How do manage the pain from using this grip while deadlifting? Does it eventually get easier?

How do manage the pain from using this grip while deadlifting? Does it eventually get easier?

how you manage the pain of being a pussy?

Go away manlet

You power through it. It gets easier but it never stops hurting.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL
SOOSOSOSOSOOSOS ALPHA SLAPHAHAPSLSHPAS

this

Grow up and quit being a bitch desu.

tape my thumbs
don't go too heavy

i never tried hook grip till a few weeks ago. i thought it would be really bad but it turns out that it's not as bad as people say. i'm not lifting big weight but i'm using it during my max sets. i get pretty bad cracking at my joints but that's it.

I'm assuming you've been deadlifting for a while and have decided to use hook grip to help your grip.

>DELOAD
>try again
>you'll probably be fine

A lot of Olympians do it for their lifts and I've never read anything substantial. Just that it takes like two weeks of regular use to get used to it.

how do i manage to actually do hookgrip.

it literally feels like i have no grip. the bar just slides into double overhand.

i can get my hand like op pic related

stop being a retard

I have no idea how this doesn't kill your joints. I tried deadlifting 80 kgs once with hook grip and the pain was 7/10

it doesnt, you get used to, same ass pepole use pussy pads or cannot do no hand squat cuz muh traps hurt

Yeah but at the time I could deadlift 140 kg. The pain level was 7/10 at 80 kgs. I did not attempt 140kg

you absolutely NEED chalk to use the hook grip

Simply gets easier. I do oly lifting and heavy pulls at 150kg in 69kg weight class and im lanky as shit now.

>heavy
>150kg

LOL

What the fuck is wrong with his index finger in the left pic???

>not doing index curls

Hook grip only works if you have big hands and not little babby trump hands

Don't use hook grip for volume work, if you're doing anything >5 reps, then use mixed grip or straps. Thing is, when the weight is sufficiently heavy, the last thing what crosses your mind is ''ow my fingers hurt'', you're just thinking about lifting the god damn weight. Thumbs will be achy afterwards, but the pain is perfectly tolerable.
The pain becomes easier to endure after a couple of weeks of use too.

Also this

Just use fucking straps. Why are people so afraid of straps.

Because they're not legal in competition

at what weight does it start to hurt?

I've never used it for anything less than 1pl8, but already then the pain was noticable, though not at all intolerable.

Hook grip is a meme and is dangerous especially when bench pressing. Don't be a dipshit.

We are evolved and use thumbs. For fucks sake.

i use it for over 4pl8 and have never had pain. i dont grab my knuckle i put my index finger on top of my thumb closer to the nail

that's odd
clean pulls with 2pl8 don't feel at all
maybe your thumbs are fucked up

it isn't used for presses, but for pulls

My thumbs are fine as far as I know. I've really only used hook grip for 1pl8 like once or twice, which was just when I started using it, I just think I was unaccustomed to it at that point.

I start to feel it around 2pl8

>hook grip when bench pressing
WEW

you have to go back, packo

Oh,dear. You guys are so young. You haven't even seen half of the world yet.

Put your thumb on the outside of your fingers.
What sort of dumbfuck puts it in between your middle finger and the bar? It'll fuck up your thumbs?

Thats what hookgrip is you mongoloid, it doesn't let your grip slip