Any of you drive a bike? How does it feel to be jacked and drive a bike?

Any of you drive a bike? How does it feel to be jacked and drive a bike?

Do you get lots of attention?

no one cares.

No idea

But I did have an accident where I hit a car with the inside of my knee at 50 km/h and I didnt break anything, just swollen for two months without walking for the first month(even with aid) and some nerve damage.
god bless rippetoe

I drive a Honda Ruckus which is the least gay Moped you can get and it's pretty dope

nice

You get a lot of uncolicited abuse, they are kind of like the fedora of transport

girls who already like you will like that you have a motorcycle.

maybe I'll just stick to cars

>fedora

you can't find a better deal than a bike for pleasure/thrills/socializing.

>tfw driving of on my superbike after grueling chest/tricep day only in a singlet
>every single person , man woman child elderly are mirin

Bike is worth it just for that

Guess all that GOMAD finally paid out.

What's the best motorcycle for someone around 6'3" ?

>any of you drive a bike
uh...kinda

>superbike
>in t-shirt

You're a fucking faggot

Impractical and dangerous

any cruiser. If you want a sport bikes, daytona 675s are pretty tall. You'll still be really uncomfortable.

Bikes are really where manlets can shine.

fucking squid

>Impractical
u w0t m8, fucking nice to skip traffic and find parking spots
>Dangerous
Yes.

I just don't want to get a bike and have to like crouch all the time, I want to be comfortable.

supermotards aka sumos

patrician choice and perfect for tall individuals

This. I have a drz400. Though it's not in supermotard form, I would do that if living in the city. At the moment it's kitted out for adventure riding - long distance tank, comfortable seat upgrade, luggage rack, gearing change for highway, bash plates etc

i've got a zx6r and once in awhile someone comments on it. most of the year i wear an armored jacket so no one can see my gains anyway.

during the summer in phoenix i skip the jacket and people look more but don't really say anything.

no one really cares if you ride a motorcycle other than other riders. everyone knows a cousins cousin's best friend died on one tho and it gets tiring hearing about how dangerous they are

I ride an R1. Kids go apeshit when you pass them, a couple of guys will give a thumbs up or make the "do a wheelie" gesture (I don't know how).

I've never had any girls start mirin though ;_;

my highschool year old niece always wants to go on rides on mine. underage girls almost always stare and wave.

had a couple guys roll up in a car next to me at a light and twist their wrists at me to rev the bike

girls will scream if you have a nice exhaust and rev your bike when you're coming up to them

those bikes seem pretty dangerous

I'm 6'5" with a KLR. Dope seating position. Sports bikes are basically for people under 6 foot

>Sports bikes are basically for people under 6 foot

yeah except normal people assume a klr is a gay dirt bike

Any bike is dangerous. You just have to not be stupid and be as aware as possible of your surroundings.

yeah, but those two are what superbikes? They look like rockets.

They're fast and have hella power. But again it's all about the rider.

Girls literally don't give a fuck

2008 and later look retarded but my 2007 gets looks a lot since people want to know if I take it off road (I haven't).

whats the point of owning an old ass dual sport if you'll never take it off road?

What's the point of living if you're a manlet?

My non meme answer is comfort. I've had an 80's sports bikes and a cruiser and the KLR has been much more comfortable for my long body. If there was any trails around me I would go though.

>Any of you drive a bike?
Yes Honda cbr600
>How does it feel to be jacked and drive a bike?
I wouldn't know but I can't imagine it would be noticeable under your gear.
>Do you get lots of attention?
Sometimes, more often when off the bike than riding it, lots of people ask about the gear and kids think it makes you look like a superhero.

Chris?

More like they're watching to make sure they don't miss it when you become a red streak on the road in case the police ask for a witness statement.

understandable. i had a 650 before my zx6r and it was wayyyyyyyyy more comfortable to ride but it lacked an inline 4 which is why i upgraded. i love how an i4 sounds.

>cruiser.
Why are you even riding a bike if you aren't going fast?

You'll get a lot of the trashy skanks that look and sound 40 at age 24, especially if you ride a cruiser. Only other girl I know who's into motorcycles is a fat lesbian who rides a Hayabusa

You don't crouch on sports bikes that's a misconception since it looks like that but it's not any more uncomfortable than a cruiser

Same here. Was thinking of getting a bike this summer but just don't care. Love the ruck. Put 8600kms on it, haven't even had it for a year (got it last day of June 2016)

You'll get way more attention riding a gay vintage moped as a jacked guy and having to work the pedals to get going from a stop. Motorcycles are everywhere.

