Start counting calories

>Start counting calories
>everything is so high
>100 grams of fucking peanuts is 500 calories
How the fuck am I supposed to hit my daily protein without going way over my energy intake?

Stop eating peanuts

Start eating lean meats, eggs and veggies

yea peanuts are a meme.

>Everything that tastes good has a high calorie count
>Everything that tastes of wallpaper paste and dust has a low count
Fuck this gay earth.

peanuts are a bulking food. Are you bulking, user? Then stop overeating calorie dense food

My ass is bulking.

Basically this

Canned Tuna has 40 grams of protein for only 180 calories. I would completely avoid nuts if you are trying to cut, they are VERY calorically dense

Canned tuna is good for you? I was always told anything in a tin or can is devils work.

Eat fucking almonds

protein supplements, that's what they're for

Chicken breast, egg whites (you can buy them alone in a bottle or carton), canned tuna.

Add spices for taste, GOWAD, veggies for micros, and you are good to go.

> Murrican education

No-fat cottage cheese, McDonald's Southwest salad (you don't need any dressing)

If you don't like steamed broccoli, consider trying it again and again until you do

No no, although a LOT of canned food is processed and high in sodium, there is a good bit of food that is worth eating canned.

>Tuna, sweet potatoes, black beans, most veggies

Just check the sodium content senpai

Why just eggs whites? I always eat the yolk, not wasting 50% of a perfectly good egg

British, but yeah there was zero nutritional education in my school, sue me.

Sodium content, got it senpai.

Yeah, they don't exactly teach this shit in school. That is the main reason why keto, suicide diets, paleo and other meme diets are so popular. Simple misinformation, it's sad really.

i love Peanuts
living means suffering

Dying is easy, living is hard.

-Edgar Allen Poe

Most of what you think "tastes good" is actually disgusting if you don't have a TV-promoted habit of eating this shit. It's all about dietary habits.

When I was younger I used to really really like food and thought fastfood was great, but I think my taste buds changed a lot as did my general mindset about food and nutrition and now unhealthy food disgusts me (and often upsets my stomach.) I'm trying to bulk now and I'm actually having some difficulty getting myself to eat more calories.

You've literally poisoned your taste buds with sugar to the point where you've lost sensation of taste in things that don't have high sugar. If you stop eating shit all the time you'll find that other things taste good too.

This

I told people something similar when food is brought up. People think of food the wrong way.
Everyone thinks of taste. "What tastes good, I need something that is yummy".
Instead, they should be thinking "what is healthy, what does my body need right now".
It's the obly reason why shit like soda and candy exists. It's because we can't get rid of the desire to have tasty, addicting food. Learning to get pleasure from eating healthy is the key to living a healthier life, and I'm sure it can help any fatty lose weight.

First of all, 100 g of peanuts is 600 kcal, not 500.

Secondly, it's ridiculous how you picked one of the most calorie dense foods there is to prove your "point".

It's all a matter of point of view. From my view, most foods are just too low in calories for me to bulk on them. Eating 50 g of peanuts every day is a struggle for me and makes me want to puke.

tl;dr: Stop being a fgt and be happy that you're fat and all you have to do is stop stuffing your face with calorie dense stuff. It's not like you have to starve. You could eat a lot of veggies that are really low in calories to fill your stomach.

This is literally only the case if you have the culinary skills of a fucking monkey. Learn to cook.

See above, you can eat extremely healthily and still have a great emphasis on taste. This "muh food is fuel only" mentality is contrived bullshit to make yourself out to be superior when all you're doing is artificially limiting yourself for no real reason.

so don't fucking eat 100 grams, eat 20. It'd be more than enough

>Think cottage cheese is the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my body
>start eating right, lose 50 lbs
>cottage cheese is now dessert tier
>1 pound is 360 calories and costs a dollar

shits easy once you stop being a slave to salt and oil

I'm having the opposite problem, I was an alcoholic for a long time so I got loads of calories from that unknowingly. Now I have cleaned up I am finding it really hard to eat even enough to meet my maintenance. I am totally set on having a reasonably small breakfast and lunch and a medium sized dinner and having counted it all up I am barely up to 1400. Was wondering why I felt like shit when I stopped, I am guessing that is why.

