Are sweet potatoes approved by Veeky Forums ? I can curb all junk snacks by eating one but am I playing myself?

Are sweet potatoes approved by Veeky Forums ? I can curb all junk snacks by eating one but am I playing myself?

I eat them when cutting, works pretty well for me

One of the healthiest foods you can eat, bub

They're a fine carb source. Even better than a white potato. As far as vegetables go, sweet potatoes and broccoli with lemon are go-to dishes.

What about the best way to prep them or I know there isn't a best way but how would you prep it , I am trying to make it but my weakness are cookies , and also can I store them in a container and eat them throughout the day? Or does they have to be warm? Not only that what about jicama , thanks Veeky Forums so far, very helpful lately

I really like to chop them up in cubes and bake them with a little garlic, salt, pepper, peprika, and olive oil.

I used to eat them with almost every meal, but I got really burnt out and sick of them, and switched to other starches.

You can make them more dessert like with cinnamon and a little honey, but fuck off with the marshmallows.

If you dry them into chips you can store them at room temp, but you have to bake them at a low temp for a long time. Slice them thin, and spread them out in the oven at 200F.

why would you eat them instead of normal potatoes
they are far more expensive

>why would you eat them instead of normal potatoes
>they are far more expensive

how fucking poor are you that you cant afford sweet potatoes?

Get yourself a mandolin and make sweet potato chips. You get two large bowls of chips from one potato and they're fucking great.

Just chop them very thin, season with onion powder/salt/pepper/whatever and bake at 400° until they're somewhat crispy. No oil

They'll get more crisp as they cool

Because they're far more delicious and even more nutritious than white potatoes

How long do you keep them at 400 degrees ?

Honestly couldn't tell you, and it varies from batch to batch. Somewhere between 10-20 minutes but I always just check on them and take them out when they're crisp.

user confirmed homeless

Jesus christ

>Is a sweet potato fit approved?

Fucking educate yourself

>2usd for 3lbs at local grocery
>implying that's expensive

what the fuck is happening to Veeky Forums

theres a thread where a landwhale is pretending to be slim too

It's just broken down to the metabolic poison known as dietary sugar. What you want are fat and proteins.

I like cutting them into fries and baking them after tossing them in salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.

it's one of the fitness meme foods. I mean, they're good, but overhyped

regular potatoes taste different so they're hardly a substitute, but if you compared them they're basically the same except for price (in my country sweet potatoes are literally 10x the price of regular potatoes)

I just microwave mine, and eat it with ketchup.

Takes about 4 minutes on level 10.

>yep

Which one?

>eat with ketchup
Are you 5 years old

>just microwave mine
Don't do this, the nutrients get killed off.

>nutrients get killed off
sounds legit

i like to boil them, peel off skin and mash it up with a little bit if sea salt, taste like cake batter to me