>it's not any more uncomfortable than a cruiser

That's not true. You're hunched over the whole time so you're pretty much flexing your core and trying to keep your weight on your hips unless you wanna put all your weight on your hands and hurt the hell out of your wrists.

No one gives a shit except small dogs who bark at me when I ride past.

lotus what do you do for a living.

your wife is very beautiful btw just saw a picture recently

you are an inspiration for black people

i just squeeze the tank with my legs. my hands only hold on just enough to hold on

>That's not true. You're hunched over the whole time
You're not though, you sit up straight with your feet on the pegs the only time you would be hunched over is if you were trying to reduce drag which unless you're racing isn't going to be an issue.
This

Hunched over may be an exaggeration. But in neutral riding position I'm constantly leaned forward.

2016 drz400

if you want to get into motorcycles you have to ask yourself what you want to do.

commuting to school/work?
sv650n, cbr500r, gs500f

commuting to school/work + offroad?
drz400, dr650, wr250

memetier shitbike?
cruisers, mopeds, 250cc bikes, street modified dirtbikes

take your MSF or equivalent motorcycle safety course to see if you like it. take your written test to get motorcycle cert for your license. buy your gear first, then your bike.

get a good helmet, your helmet should be your most expensive piece of gear, followed by your jacket. ideally you want helmet + jacket + boots + gloves + pants as a MINIMUM. all motorcycle rated, as much leather as you can afford. i also use kneepads and an upperbody supermoto rig with a neck gaiter

then once you are rich buy a dainese fullbody race suit and a turbo busa and do 100mph wheelies in first from a light

ask me anything about starting motorcycles and gear and i can answer within reason

Im 6'2, and have a Kawasaki 600R. Feels small for me, size wise, even when I first got it. Power feels underwhelming now, as I have been riding for a fairly long while now.

Size wise, you being 6'3, there are not many sport bikes that you will feel that really fully 'fill' your size, except MAYBE a hayabusa, or maybe the various 1400cc sport bikes that are coming out (they look god awful, however). Power wise, if you are new to riding, and ESPECIALLY if you are thinking about getting a newer year model sportbike (older models even too though), would would highly recommend NOT starting with anything more powerful than a 600cc. The power can quickly get out of hand if you are not used to it, and you could panic, and crash terribly.

That said, cruisers feel WAY different, and there are some MONSTER big bikes out there. Take a look at the Triumph 2300cc bike, I think its called something rocket perhaps. A guy that works at a shop near where I live has one parked outside occasionaly. It is literally as big as a small car, and looks magnificent; wicked badass

just starting out you should look for two things:
1. v-twin
2. 650cc or less
any bike that meets these two is a fine starter bike. if you get an inline 4, the amout of power given to the wheels is non-linear.

what this means is on your 650cc twin, when you rev the engine, you will roughly go the same AMOUNT of fast the further you rev. you will go from 0-30 in first gear as you work the throttle. on an inline, you go FASTER the MORE you work the throttle. wheras on a twin you would be going from 0-30 from half a turn on the throttle, you would go from 0-65 on an inline 4 of the same engine displacement

inline4 is for racing, vtwin is for starting out and being comfy. that isn't to say that you cant go fast on a twin, there are huge twins that have gigantic torque for days that will hit 60 before you can blink

I drive a Cannondale, pretty fancy, when girls see it they get wet super quick.

No more than you would be sitting in a chair

that looks fucking awesome bruv

Rucks pretty dope but even a 250cc sport bike is worlds better.

I love scooters though. One summer i slipped a few Sprees to make some cash and learn. Fun as hell to bomb around on a scooter in the city.

Bikes seem really fucking cool to me. But honestly, even though they're cheap and some get great mileage - I'm scared.
Recently I've been rear ended at a red traffic light, I was the first in a 4 car pile-up. Had I been in a bike, I might have been killed

No it is definitely forward. If I sit up straight I literally can't reach the handles.

>at least 150cc engine
>stock front tire bike breaks

Do the breaks work at all or does it do a front flip every time you stop?

forgot pic

>If I sit up straight I literally can't reach the handles
MANLET

>Recently I've been rear ended at a red traffic light, I was the first in a 4 car pile-up. Had I been in a bike, I might have been killed
You could also have easily moved to the sidewalk/division

You're under 5'7.
I ride upright and only lean forward when I want to go fast. And I'm on a gsxr

The only people that think my bike is cool are those who don't know about bikes cause it looks fast but is essentially a freeway legal moped. But I'm not complaining.
>>tfw 286cc engine
Plus no one can see gains in a bulky leather jacket.

