How does Veeky Forums feel about the use of psychedelics to enhance your mental performance in day to day life by...

How does Veeky Forums feel about the use of psychedelics to enhance your mental performance in day to day life by coming to terms of all the weaknesses and defeats you carry everyday?

Other urls found in this thread:

afterlife.coach/after-life-blog/2017/3/4/why-i-quit-ayahuasca-shamanism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think they can definitely help people develop themselves, but only if used in the correct way. Fucking with your brain shouldn't be taken as lightly as many psychonauts take it.

psychedelics give you a false sense of being free. ask people who become addicted to LSD and feel like they're creatively useless when sober. it's a pretty great placebo.

>be me
> eat and snort and smoke every drug that I can find
>think I'm "expanding my mind" and learning about what consciousness is capable of the whole time
>barely survive
>couple years later
>severe anxiety
>overanalyze everything
>very strange negative perspective on life
>somehow manage to still come off as relatively normie but don't quite fit in anywhere
Drugs are great guys, do lots of them!

The last few times I tripped acid (been over a year since) my focus was on my insecurities. I realized I have heavy anxiety and depression and the way I feel is not how a normal person feels. I got a strong feeling that my workmates tolerate me rather than like me, and that there is good reason I have no real friends.
I was forced to confront the fact that everything I have been trying to be, is delusion. Pathetic, laughable delusion. I will never be the strong, capable, respected man I desire to be. Actions are what counts, not intentions. I have not made any action. Ever. I am stuck on a hamster wheel. Real men dont think the way I do. I realized I cannot make myself in to something, it is a combination of being born into it and raised in it. Strong men were raised by strong fathers. They dont spend their time in a weight room building a smoke and mirrors ideal of a man. I have never honed a talent. Never dedicated myself fully to something. Never faced oberwhelming odds and won. Never so much as been in a fight.

I am a pathetic loser who has spent his entire life trying to not be a pathetic loser, and is now one third of the way through his life, with his status as a loser firmly cemented, unchangeable.

Thanks acid, at least I could pretend otherwise beforehand. Psychedelics shove the truth down your throat whether you like it or not. I dont do any drugs at all anymore, its too real and too scary.

I think it's annoying how "introspective" and "self-developing" psychedelics must be before they can be considered spiritual.

If I want to go to the beach, I can call up some friends, make some preparations and then I can have a day of enjoying the beach, swimming in the ocean and playing in the sand. I don't have to meditate in the sea and become aware of all the fish within the 20 mile radius before I can appreciate the beach. I think it's the same way with LSD: you prepare, you experience it, it fades and you had a good time. It's spiritual the same way the ocean is wet (I imagine - this is a fictional post on the Christian website, Veeky Forums)!

You have never done any of this, ever, have you.

Are there psychadelics that can cause a long term change in mentality or personality without constant use?

Vaguely recall reading something about shrooms causing subtle personality changes that would last half a year or more after one use. Never got to whether the changes were more for better or worse.

Psychedelics are interesting. Somebody might get interested in things that they weren't interested in before. They also might have something bad happen to them during a trip which is extra bad when they're on drugs.

I don't think there's been any research into the biochemical effects of these drugs. You'd have to make an assumption one way or the other on whether or not the chemical itself can cause any kind of changes.

anyone low-dose LSD for productivity/creativity?

PROTIP: Taking too many drugs is a bad thing that can happen when you're on drugs.

I was experiencing a return of my depression symptoms last year. Took 3g of cubensis and felt the happiest I've ever been, both during and after the trip. I feel like my anhedonia was just lifted away.

I later did 5g and 4g, 1 month apart. Haven't felt depressed since and I feel more open to experience and interaction with others.

First trip was in July.

>>very strange negative perspective on life
what kind of perspective user? im interested

>very strange negative perspective on life

Like /pol/?

Psychedelics interest me but they also scare me.

For example, LSD is known to me to be pretty harmless, but you always know about THAT DUDE. In my uni, some guy did LSD and decided peeling his skin off was a good idea. Another guy in the graduation party doing "some stuff", going full out in the party and never recovering mentally.

