I was told by someone that humans cant use their body fat as a reserve food source like other animals

I was told by someone that humans cant use their body fat as a reserve food source like other animals.

So under eating, lets say only eating 2/3 of recommended calories would lead to muscle loss, not fat loss. Is this true or did the guy have no idea what he was talking about ?

Pic related: Its around what my current body looks like.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he had no idea what he's talking about. how does anyone lose fat if that's true? stop looking for an easy way out and be hungry for once in your life.

How the fuck did this guy explain the mechanism of fat loss? He was aware that people can lose weight right? How the fuck did he think it happened?

That's like saying "it's cold outside, let's chop up and burn all of the chairs rather than burn this pile of firewood we have."
Source: Some asian doctor

Why would we collect fat then?
Eat enough protein and cut at no more than 500 calories below your TDEE while lifting, and you'll be good.

This pic is from 10 years ago...

Burning fat was different back then

laughably incorrect

According to that idiot theory, how has any human ever lost fat?

Anyway, if you eat at a deficit your body will use body fat for energy. If you're really huge and have doctors to watch over you, it's even possible to go months with only water and vitamins.

However, when you lose significant weight, some percentage of that weight will be muscle, no matter what. When you gain significant weight, some percentage of that weight will be muscle, no matter what.

Always eat plenty of protein and exercise to keep that percentage as low/high as possible. Cutting and bulking.

>mfw the law of conservation of energy and human evolution peaked in 2017

Calories are absorbed by Rippetoe in his quest for ever greater bulks, ever heavier low bar squats

op here: Im not "super big" but id consider myself fat. Im 6ft, 18 years and weigh 110KG.

I want to lose weight the fastest way possible.
Do you guys think i could get that weight down to 75-80 kg by the end of the year if i reduce my diet alot. 1 or 2 small meals a day . Took multivias and only drunk water.

with some exercises i can do without gym equipment. So running, biking, walking, pushups etc.

Could i get down to looking nice and have some abs/muscle showing by the end of the year. Is it possible ?

the longest period without eating was 382 days, the guy went from ~450lb down to ~180lb if I remember correctly, -0.72lb/day.
Of course he was taking supplements and being very carefully taken care of by doctors and nutritionists, and there was a bit of a refeeding process and some different adjustments made over the course of the fast to get his blood levels stable
He was able to walk around and live a normal life though, and he drank some calorie free drinks too

Like the vast majority of obese people you will probably set unrealistic goals, suffer for a couple of weeks then flame out and seek comfort in cookies.

If you don't, there are 40 weeks left this year. If you stay clean you can safely lose ~0.8 kg/week, then you'll weigh 75-80 kg by the end of the year.

Again, it's incredibly unlikely you'll be able to maintain that pace. It's absolutely impossible you'll be able to do anything more dramatic. "1 or 2 small meals a day" sounds like you're already on the wrong track.

If you are well over 17% bodyfat as a man you can easily drop 20lbs in a month by simply reducing your calories(follow the rapid fatloss handbook) and doing a basic calisthenics + increased activity workout plan.

Ive never tried to lose weight before. Its never been an issue for me.

Now that ive left school and am going into employment rather than uni its becoming an issue, fat is seen as lazy and majority of the time it is.

My diet is pretty bad, soda is my main drink not water and i eat a lot of fast food and big portions. I also never exercise as im currently working from a pc and mainly play video games or drink with friends in spare time.

I think i can do it.

Also another question: do vitamin supplements contain calories?

What if i cut beyond 500?

I just quickly used a BMI calculator.

Apparently its at 32.9 (18, male. 6ft, 110kg) So its pretty bad.

Russians starved some dogs to see what their bodies prioritized. See pic attached.

Get used to reading nutritional labels, you'll be doing it for everything you put in your mouth from now on.

So how much is too much, is there a site that shows that calorie value of foods like fruit and vege.

Also in the way of meat. Whats the meats for weight loss, or would cutting meat out of my diet all together be better ?

Anyone able to translate

Black bars are percentage of what was used. Description of columns in english is orderly presented in file name.

How much calories should i be consuming, 18, 6ft, male, not much physical activity.

Have a look at the file name. Order of words corresponds to bars on graph.

The fatter you are the easier you lose weight. Ease into it, start by only eating clean and cutting sugar, then start to reduce alories and get used to hunger, then get started at lifting if you want any muscles to show, and then you can start cardio if you feel that it helps loosing weight

Okay so not all at once, is there a reason for that ?

I think my body is holding me back, dating, jobs, activity etc.

Im moving to a new city at the end of next year. Kind of like a clean start for myself. So i want to hopefully be in good physical shape as well. :)

This way your weightloss should be managable and as constant as possible

Im not a weak person, i know people who have tried losing weight and failed time and time again.

As said in previous posts , in high school my weight never bothered me, i focused on being happy and passing exams, people didnt seem to care about weight at all.

Now im having issues getting dates, a job and various other tasks.

My home city is small and not many opportunities for growth, so ive decided to move at the end of this year//start of next year.

New city, new body, new job, new life. Thats my dream anyway. And im prepared to work as hard as i have to for it.

You'll lose more weight. But pull also be incredibly hungry and lose more muscle. Sets you up to cheat and fail, or look like a skeleton. 500-750 is a good number. Above 1000 is considered risky, and eating below 1200 total for a woman and 1500 total for a man is considered dangerous.

