Reminder that if you sleep with a pillow you're fucking up your posture

Reminder that if you sleep with a pillow you're fucking up your posture.

reminder that almost everything you do fucks your posture

But the average person uses a pillow yet doesn't have noticeably bad posture

True but you sleep for roughly 8 hours. That's a lot of time to benefit from if you're sleeping in a healthy posotion

Nice try pillow salesman. It can still cause neck and back pain. Also cost you quality of sleep

that's why you should stretch in the morning, not going without a pillow you fucking moron

Why not both if they both help?

I lay on my side so I need a fucking pillow you sperglord

>cold showers

side sleeping is the best

to be fair, you did just get kind of upset about a guy on the fitness board of a Colombian coco-extraction forum shitposting about pillows with a photo that suggests his shitpost wasn't even meant to apply to you

Any good pillows for back sleepers? Without a plow I feel like there's too much of a gap under my neck (top). With 99% of pillows I feel like my neck is too elevated, like OP's point (middle). Ideal pillow would support neck but also let my head rest at a natural angle.

Yeah but you're gonna need to drop like 50 bucks on a piece of weird shaped foam that was "scientifically engineered!!!" to be "exactly 10mm no more no less!!!1!"

what are you, poor? good sleep is worth 50 bucks
tempur pedic pillows are really good; they come in shapes specifically tailored to different sleeping positions

my nigger just go to the craft store and make one

you can sew right? A pillow is like an hour of work at most for an inexperienced person and you can make it and stuff it exactly how you like with what you like

Reminder that posture very rarely correlate with pain. Its not backed up by studies. Its not posture itself which is the problem. Its staying IN a position for long periods of time that leads to pain.

1.5 hours of your time (including going to the craft store) plus the cost of materials to make a pillow that isn't nearly as good or as comfortable as one that's down-filled or foam-filled and mass produced, delivered to you for 50-100 despite large r&d costs because of economies of scale

you're not so smart, are you? do you spend a day making running shoes instead of buying nikes? specialization and economies of scale give us access to products far better than anything we could make in an amount of time worth (so long as our time is worth anything to us) anything like a comparable amount to what we could buy these products for.
this is why professions exist; you can argue, if you like, that being self-sufficient is better for social or psychological reasons, but you can't argue that it's cost-effective—it isn't, so long as your time isn't worthless to you

Low end, $50?

You make $33/hr in your spare time at home? How?

Not that guy. I agree with you, but you got pretty mad just then. What are you a microeconomics professor?

what if I sleep on my stomach? it's impossible for me to sleep otherwise

I value my spare time highly; if I didn't, I'd work more hours and make more money. Also, 50/1.5 = 33, as you noticed; but you're missing the costs of materials—since you aren't buying in bulk from a warehouse in Shenzhen, decent down filler, sewing supplies, and fabric will cost at least 20 dollars. So now, charitably (for you) ignoring transportation costs, I only need to value my time at 20/hour for this to be a poor decision; and I do! And that's only if my pillow is commensurate in quality to a store-bought 50 dollar pillow.

And here's the kicker: for the reasons listed in my last post, it isn't! not even close!

no, you're totally right, I have no idea why I got so mad

goodnight autist

The plot thickens...

The face will be swole as fuck in the morning with no pillow if you are sleeping on the back.

>bedfags
I've been sleeping in a hammock for the past year, feels good

can someone redpill me on why sleeping on your stomach or side is bad? can't fall asleep on my back

Pressure on spine. Back and side are fine, on stomach is the worst.

It straightens the arch in your lower back. If you do sleep on stomach try putting a pillow under your hips to arch your tail bone in the air, still probably not good for you though

>I've been homeless for the past year, feels bad

your a fucking retard op
thats not how you sleep with a pillow