Why don't world governments just buy all the bitcoin?

Ya buy all the bitcoin and burn it. As Stalin said "No man, no problem". No bitcoin, no problem. Alts would never recover and digital currency would be finished for good. The nation's could come together as one to push the button all at once to send the bitcoins to an unaccessible address. Forever gone.

>Paying 100B to destroy a stupid imaginary monopoly money system
honestly I wouldn't be surprised if a government tried this.

Paying billions to neets and those who hold instead of asking will become instant billionaires.

Wouldn't it be easier to ban all cryptocurrency?
Wait till crypto bubble bursts from the bloodbath they will pass legislation to ban crypto and they will have the support of the normies.
The blockchain will go on but crypto currency will be kill as a pyramid scheme or whatever they decide to call it and anyone selling BTC will face up to 10 years in jail.

>government buys 99.9% of bitcoin
>some autists hodl it
>I didn't cash out my alts in time so i can't get any bitcoin

guess we'd just go to using bitbean as the base currency.. right?

Because crypto is part of the Globalist plan to merge markets

I'm ok with this, but they'll need to pay me at $100,000,000 = 1 BTC

Honestly I'd rather spend 10 years in a jail as long as crypto bitches were there. A crypto jail would be cool.No job, free chicken tenders.-A neets utopia.

>gov't buys all coins
>create new coins
>gov't buys all coins
>create new coins
>...

>reduce the SUPPLY massively
>governments massively BUYING and have a great DEMAND for bitcoin, regardless of intent
>this will surely kill the bitcoin
hmm

>some autists hold it
You're so fucking clueless how this works.

People hold and buy MORE when they see a sharp incline in prices.

A price of $2,500,000 per BTC makes the market cap of BTC greater than the entire supply of money in the entire world.

So good fucking luck doing that without inflating your currency to oblivion.

kek

How much of the supply of bitcoin do you think is actually currently in a sell order on an exchange? You can't buy from the unwilling. They could maybe buy 20% of bitcoin, maybe, and that would cause the value to absolutely skyrocket, more bitcoin would be put on exchanges for 1000x current value or more. You can't just buy and burn a currency to death.

Because not all Bitcoin is up for sale.

shhhhhhhh

Pretty much no one in governments know what the hell a bitcoin is, let alone crypto. Imagine some bank lobby faggot trying to convince politicians to spend hundreds of billions of dollars buying 'fake imaginary internet dollarydoos' for some reason they have no capability to understand.

Also it would cost a shit ton, and they still wouldn't control the creation of the coin so the price would skyrocket and miners would then be shitting out unbelievable amounts of money.

>govt buys all the bitcoin
>exerpt for me, I drive a hard bargaiun
>wont sell for less than 5 million per coin
>they have no choice

this would crash whatever currency the government was trying to buy bitcoin with as bitcoin is growing exponentially even when measured in gold adjusted for paper manipulation

because im not fucking selling

ill take my private keys to the grave if that started happening

The government should be using Bitcoin as a currency because it's so transparent. The rest of us should be using Monero. The opposite may come true.

so this is the absolute state of Veeky Forums, eh? a bunch of kids with autism that don't understand even the basics of market

the nations dont own the banks. its all privatized. countries literally borrow money from the banks.

first understand how our current system works before blasting shit all over the table

this

if china decided to buy all the left over bitcoins, what the fuck do you morons think will happen to the price?

> government giving out fleets of lambo manufactoring plans for every satoshi trying to burn this last ones
> every last one of us have /made it/ big time, just rolling in mountains of cash and gold
> this fucker dies poor and destitute, buried with this trezor

this works only in your mind.

on the global scale its a complete clusterfuck that you couldn't possibly comprehend otherwise you wouldn't spew that horseshit

That would imply that governments consider Internet Mickey Mouse Dollars to be a problem.

enough to bitch about it on an internet origami forum

>huurrrrr wat is market depth?
fucking biz

Crypto is like a virus, its starts small, low value, little impact.

As time goes on, people began to realize that crypto transactions were easier, trustworthy, and secure in comparison to traditional banking. Human beings seek simplicity without added difficulty. Bitcoin did just that and the ripple effect it had was immense. Massive amounts of money began to go into crypto research and development once people slowly began to catch on. Scam ICO's begin to pop up because they want to take the opportunity to make easy money off retards. AKA 99% of this board.

Bitcoin might die, but crypto won't. My bet is not on any particular coin, but the technology itself.

The only foreseeable way that crypto currencies would disappear is if every reasonably large government blocked network access to cryptos. I just don't see it happening any other way, if at all. The internet is intrinsically part of this generations life, so impeded into our learning process and how we go about our lives.

>pic metaphorically related

Do you realize that if they by 99,9% of bitcoins and then don't use it that would throw the price of just 1000 satoshi into orbit right?

Yeah, they can borrow from the Jew to try that thing.
But, really, OP's question looks like fantasy of a man who wants to suddenly wake up rich.

And it isn't? Seriously, I think that Bitcoin is the most anti-government thing ever. Even terrorism is not that dangerous. Yet those retards do nothing.