Can someone give me a rundown on this coconut oil shit? 1 tablespoon has like 65% of your saturated fat...

Can someone give me a rundown on this coconut oil shit? 1 tablespoon has like 65% of your saturated fat, so why the fuck do "health nuts" keep trying to shove it down my throat?

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Coconut_oil
youtube.com/watch?v=WOcfxpZi6a0
youtube.com/watch?v=cqAg-jRitCY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought that stuff was just something that black people rub on their skin. Didn't know you could eat it.

>why do retarded people do retarded shit?
oi mate

it's a great source of healthy fat

the big fat number on a label is only scary to retarded normies

That's the point he's making, it ISN'T a good source of healthy fat is it has a stupid amount of saturated fat. Which it does.

Olive oil is better. Fuck this shit.

>coconut oil
>healthy fat
pick one

isn't regular fat "healthy" fat? as in not trans or saturated?

My grandfather who spouts everything he reads on the first result of his google searches as if he's a nutrionists swears by this shit and when presented with the nutrion values, he paused then spout out something about it not being "saturated animal fat" therefore ok.

you dont want saturated fats because they're more complex for ur muscles to break down

monounsaturated fats will help gains and make ur smile stronger

that's the whole point. coconut oil is the ONLY plant fat with the same structure as saturated animal fat. it's literally garbage

this is a ridiculous statement. saturated fats have been proven to have health benefits. One example is: "Lauric acid has been characterized as having 'a more favorable effect on total HDL cholesterol than any other fatty acid [examined], either saturated or unsaturated'."

what you meant to say was "you don't want too many saturated fats".

no need to thank me, I'm happy to help clear up your retardation Veeky Forums.

I use rapeseed oil because it has the word rape in it

I just want to lose weight now, seriously I'm sick of being 270lbs (fat) at 6ft.

Just sweating while doing fuck all outside is enough to piss me the fuck off at this point.

I'm not too concerned with getting swole until I get this weight sorted out.

I quit juice, breads, rices, starches, pop, candy etc and I feel like it's barely helped.

Sure is 1990s in here

Because you need your proteins, carbs and fats. Coconut oil is almost all fat so it's a great source . It's very simple .

Figure out your TDEE and then eat less than that.

You're not supposted to cook with it. You should consume it raw for them brain gains. Also don't cook with olive oil, use grape seed oil or avocado oil.

it's not, they are stupid. Or maybe they're referring to palm oil, idk

Literally eating lard.

>I quit juice, breads, rices, starches,

Then you went completely to the opposite direction you are supposed to. One more fool, fooled by the industries

> so why the fuck do "health nuts" keep trying to shove it down my throat?

Because it's relatively new and exotic, making it easy to trick normies into thinking it's some kind of magic health food

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Coconut_oil

high fat low carb diets improve cholesterol, make you feel better, and help you lose weight

That stuff is for butts not mouths.
I use it as anal lube whenever my girlfriend wants to break out her strapon and ream my ass. It's honestly the best lube. I liked using silicone ones but the giant purple cock she likes to pound me with is also silicone so that's a no. Water based just doesn't provide the staying power for the prolonged pounding she so enjoys. Coconut oil works like a champ and stays slick all day. She makes fun of my "coconut ass" a lot now though.

Well then.

fuck off retarded cuck.
none of this is real.

>high fat low carb diets improve cholesterol

The only time they can do this is when they cause weight loss, and that's because weight loss lowers cholesterol

coconut oil is banned from products in my country due to the incredible amount of satty fat

its trash

I kind of feel you're looking at the finger pointing at the moon here but I assure you I do get fucked a lot by my long term lady friend.
The real take home here is how awesome coconut oil is for lube. Cheaper, slicker, and tastier than anything else on the market. Put it up your ass or someone elses ass or whoever's ass and tell me its not just velvety smooth. Its not just for asses either works great in cunts and doesn't fuck with vaginal ph too much. It does eat through latex condoms though but that should bother you with all the bareback bbc you're taking.

mindblown at the amount of retards who think that eating easily oxidized, unsaturated seed oils is healthy. You realize that shit is rancid by the time you buy it from the store, and if by some miracle it isn't, it will be once you expose it to heat? Enjoy your free radical damage.

pro-tip, eat (but don't overeat like every retarded fatass on the standard american diet) high-quality animals sources of fat that humans are adapted to consume such as lard or butter, and yes coconut oil too.