How do you motivate yourself to eat more? I feel I am being greedy if I eat more than that.

Hey I'm a student who's figuring shit out. Any good resources so I can start cooking? I know how to cook some Indian stuff but it takes too long

I don't have any one source, I just think of something I want, google recipes and go from there, changing it as I see fit. If theres a technique you don't know how to do, google once again is your friend. Youtube too. If theres an ingredient in the recipe thats too calorie dense, you guessed it, google alternatives to work around it.

Thats pretty much all there is to it. Apply common sense and generous amounts of googling.

That's a really relevant Pepe you got there
Thanks anyway

>I don't have any one source
You're a shitty cook then.

For me it's more that I just that care a lot less about taste than I did before, and that a lot of my satisfaction from the taste is because I can tell that some things are healthy because of how they taste.

>my food is fuel mentality
I'm to poor to make my chicken and broccoli taste good let alone buy it all the time so I learned to just eat boring food.

>I'm to poor
>I'm to busy
Its amazing how little time people have or how suddenly more expensive stuff costs compared to cookies and cream when you're dealing with a fattie.

>Garlic powder
>Hot sauce
>Curry powder
>Salt (sparingly)
>Pepper
>Soy sauce
>Fajita seasoning powder
>Adoba seasoning

Literally all you'll need to make your food taste decent if you're a college student or lazy. Got me through college before I learned how to properly cook and season.

Bruh I can't afford ice cream either.
I literally only eat chicken broccoli rice and oats because it's all I can afford to eat, sorry if I only have maybe 30 dollars a month for food.

Sauces, herbs/spices and cooking oil are so cheap that every individual serving is practically free

Be wary of canned tuna for its mercury content

Bullfucking shit.

Spices aren't expensive at all and can do a lot for taste. You just don't know shit and trying to deflect from your ignorance with being poor.

I don't know why your so mad.
Don't come over and eat my food.

Use literally any other source of protein other than peanuts

Theres no logical reason to feel greedy if what you're eating fits your calories and macros. If anything you should be feeling guilty if you DONT meet those numbers.
Calculate your TDEE, decide what deficit or what surplus of calories you want to eat. use that to calculate your macros. Use those numbers to determine what you eat.
Eating well is pretty brain dead simple honestly.

Nobody is mad here. I'm just calling out your bullshit and hoping to clear up some of your ignorance.
If you're happy with eating what you're eating it's just fine with me.

Serious eats is a really great website to learn to cook, it also tends to be really entertaining.
Also if you want to kill a few hours you can marathon the old food network show good eats. It's very entertaining as well and Alton brown knows his shit.

Drink milk. You'll get the calories without having to force feed yourself.

I know it is pretty irrational, just feels really strange eating a hell of a lot more than I am used to. Still getting used to this.

It's weird. A good quality fresh fish my body's fine with. Any type of canned sea food causes me to itch and produce mucus. I eat seafood at least twice a week but never canned any longer. Never have those problems

> almonds
> not activated
Never gonna make it

1 scoop of whey protein = 24 grams of protein = 200calories

What shit whey protein you use? My whey has 24g of protein for only108 calories

2 scoops of my protein is only 150 calories for 21g

Actually on the contrary. Try eating 3500 calories every day with just rice and chicken. Shit does not fucking have calories in it.

Turn your chicken into a chicken sandwich, tomato, lettuce, little mayo, fuckin' put an egg in it, cheese.

Cut some chicken up and put it in the rice, add some veggie, pan fry in little oil for a minute, chicken fried rice.

Why the shit are you eating just rice and chicken? Where is the veggies?

Embrace the gluttony. You get to be full all the time and if you're doing it right the foods delicious. It's great.

I know this is a late reply but tuna should be eaten in moderation do to its mercury content. If you can get tuna that has very minimal mercury or farm raises, go for it.

The thing about canned foods is that alot of companies line it with BPA.

The Health part of Veeky Forums - Health and Fitness was removed some time ago.