>4 car pile up

do you stare at the cars in the back when there are already 2 stopped behind you?

he was 1. 2 hit 1. 3 hit 2. 4 hit 3

Go see /dbt/ inside of >>Veeky Forums
There's a motorcycle ergonomics simulator there

I-I'm 5'8".

Don't laugh

>memetier shitbike?
>cruisers, mopeds, 250cc bikes, street modified dirtbikes

why are street modified dirtbikes shit? im thinking about getting a ktm 525 exc as my first bike, or maybe a ktm 620/640, husqvarna 610, husaberg 570, etc. if i can find one for cheap.

because you will spend a lot of money just to make it street legal when you could have just bought a drz a dr or a wr

all of those bikes are street legal from the factory.

well then clearly im not talking about them you fucking retard, im talking about 50-125cc dirtbikes that you mod suspension/lights/etc. onto so that you can ride street legally

god damn use your fucking brain. dont buy a bike because you are the type of person who will die

kill yourself immediately

>do you get a lot of attention

Isn't that basically all that riding a noisy ass, annoying bike is about?

Fucking attentionwhore faggots

>cannot read and comprehend simple english communication
>lashes out in anger
cant wait until reddit gets deported to the gas chambers, tired of there retarded fucking shits polluting kikechan

what do you think of the Suzuki gn125? for a beginner?

say that shit to me irl. ill peel your pants off like a fucking onion skin and assrape you until you bleed out your cocksucker mouth and die, faggot.

Yo,

I have a DRZ400 Supermoto and a Hayabusa

>How does it feel to be jacked and drive a bike?
I'm not jacked

>Do you get lots of attention?
Yeah. But I get just as much attention in my cars. I have a Baja Bug and a C5 Vette.

you'll get lots of attention from the mortician after some idiot doesn't see you in his blindspot

those things are deathtraps

Is it true that you meet the nicest people on a Honda?

if you are able to buy a larger bike, I would.
the ninja250 is commonly recommended because it's not large enough to get you in trouble, but large enough to commute on. I disagree, as time and time again the 250 has shown to be such a small bike that people outgrow it within a month.

it really only takes about a month before you have gained the mechanical skills to comfortably operate a motorcycle in most daily situations. at that point, the motorcycle itself is limiting your growth.

get a SV650n if you want to start out. tons of low end torque so you can get out of trouble if you need to, but has a top speed of ~115mph, similar to most cars on the road, which means that you wont be able to do egregiously dumb stunts. the 650 also has enough power to go on the highway for short periods, which would really strain the 250cc at speeds of 70mph+

your "first" bike should be able to last you at least a year before you sell/trade it. with a 250, you will have 11 months of looking for other bikes and wishing. with a 500/650, you will have a great year of riding before the thought of switching even comes to mind

*kisses u*
back the fuck off???

ok mom

people who buy honda are uneducated about motorcycles

people who are reckless and angry buy supermoto, which isnt honda

what you are left with is well meaning old folks on cruisers, numales on cafe racers, and people learning on starter bikes

dumb ideas from dumb person

i've done enough city driving to know about half of the people driving should not be allowed to leave their homes without supervision

i've seen so many absolutely fucktarded and near fatal things happen on the road and see them often

i would never want to be exposed and hard to see while driving here, in the past few months i have almost been t-boned by a van pulling out of a driveway and almost merged into by an 80 year old woman

stay safe user

>no argument
*filters past you*
*looks down at your cargo shorts*
(^oWo^) w-what i-is that b-bulge i s-s-s-see?
("\(.:...:.)/") *wheelies past you as the light turns green*
B-BAKA!!

been driving 10+ years in a state that has no texting/driving laws. (az)

i still choose to ride a motorcycle

Nah, I hate when people stare. The only people who actually look at bikes are other motorcyclists. I just like the high gas mileage and ease of use.

/thread

ty senpai

Ive met plenty of people on cruisers that are rude as fuck. They also don't wave at me on my super.

I'm in the south though so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Yeah man I feel like a fucken anime caracter BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Pretty sweet, but the tires look kinda wimpy with that motor/frame.

Did you weld it together yourself? I'm 'mirin over here.

>all those faggots riding without helmet/protective gear

For fucks sake, I don't want to be responsible for your brain matter splattered all over the road.

Such is life in Florida.

Some people are just dicks. I ride a sportster and I wave at pretty much everyone.

as a guy with a sport bike, cruisers are hit or miss for friendly towards me. i never wave at harleys unless they wave at me first cause 80% of the time i've waved first and they don't wave back so i gave up

unless we're in the twisties then everyone seems to pretty much wave at everyone on a 2 lane road

GS500.... my brother.

I'm 6'7 and I ride a suzuki sv650