting, Veeky Forums friendly food.
Be organized, know exactly what you are going to do and use ahead of time. I can very easily make a quiche from scratch in an hour, most of that time is leaving it in the oven while you do something else.

You also need a good kitchen knife. Quality lasts, but a cheap but good option are Ikea knives.

my hairline isnty receeding and hair on top snd back is fine, but my hair is a lot thinner on the sides and if its messed up you can see bits of my scalp. Anyone else have this and is it worth going to the doctors?

>Chicken, turkey, hake, bacon, green beans, green peas, corn, eggs, potatoes, brown rice, salad, oats, lentils, maple syrup, gouda, emmental, maasdam, strawberries, bananas, tangerines, kiwis.
>My life right there, in different combinations.

Guess I'll share a few of mine that I've been making. I've never measured shit or written any of this down so bear with me.

"Mexican" brown rice with beans:
>2 onions
>2 cloves garlic (optional, but I put garlic in literally everything, I love that shit)
>1 red bell pepper
>1 green bell pepper (substitute 2-3 jalepenos on occasion to make asshole burn)
>1 1lb bag brown rice
>1 32 oz carton of reduced sodium chicken broth
>1 10 oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chiles
>2 15 oz cans of black beans, drained.
>Tony Cachere's, coarse ground black pepper, cumin
Preparation:
>Dice onions
>Take large skillet w/ lid, pic related and melt ~1 tbs of butter over medium heat (I usually just used this skillet to grill some chicken breasts)
>Add onions to pan to brown, stir occasionally
>Chop peppers
>Once onions are browned but not caramelized add peppers, rice, chicken broth, ~1 tbs each of coarse ground black pepper, Tonys, and ground cumin then stir before covering w/ lid.
Usually I let it sit for a while and just check on it occasionally, I either work on dishes for a while or work on some other food I'm cooking.
>Once rice is starting to show, add can of rotel and return to stirring occasionally but keep covered
>If bottom rice start burning cause I cooked the broth off too fast I add some water, never more than 1/2 a cup though
>Once rice is nearly done I taste and add additional seasonings as required. Then add black beans, turn heat low, and stir frequently.
>It's done once beans are hot and desired seasoning is achieved.

Makes a shit ton of servings and it's not the prettiest dish, but it's mostly healthy carbs and veggies that tastes decent. Have it with grilled chicken and some other cruciferous vegetable.

>pic related no image

Roasted Garlic with Brussels Sprouts and pepper:
>1 stalk Brussels Sprouts
>4-6 cloves garlic depending on size
>Salt, Course ground black pepper, olive oil
Preparation:
>Pull Brussels sprouts, trim, wash, and then halve.
>Start preheating oven to 370 degrees
>Add sprouts to large mixing bowl, followed by olive oil, minced garlic, salt and pepper. (You may have to split this step up and only do some at a time depending on size of sprouts and mixing bowl.)
>Toss until sprouts are evenly covered, then spread sprouts over large baking sheet.
>Once oven is preheated, place sheet in middle rack and roast for about 25 minutes or until outer leaves are starting to brown.

You're probably noticing a garlic and pepper trend, that's cause I use it in literally everything I cook. Original recipe had brown sugar instead of garlic.

>buy food you want to eat
>have a good cutting board
>have an even better knife
>have 2 knives, actually. A bigger chopper type knife and a small nimble blade
>Cut up the food
>cook the food

BBQ Pulled Chicken, i make this for 5 lunches/week, just throw it in tupperware in the fridge, do all the prep sunday

3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
1 yellow onion
1 tbsp coconut oil (any oil works)
1 bottle Stubb's Spicy BBQ sauce (pick any sauce u like)
salt/pepper & paprika

>preheat oven to 325
>place dutch oven (or anything large enough to fit 4 lbs of chicken and go in the oven) on stove, medium heat
>dice the onion, add oil to pan, add onion & salt until caramelized
>add paprika then all the chicken
>season with salt & pepper to taste (i use a lot)
>pour bbq sauce out over chicken
>place in oven for 90 minutes
>remove, move cooked chicken to large bowl with a slotted spoon (or regular if u dont have)
>place dutch oven with sauce on stove on low-med heat
>shred chicken with two forks or a blender if you have one
>once shredded, pour remaining sauce over chicken & mix it up to coat evenly
>divide evenly into 5 containers, refrigerate or serve immediately

with ingredients i use its 500 kcal, 16g fat, 22g carbs, 71g protein per serving (makes 5)

Here's one of my favorites

>3 oz salmon
>2 eggs
>1 paprika

Slow cooker. Low and slow.

Chicken thighs (3lb bag boneless skinless if lazy) take 6-7 hours if defrosted. Pour in some sauce or season it. Add a couple bags of frozen veggies in the last 2 hours or so. Serve over rice.

Freeze or fridge leftovers.

You can pick other meats, experiment with sauces, and mix up the veggies for variety. With a decent size slow cooker and rice cooker you can prep 5-10 meals at a time. Shit's easy.

authoritynutrition.com/101-healthy-low-carb-recipes/

saw this today and thought it was pretty good

I make a salad for lunch most days that's just:

a bowl filled with kale
quinoa
shredded carrot
1/4 diced bell pepper
some diced cucumber
a small handful of whatever berries or fruit are in season
walnuts
a hard boiled egg

Then I use either Italian Dressing or basalmic vinegar and olive oil on it. It's super filling.

It's super easy if you use a rice cooker for the quinoa and make enough salads for the week.

Fucking this, cooking was always such a chore for me until I got a proper set of kitchen knives, now I can't leave them alone.