Well, maybe do something for a change?

>the right wing nuts are the depressed ones
When will this meme end

Steer clear from LSD if you're not gonna buy it from a good source, test it and have an idea of actually how much lsd is in the tab.

I always recommend mushrooms. No one is gonna sell you champignons dipped in NBOMe.

>/pol/ is the right wing

Don't ever tell me that a 4channer who is consistently calling women sluts, worrying about the new world order and chem trails isn't depressed.

I used to really like them. Now they just bring up bad feelings.

Mental illness is the worst man

Once you get the message, hang up the phone.

That's your fault. No one can live your life for you.

>People don't know that there are multiple type of horrible drugs that can be placed on TABs.

Did he even test it?

That's how I feel about ayahuasca some days. Some days I want to go back to the void/source, but at the same time I already got the message.

Holy shit, are you me?

and you're still a loser because you can't confront the message you got from them.

You need to act. Stop running, "it's too real and too scary" is bullshit. You know you're insecure but to afraid to even act on it. It doesn't mean you sink further.
If you're drowning then should you allow yourself to keep going? Even if it is harder to swim up?

DMT

>addicted to LSD

It's just an illusion, they do nothing good.

I love watts and you for quoting watts

Same here guys, I am actually surprised I have made it through my teenager years? Also when I think back about it, I don't feel like it was me?
I dont know, those memories are just weird and blurred out. Also that was the time I left my girlfriend for no reason, which I regret to these days.
I remember to this day, when we were doing some acid and I saw her standing on some uphill road, with her hairs waving, kind of van Gogh painting.
Okay it needs to stop

they're fun and nice to help you develop and reflect on some problems in your life. i regret taking them though cus i was a retarded and dropped acid and took 4-aco-met when i was 15

a proper DMT trip is known to premanently rewire brain in many cases

Mushies changed my life for the better. Im too scared to take them anymore. They scar your soul for life.

Someone who knows what theyre talking about.

Drugs did the same for me, only i did not come to the realisations you have. I did have a strong father to rase me into a "true man", but my problem is that i am a complete degenerate. The things that i think of and that cross my mind and the way that my mind works is absolutely disgusting. And only when im on drugs to i fully realise that. I have to hide my true self from other people because even i am disgusted by myself. Ofcourse there are a lot of good aspects that i have, but if someone was to step into my head and see the shit that happens, im 100% sure they would either feel sorry for me or want to kill me for being a freak.
Thats why i am a 21 yearold chad looking virgin.

Try DMT and you'll most likely have a different perspective about life and death and whats real and whats not.
I know it did that to me.

>addiction to LSD
>placebo

U wot m80

i smoke a bowl of weed every morning and it makes me super productive and creative. I shower and brush my teeth after and nobody is none the wiser

Shrooms are amazing. When I tripped LSD for the first time, it was really fun and i had a great time. But when I tripped shrooms it was a completely different trip. Me and my buddies all took an 1/8th and walked around campus. My friend was literally in tears because he just couldn't take in everything at once. He said it was the most beautiful experience of his entire life, and I'd have to agree. We sat on the same park bench just watching the sun slowly set for hours. Shrooms also made me completely forget about my insecurities when I was tripping. I'm very insecure about my body and appearance and had realized throughout the entire trip I had literally zero concern for the way I looked. Shrooms shatter your ego in the most beautiful way possible.

The scary fucking thing is that we are one here,you just fucking described me and I know I dont work like the rest of men but it must have it perks,you cant give up like this man you sound depressed

I am not going to say that you can't improve yourself through them but most of the people who I have talked about the subject think that being on psychedelics make your thoughts somehow more valuable and deep. These people seem to think that their basic philosophy 101 thought is some great fucking discovery just because they are tripping.

Maybe this article will help some of you guys who took psychadellics way too young.

Honestly, people shouldn't be touching the shit till they're like 23-25+ years old.

At 25 is when your brain has fully developed.

afterlife.coach/after-life-blog/2017/3/4/why-i-quit-ayahuasca-shamanism