Reminder that there is literally no need to do heavy squats and deadlifts if you aren't a powerlifter

Reminder that there is literally no need to do heavy squats and deadlifts if you aren't a powerlifter.

there's no need to lift at all. you could just sit inside all day and do nothing.

If by do nothing you mean "browse Veeky Forums" then you are correct, that is the best option in life.

define heavy

over 4pl8?

i'm nowhere near powerlifter Level, so im not concerned.
i just wanna get to 1/2/3/4 plates. thats enough for me

What does 1/2/3/4 refer to? ohp/bench/squat/dl?

yes

yes

yes
i'm currently at 50 kg ohp and 70kg bench.
my sq and dl are complete shit sadly, since i have to work on my mobility first. dont wanna injure myself, so im taking it very slowly.

Define "light". I started very late with squats so 120 is my current max. In Deadlift 180 and in bench 110 kg, so what number is "light"? Am I already at the bottom of the term "light"?

>50kg ohp
>70kg bench
Are you bending your knees in ohp, pause benching or do you do only ohp.

Reductio ad absurdum

he's right tho. God forbid anyone who has different goals than me etc etc

light is how many reps you can do with the weight, if you can only do 2 reps of 60 kg squats, then 60 kg is a heavy amount for you

>biting more than you can chew is dangerous
Do you guys just go to the internet and pretend to be retarded?

I train with 5 reps 110 kg squats, 5 reps 160 kg deadlift and 5 reps 103 kg bench press, if I'm able to bench 5 reps with that weight, is it medium weight?

> Veeky Forums's version of the blackpill

no i do ohp without bended knees, i mean if you use hip drive to push the weight up- its so much easier, really makes you realize where the most power in your body lies.
i try to pause bench, but on the last rep or so i get kinda hasty

t.weakfaggotthatlearnedthatphraseyesterday

anybody who has lifted for any decent amount of time understands that lighter, higher rep work doesn't beat you up the same way heavy work does

>1/2/3/4
You say that now. I got there after seven months. Now I'm dreaming about 2/3/4/5.
Then I'll be happy. Yeah.

I mean thats a nice goal but the ratio between the lfits is TOTALLY different

I'm pessimistic about your OHP being 50% your Squat

And by beating up you mean having disc problems and joint issues then you are right. High volume can fuck your shit up too, but you need way worse form.

harry potter?

I'd say it's average to almost medium

MORE THAN 2pl8s IS HEAVYWEIGHT.

IF YOU CAN'T DO 4 SETS OF 12-15 THEN IS HEAVYWEIGHT

What if i want to squat and deadlift heavy?

Not that guy, but I'm at 2/3/4/5 and let me tell you, 2pl8 OHP is extremely difficult. Even in seated press. I actually wouldn't try it standing at all, with or without a belt.