>what is MCT oil

you dyels are fucking retarded, keep shilling your shitty PUFAs then kys

We've all heard your sales pitch before, Coconut Jim
>eat high-quality animals sources of fat that humans are adapted to consume such as lard or butter, and yes coconut oil too.

The one good thing about the coconut oil meme is you get to laugh at retards like this

mah nigga

You are 100% correct but you didn't mention the master race of animal fats, beef tallow. I make it myself from trimmed beef fat and its damn good and very healthy. I also make soap with it.

youtube.com/watch?v=WOcfxpZi6a0

Olive oil is better for light frying. Coconut oil is better for high temperatures and deep frying.

The more saturated fat an oil has, the more stable it will be when exposed to very high temperatures (350-400 degrees), and thus the less likely it will be to break down. Coconut oil is especially good for deep frying because of its saturated fats.

>Making a case for not eating oxidized fatty acids now qualifies as shilling for coconut oil

You're a fucking retard lmfao, enjoy your free radicals

So quick question though, do you guys think I actually absorb the calories and fat from all the coconut oil I put in my ass? I generally use like a teaspoon or two every other day or so but sometimes more.

b-but the human metabolism is optimized for consumption of unstable vegetable oils produced from the processing of thousands of seeds, then bottled and continually exposed to light and oxygen for months on end.

my man

It's really not good to eat either, but vegetable oils are less unhealthy than lard and butter despite their susceptibility to oxidation. See

Not going to watch a 30 min video but consumption of saturated fat alone does not cause heart disease, and it's actually the addition of sugar that does the trick. Google and read "the straight dope on cholesterol" if you have time, its comprehensive and well-researched. Go to town on the studies it references if you want.

Anecdotally, I have not had a problem with saturated fats, and my cholesterol even improved (higher HDL and LDL down from 101 to 86) after doing a ketogenic diet for 4ish months.

>consumption of saturated fat alone does not cause heart disease, and it's actually the addition of sugar that does the trick

Both increase your risk of heart disease, and it's easier to argue that lots of saturated fat without sugar will lead heart disease than sugar without saturated fat.

>Google and read "the straight dope on cholesterol" if you have time, its comprehensive and well-researched

I'm familiar with Peter Attia. The guy's a quack. If you have time to read his stuff, you have time to watch a well researched video with an opposing view.

In fact, here's a video about his "the straight dope" articles

I watched it and it tells me nothing, all the while cherry-picking random arguments and refuting them with correlation-based "evidence" that doesn't even begin to look at the macro-environment of human metabolism. If PP weren't an anonymous researcher with an actual reputation on the line I might be inclined to actually take his arguments a bit more seriously.

>takes Peter Attia's arguments
>refutes them

What's confusing you? There's a whole set of videos on Peter Attia's arguments. Here's the next, discussing his focus on ApoB

What do you find confusing?

>takes Peter Attia's arguments
>refutes them with shaky, correlation-based "evidence", while ignoring all conflicting evidence

I've already told you what the problem is, he completely ignores macro-conditions of the human organism, cherry-picks specific diets/metabolic states (like he did in his example of japs and their high carb diets for starters), and extrapolates them. It's all half truths from him and it only makes sense if you're uninformed. Stop trolling yourself.

>he completely ignores macro-conditions of the human organism

What do you mean by that?

> cherry-picks specific diets/metabolic states (like he did in his example of japs and their high carb diets for starters), and extrapolates them

It's a response to Attia's claims. In what way is it cherry-picked?

I'm a skeleton and this shit is cheap as fuck. Should I just put it in everything for extra calories?

Just go full keto. I'm down to 220lbs I'm 6,3 and started at 255lbs. Coco oil is the bomb. It has mtc oils that convert into energy fast and can sustain you for most of the day as long as you're keto adapted.