Alright Veeky Forums its story time lets hear your greatest crypto feats and greatest blunders

Alright Veeky Forums its story time lets hear your greatest crypto feats and greatest blunders.
>be Veeky Forums fag since 8th grade
>hear about mining bitcoins when they were first out
>retard sheep like me believes hype and wastes time mining bitcoins thinking im going to be rich
>on and off mining results in about 5 bitcoins
>senior year of highschool start to have a brain and realize bitcoin is probably stupid and sell them all
I made a lot but not enough to buy a lambo on the moon and my parents made fun of me and got mad so much for being an idiot wasting money on high electricity bills on the damn process.
biggest blunder was that I didn't take the whole thing seriously if i were older at the time and not retarded I could be retired by now.

I bought neo when it was ans. I sold all my ltc at 45.

Got in on a couple ICOs back in feb
Stuck holding some phat bags and stuck with some heavier juanz

Sold 30 eth at $50 hsd just gor fired and needed cash

Also, friend bought ayahuasca//DMT off SR back early'ish on (I think he paid ~$150 for like 11.5 btc or something, idk foggy memory, clearly)

shortly after we'd graduated highschool and were all (a small'ish group of friends) renting out an apartment to smoke weed at. He got fukt up and rationed it out for a while as it was a bit of a spiritual experience
we had all fucked around with potent ass salvia for a while before that a few times too

Was too much of a stoner to pay mind to BTC/crypto, even though I understood what it was//how it worked (fundamentally) and even got a cheque for ~3k (CAD - leaflet here) around the time
even understood the 'current global economic state' (relatively speaking - not the hard #s and how shit actually works, but that fiat and central banks are broken//don't work and we are all debt slaves (for most part)) - lightly redpilled/just beginning to be.

spent it on ~$1k of weed and a ~$2k computer for vidya gamez (that I don't play anymore, lol)

Damn, I could rich AF if I paid attention... Try not to think about it so much... Lmfao, that's actually my main motivation to get in initially back in Jan, lol...
I remembered Mt Gox and how it peaked and I had caught wind that BTC was approaching new ATHs, then I head about ETH
Loving it now, but damn, life could be /comfy/

hindsight is a bitch....

Greatest crypto feat was putting $2,000 into xrp at $.006 and. Greatest blunder was committing to buying 100 bitcoin for $3 a piece, then thinking "Wait a minute. I'm going to spend $300 on this new digital currency fad? There's no chance this will last." Smoked a bong, and forgot about it for 5 years. Of course I would've sold long before $6k, it still hurts because I probably then would've gotten into eth/crypto as a whole a lot sooner.

Still I've cashed out around $40k so I'm very happy.

They say cocaine is a helluva drug... But the bong will make you do some stupid fuckin shit..... (as I sit here and smoke one more before bed...)

>looked up bitcoin because I was interested in making money and it was hovering around 1k then, but almost no news about unless you did your homework with it
>had connections to my HS's black market (used to sell homework for cash) and apparently bitcoin was hot commodity
>silk road got busted
>mtgox shut down and hopped with the coins
>bitcoin down to sub 200s, I think litecoin was $3 for a coin then
>biz used to be a bunch of stock market fags and a bunch of other various threads like precious metals/oil threads/stock markets/self-employment threads
>bought a couple at ~220 from coinbase and forgot about it, did a bunch of faucets then and had 0.2 btc in xapo wallet and forgot about that too
>fast forward to present, senior in uni
>apparently btc is hot commodity (again) and the normies+msm are all over this shit
>open up coinbase and xapo, register on bittrex and dumped all my btc at 6k
>already a six figure net worth individual that never seen a paycheck in his life
>biz is now just shilling whatever shitcoin they want to dump their bags on and only one thread that pertains to stocks

Shame I didn't jump on the ETH boat as well back when biz anons were mining them in the early day. I think they were around $25 when I lurked the thread then.

>the thread

I meant the board.

>have shitton of graphics cards from my jewtube review channel
>hear about cryptos
>google bitcoin gpu mining
>not viable, the chinks took over with ASICs
>find out about money skeleton
>read the autistic slavs philosophy
>start mining ETH in the Alps near a power station for cheap electricity
>start buying ETH at $9-13, accumulate 3500 ETH from jewtube money
>find Veeky Forums, ETH being shitted on just like LINK today
>Sell a few at ATL because of Veeky Forums FUD
>hand over mine operation to little brother still in high school, pay him 500 yurobucks a month to oversee everything
>keep jewtubing

>ETH starts mooning
>Sell some more at 50 yurobucks
>give little brother the money
>money skelly announces collaboration with team of schlomos
>ETH moons hard
>Little brother tells whole family Im a multi-millionaire
>Whole family wants gibs
>Dad I used to look up to also wants gibs
>Roasties hitting on me left right and center
>Consider buying BTC at 2400 since I figured ETH was going to crash anytime
>Try hiding my power level and moving to the city

>buy 120 BTC for $700
My triumph
>Lost 39 BTC to satoshidice
My failure

>move to city
>little brother comes along
>culture schocked because its full of brown people and pakis
>continue to jewtube while keeping a low profile
>BTC moons
>Make more €€€
>when bored, buy altcoins and dump them on Veeky Forums gibs thread
>Fall for the LINK scam
and here I am now

When did you cash out?
Talking about that xrp

>bought sia coin before it's big rally to 2 cents
>didn't sell, now it's back down where I originally bought
I still believe in the project, concept, and team. Just wish I had more money to put into it now that it's cheap again.

>Heard of bitcoin in 2009
>Decided it was too much effort to mine
>Played Minecraft beta instead

Another
>Read up on Eth during icon
>Committed to investing a few thousand
>Ask about it on /g/
>Some user replied it was a scam
>Bought a new computer instead

>that subtle LINK shilling
Fuck off

>start with 5k
>turn it into 25k
>i'm a genius
>start margin trading
>rekt and lose it all

>max out 8k on credit card
>double profit
>im a genius
>lose it all on margin trading

>take out 35k loan
>still making nothing

>start margin trading
>lose it all on margin trading

found your problem, desu

>had 6k ethereum, sold at 0.01, lost 80% of 60 btc shorting margin shitcoins on poloniex. now have 12 btc
i started with 15 btc a couple years ago. im so fucking sad desu desu

Greatest blunder was selling around 2000 ETH for 12 dollars in February like 1 month before the huge breakout this year.

Greatest feat was buying 1.6 million NEM at 650 sats and selling them for 12800. Also rode 400k XRP from 3650 sats to 11000

aye, i can comfortably trade without margin. I've got 130eth now - only im stuck holding a trade on margin.