Where do you find out recommended calorie intake for man/woman.

Also do you think those weight loss programs that put you on a diet are worth it ?

You can do it all at once, but be honest, who would you consider going all out balls to walk right away? I know why, because you want results NOW. Well, that's the kind of mindset that makes many people fail their diets and revert back to old way. Make a plan with steps, and achieve each step at a time. Each victory will make you want more. It's easier to succeed that way. Its all about habits man.

Academic paper detailing said fast

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

The reason you don't want to go balls out from the start is, again, you're probably going to fail. The western world isn't full of fatties because they want to be, it's because executing this stuff is hard, even though it's so simple. Overestimate your willpower and you'll weigh 110kg at the end of the year. Stay within your limits and maybe you'll be 90 kg, not what you dreamed but a hell of a lot better than falling off the wagon.

The slow start is about the priorities, if you dont stop eating bad it wont do much to eat less, and lifting without a proper nutrition is helpful either. This will make it easier, once you managed your sugar addiction you can worry about the amount of food, this way you wont crave in and are less likely to give up. I brought 2 mates at around the same weight you have into the 80s, and they lost up to 2 kg in a week just by eating healthy, but as it slowed down they lost the motivation, thats why i reconmend going slowly into it so you keep at it till you reach your goal, not until the progress gets difficult

With that mind set, you might actually succeed. When you're laying in bed thinking about skipping the gym, or in your car after work thinking about stopping to get some fast food, remember all of those goals.

People like this piss me off much more than people who are just misinformed. I bet that piece of shit knew he was dead wrong but literally made shit up as he went along so he didn't seem like a dumbass to you.

>seriously hope he dies in a housefire

This is so wrong that it's ironic. The inverse is true. A significant evolutionary advantage of the human race is its ability to make use of fat-derived ketones to power the brain, reducing the need for protein-derived glucose in times of starvation. This allows a human to forage for months before critical organ systems are cannibalized for protein.

Trust me everybody can cave in, im going for single-digit bf right now and even i break down sometimes, this kind of mental strength and discipline is something you have to learn. You will cheat sone day, but you need to keep at it.
Also cutting sugar let to serious withdrawal for me at a weight of 80kg after my bulk, the first 2 weeks will be hard for you as sugar is your main issue

>30 BMI is really fucking big. You did not get that way overnight, or over summer. You have been grossly overeating for YEARS. You've made habits and neural pathways that are going to be really fucking hard to break, no matter how much you don't want to think of yourself as a "weak" person. Everything you've posted in this thread makes you look like another typical 1 month failure.

Fuck this I've been eating around 1500 with heavy exercise for a while now. Seeing great results. Don't be a pussy

yes i have been overeating for years. Ive been overweight for along as i can remember. Both my parents are morbidly obese and my entire family is fat.

Im not blaming them entirely for it but whats an 8 year old going to do, i didnt know portions and i cant exactly turn down the food.

I really want this so fucking bad. You guys know more about weight loss than me so i will take your advice and slowly cut down but i really think i might just be able to cut everything off and get into a good cycle.

You have no idea how bad i want this, seeing all my family and fat friends be held back by their weight and parents not be able to stand easily. It breaks my heart to know thats the path im on.

I want to rush it as ive already made arrangements to move to a new city and id rather not be overweight when i get there.

Start weight, How long, and current weight ?

Aim to lose bf%/20 percent of your weight per week for 3-4 months then take a month at maintenance then another 3-4 months. Based on your weight and height you will probably be cutting at more than 1000kcal below tdee for max fat loss. Going past rhe formula I gave will not lead to more fat loss, just more muscle loss. Keep in mind you will lose a bunch of water in the first week.

>talking out of my ass
LE POST

20% of weight per week ?????????

Yeah this

My TDEE @ 160 calls for a deficit caloric goal of 1634

>hungry skelly

Instant death, don't do it.

Drop the soda and switch to water. I bet you lose 10 pounds over a few weeks with just that change and nothing else.

>I was told by someone that humans cant use their body fat as a reserve food source like other animals.

do the world a favor and smother whoever said that. i seriously can't even

Yea i just finished my last bottle of cola, i was drinking around 2-3L a day of soda. Mainly coke and mtn dew.

Water for me, idk i will drink im used to having so much sugar and caffeine in my drink that i expect to feel like shit for a few weeks.

OP Here:

I decided that im just going to drop everything at once, lots of you guys said its not a good idea, only reason being that id quit after a few weeks.

I decided that i want this so bad im willing to feel like shit for a few weeks/months in order to achieve it.

So starting tomorrow i will cut down my portion sizes to recommended and only have 2/3 meals a day. Ill have something like brunch and dinner. and they will be smaller portions than before. Also cutting out all drinks apart from water.

I will also start going to walks, runs and bike rides and hopefully get myself a gym membership at some point.

Im going to look for work in the physical/labor areas so i can get more exercise in a day.

Im really committed to this and you guys gave me the facts i needed to balance my diet and cut soda out. I knew soda was bad but not this bad.

So i will post this thread again in a month or 2 stating my progress.

Thanks for the help guys ~~

>i was told by someone

someone is a liar, OP