Weighted Plank 3 x 30-60s
B:
Box Squat 3/5 x 4-6
Paused OHP 3/5 x 4-6
Trapbar Deadlift 2 x 4-6
Closegrip Bench 3 x 6-8
Weighted Chinup 3 x 4-6
Weighted Plank 3 x 30-60s

this is what i used to hit the standards in 11 months with shit genetics at 68kg bw 18yrs old.

Other urls found in this thread:

stronglifts.com/5x5/#Arms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the goat

2nd week is BxAxBxx
just alternate

If it's a workout for somebody who's starting, shouldn't the frequency be higher?

3x week fullbody is high enough frequency for a beginner. and ur gonna have DOMS anyway so goodluck with higher frequency than this

>mfw 6 months of lifting 6x a week
have a fallen into my own meme?

If you're running 6 day brosplit, you'll hit each muscle group once a week. PPLxPPL will have a twice a week frequency. Both are less frequency than fullbody 3x a week.

I hit 1/2/2.5/4 on a PPLPPLx while eating 2k calories and losing 20 kilos in 6 months, your routine is shit breh

You mean something like pecs, back, triceps, biceps, shoulder and leg, one day each? I've heard that only works well for advanced lifters. I do pecs and triceps, then back and biceps, then leg and repeat. Divide shoulders into the first two days. Although I do feel my workout feels way less intense than before.

so technically what OP posted has more frequency than what youre doing, and yet you say its low frequency... autism?

What I mean by frequency is that I work all muscle groups twice a week instead of once. Like ABCABCx

Full body is how everyone trained before roids. Splits are more suitable for roiders. First few weeks may be difficult because you're not used to workouts that long.

yeh 3x week is more then 2x a week. so ur frequency is lower

just keep rest timers short. ops routine takes me no more than 70 minutes to complete with max amount of sets specified

>mfw only now I noticed how A and B on the OP share some exercises
So let me get this straight. The idea is to workout all the muscles on your body every day you go to the gym? Sorry if my questions sound dumb I've been going to the gym for a while but I haven't looked that much into the "theory" behind things I basically followed instructions

Yes. Program in OP is basically
Squat
Pressing movement
Pulling movement
Tricep accessory
Bicep accessory
Ab work
Basically anything works for novices, but some will be more optimal than others.

yeh its fine that ur a bgeinner but just so u know full body training is most optimal unless ur on roids because u get to train each muscle more times per week while only training 3 days a week. nattys need more rest time. Upper lower is also good.

wtf was alphacuck thinking?

>box squats instead of normal squats
>floor press instead of bench
>trap dl instead of normal dl

this is just a fucked up version of SL, you cant hit 1/2/3/4 by doing stupid shit like this.

pick icf 5x5 or SS with assistance

I've developed the habit of going the gym 6x a week though, so would it be beneficial to do some intense cardio during those rests?
Nice. Will start that next week.

All those variations are easier to learn. Box squat means you always break parallel, floor press form is easier, trap bar dl is also more straight forward than conventional. The program is for general strength, not powerlifting. How would you not be able to hit 1/2/3/4? There's so much carryover, plus box squat and floor press better train explosiveness.

what about following 5x5 but throwing in a few body weight excersises?

I've been thinking Dips + Chin ups on B days and any core + pistol squats on A days

That's just "StrongLifts 5x5 with Arm Work" on SL's website.
stronglifts.com/5x5/#Arms
scroll down a little

yes and 3 times a fortnight u do some lower back training

nigga are u trying to hit 1/2/3/4 in the normal lifts? Like ohp, high/low bar squat, bench press, sumo/conventional dl?

how is a novice going to be able to full squat if all hes doing is box squats, i like alpha and his advice with traps/cheating but this program is stupid, icf is way better look at Laid

strong lift is bullshit program that gives u muscle imbalances. follow program that OP posted its way better.

What if I don't care that much about lifting bigger weights and want to focus on hypertrophy like a bodybuilder? Should I still start like that and move on to a bodybuilding program later on?

I believe bodybuilding work would build muscle faster in the beginning, but improving strength would be better in the long run. Let's say you're benching 120x10 now, and keep to bodybuilding parameters. The weight you can bp won't go up as quickly as it would if you were focusing on strength. After gaining strength, your 10 rep max should be higher than it would be if you stuck to just doing 10 reps. Then your total volume would be higher if you do switch to bodybuilding parameters, meaning more muscle gains.

bait. you obviously dont know how exercise science works and ur just some fag that solely gets their fitness information from fit

u cant do full body 6 times a week. ur gonna lose gains by doing so. go 3 times

u can only gain 10-20lbs of muscle in ur first year, doing any program strength or bodybuilding it still will get u this extra musculature. so u should go for strength first. ur gonna get bigger anyway

nigga wat? dont belive it

what if i can't squat or deadlift?

dont believe it also. complete bullshit.

No, I meant something like doing full body on monday, wednesday and friday, while also doing cardio on tuesday, thursday and saturday

>mfw the cold hard truth is that most people will have to hit 1/2/3/4 for 8-12 reps in order to even start seeing the results they actually want

the way is straight but narrow, brehs

Can I change the plank to some non-static movement? Or is it just a "finishing touch" for the core?

>THE FASTEST WAY TO IMROVE YOUR MAIN LIFTS IS TO NOT PRACTICE THEM AT ALL

I swapped it for cable crunches
as long as it's something weighted, should work

Not necessarily, if you've been doing heavy sets and adding 2-4 extra exercises of high volume for a muscle group, that group should look perfect in 2 years, there are some muscles that progress very slowly like shoulders and lats though
The fixation with the "MAIN" lifts is a bit misguided I think, there was a period where I switched out most of my exercises and focused on getting as much strength on the 4 lifts as possible and my muscles looked like shit until I started doing high volume exercises again

Why do people do floor presses? How do they differ from bench presses?

it's actually not a new concept.

for example, there are people with world-class deadlifts that don't regularly perform deadlifts till a comp is approaching. then, of course, there are people that have deadlifts as a part of their programming year round that also have world-class deadlifts. find what works for you.

your elbows can't descend as far, I can't recall the benefits

So what's the difference between that a and board press?

floor press is safer

board press requires effort.

floor press is a meme.

>stall on all main lifts
>add accessory and volume sets of the main lifts
>adding weight every week

Thank you volume, you are my greatest ally.

did you do volume sets of the lifts after you did heavy sets or did you only do volume sets of the lifts for a time?

>The best program for me
FTFY

People like you are legit stupid, something that works for you reveals almost nothing solid about what works for a general population

Do people really rest that much?
Why? I can understand a really strong guy who lifts a lot of weight rest, but gymrats resting that much seems counterproductive.

>lose gains by using your muscles 6 times a week

Yep, that's how the human body works.
"Muscle being used a lot? NOPE! NO GROWTH, NO RESISTANCE".

you mean in-between sets?

If all you want is the 1/2/3/4 do Starting Strength without the power cleans:

Squat 3x5
Bench/OHP 3x5
Deadlift 1x5

Start with 65 lbs for deadlift and 45 lbs (the bar) for everything else.

Do 10 pound jumps until you fail a set of 5.

Then, do 5 pound jobs until you fail a set of 5.

Then, continue doing, 4,3,2, and finally one pound jumps.

Then, reduce your sets And reps as follows:

3x4
3x3
2x4
2x3
1x5
1x3

If you haven't peaked at 1/2/3/4 plates for the related movements after all of this, you are a failure.

It separates the eccentric and the concentric

what has jumping got to do with any of this?