Alright, this exercise is a piece of crap and I don't want Medhi in here shilling for it...

Alright, this exercise is a piece of crap and I don't want Medhi in here shilling for it. You waste so much energy on keeping your form instead of actually working out your muscles.

What's a good alternative?

Just normal rows

Cable rows?
I fucking love cable rows

Always remember WWCD (what would chad do)
Chad would do DB rows

The point is to have your hamstrings tight so you basically stay in place.

It's fucking ez

regular strict barbell rows

pendlay rows are a meme

What kind of handle do you use?

Any chest supported row.

Dumbbell rows

Or the GOAT T bar rows

I want to buy a Bench exclusively to seal barbell row.

Goat horizontal pulling exercise

That's the fun part, you can switch it up.
I usually start off with the V bar with higher weight.
I bump it down maybe a plate or two and do sets with the rope attachment.
I fucking love using the single handle and doing unilateral cable rows

This. Keeping back tight is part of lift, which is why it's a compound lift.

ITT: baby erectors

DB rows, chest supported rows, cable row variants

i pull 575, i still think pendlay rows are meme garbage

if you want to train back disregard barbell purism and use whatever tools bodybuilders use desu

Yeah except hamstrings are fucking exhausted from squats and deadlifts if you're doing SL properly.

>he thinks bitches care about spinal erectors
>OH YESSS BABY LOOK AT THOSE SPINAL ERECTORS HNNNNNGGGGGG
Delusional

OP here, good suggestions.

Any advice on t-bar rows in a home gym? I use my garage. Too frugal to waste money on a proper gym membership.

Medhi pls go.

Is incline a meme? Is flat the best?

idk man try both see which one you like

try seal rows, t-bar rows, lever rows, lever rows on a machine, try anything that looks like it may work your back in a rowing motion and find what you like

Solid advice.

I'll give you a fun fact.

You do squat bench and Rows on the same day.

You do squat OHP and DL on the other day.

I think OP didn't understand Pendlay Row is supposed to be an explosive exercise, hence why it's used as a still poor substitute for Power Cleans.

You are not supposed to control the ascent or descent of the bar slow as you do e.g. in bench press, you explode it upwards and then reset it down.

1 arm dumb bell rows with a bench. Candito recommends these because of the reasons your stated. Bent over rows are retarded, you spent all effort trying to fix you back position in space. It moves because it has not support and you lose ROM for lay engagement.

Just do normal flat bench DB rows. Way better.

When you finally stop deadlifting baby weights, you'll understand that it takes you more than two days to recover.

what said.
you don't do anything after deadlift. you go home - workout's over.

if it's your squat and bench day, you do back extensions and chinups after that before going home!

if you think i'm crazy, you'll reconsider when all your lifts stall due to lack of recovery.