>not having a 3500+kcal TDEE
You were born to fail

Kek. Eating just chicken and rice isn't healthy, there is a ton of micros you just will never get.

high protein foods are usually low calorie you motherfucking pig
tuna
meat
chiken
protein powder
protein bars
there are a lot

buy a ramekin. learn how to make a frittata.

chop up some bacon(2-3 slices), bake it for 10-15 min at around 375

add 4-6 whipped eggs, a quarter cup of cheese and some pepper. bake it at 350 degrees until its fluffy all the way through (roughly 35 minutes, maybe more depending on your oven)

thats at most 700 calories and should keep you full for half a day and twice as much protein as peanuts

Whitefish, red and white meat, eggs, cottage cheese, quark. beans, broccoli, whole grains, tuna, shellfish and milk, with protein shakes and protein bars for treats.
Be wary of fruits and nuts. Like, you eat a mango and you think you're a fuckin healthy cunt and then you realize that whoops shit you just blew a quart of your TDEE on a shitload of sugars.
Cheeses can also be deceptively dense in calories. Opt for sharper cheeses that add lots of flavour, and use less.
If you have a sweet tooth you can't get rid of, try freezing BCAA drinks to make ice pops or shaved ice, or blending baking cocoa and/or chocolate protein powder with cottage cheese until smooth. Protein bars are a bit overhyped for what they are - They're fairly expensive, rather low in protein for how many calories there's in them, and the protein isn't always the good stuff. If you want to ignore this, at least get Goodlife bars, as they at least have the benefit of tasting good unlike Quest Nutrition's cardboard bars.
Unflavoured protein powder can be used to increase the protein content in a lasagna if you make the pasta plates yourself - Add a few scoops of protein powder to the flour. Furious Pete did a video on it a while back, but I forget the title of the video, sorry.
You can also make pie crusts with oat flour (grind oatmeal) and cottage cheese(!), and it doesn't even taste bad.
Just go amok in the kitchen, OP - If you learn how to cook, you will have an easier time making it. Good luck!

This

To get my daily protein intake from food I'd be way over my calorie limit so I have to drink protein shakes

All canned food is processed. Wtf do you think that word means?

>olive oil/coconut oil
>roast chicken breast
>cook rice

What the fuck are you faggots even discussing ? This is all you need in a day, everyday.

Selenium prevents mercury intake. Look up the studies. I eat a brazil nut before any fish.

>How the fuck am I supposed to hit my daily protein without going way over
I cut at 1500kc. The only way to still hit 130g protons a day is through liberal use of protein powder.

Mate as someone who changed their lifestyle and habits 10 months ago and lost 30lbs by eating at a deficit the whole time I wanna say thank you for making this sound so fucking simple. I have started lifting a couple weeks back so switched to a surplus but feel guilty about all the food i eat knowing full well i need it to support the switch from cardio to weights. I will remember what you said about feeling guilty not eating what my body needs to grow. Thanks again man.

Honestly man being 6ft1 and lifting 6 times / week leaves me consuming so much food

Just eat 3kg quark every day, that is 249 grams of protein, 126 grams of carbs and three grams of fat at exactly 1500 kcal and 13.6 buckaroos / day.

You're welcome bud I just saved your cutting life.

>cant gain weight
>just order 6.5 kg cookies
>going to eat 1000 kcal cookies each day

its a good plan right bros

I dont understand how active people can get fat. My TDEE is 3.7k on a workday, count another 500 when lifitng and I have to eat a vast amount of food to gain weight.
It came to the point I often skip lifting just because I dont want to stuff my face every 2 mins I have free time.
Only workout on my 2 off days now and 1 day after work (that day I just eat everything edible in my sight).

And destroyed his will to live.

where the fuck can you get quark?
t. murrican

you can buy cartons of pure egg whites dude

>my TDEE is 3.7k on a workday
Some people still manage to eat 6-7000kcals a day, it's gross but fat people are fat for a reason, they eat calorie dense garbage. I've seen people have "snacks" that blew my TDEE out of the water for the day, and its just disgusting to watch.

My TDEE is about the same and I love just eating whatever I feel like all the time. If I go on vacation though it takes a while for my appetite to adjust and I can gain weight really fast

>TDEE is 1880 calories
>eat spoon of peanut butter with chocolate milk

there's my calorie surplus for the week

>tfw 22 and I pretty much go by this list for seasonings