Is this routine okay for a girl?

Is this routine okay for a girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBWalkingLunge.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Leg press is less comfy than regular squaring, and will cause you to fart all over the gym

>leg press

The guy locked out his knees at max weight. The consequences of having shit form is what is to be learned here.

oh my god
can that happen at low weights

If you are weak and an idiot.

Don't lock your knees.

no

now im scared to try the routine

What can I subsitute goodmornings with if I train in the evening?

Better than sitting on a couch, but not great.
Just get on Starting Strength, then come back here and ask about intermediate routines.

Goodnights will work fine for you

but im trying to get thicc

Do a beginner program like everyone else.

Actual differences between men and women:
Healthy fat distribution for hormone production, so your physique and diet and such are different.

Not significant differences:
Ultimate strength potential. Men on average are a stronger than women but the overlap between the two groups is very large (the strongest women are much much stronger than the average man). As such training is more or less identical, the exception can occur in heavily bodyweight dominated shit like gymnastics where differences in weight distribution due to physique affect how easy a movement is. This is not a significant factor in barbell training.

Reasonable advice: do SS like every other beginner ought to. You may find substituting dips for bench more difficult though.

Don't ever lock out knees on leg press and you will be safe.

However, if you want to replace it for more lunges like this one, it's alright to: exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/DBWalkingLunge.html

SS for women aesthetics are sketchy imo. This is mostly because you squat with too much frequency. It will lead to a relatively high leg/butt ratio which I don't recommend.

This is the routine I've made for my gf. She's getting much thiccer over a few months only.

It's the same volume as any beginner programs (~24reps for compounds), but since women can do more reps at same %RM, it's not 5x5, but 3x8, which is also quicker to do. Pic related from PPST 3rd Ed.

For accessory lifts (leg press, goodmornings, glutes iso, calf raises), all of this should be done focusing on get all the reps done nice and clean rather than increasing weights and struggling for reps. The first 3 exercises, though, should progress on weights weekly or bi-weekly, with the smallest increases available (usually 1-2kg).

She doesn't want maximal strength and big core and huge thighs and little too no ass.

She wants to look attractive and do a cardio bunny workout.
If actually gave three quarters of a fuck about her getting stronger instead of doing that trash program then you'd actually suggest that she lifts relatively heavily while doing those exercises.

>SS for women aesthetics are sketchy imo.
Then you aren't allowed an opinion anymore.
It's a beginner routine, not your lifting routine for life. Soon you'll move on to something with less squats and more pulls.
SS lets you do something technically easy (squat) while you drill the harder lifts (pulls).

>It will lead to a relatively high leg/butt ratio which I don't recommend.
This so much. If you added chin-ups and hip-thrusts every training session it, while leaving out power cleans and deadlifts, it could be a good routine, tho not optimal for getting the looks, because females will be able to do much more high intensity/high volume work than males, as Rippetoes acknowledges on his book, so SS would be sub-optimal...

>She wants to look attractive and do a cardio bunny workout.
Well, if that's her goal...
>remove lunges, do squats. too many scissoring forces on the knees.
>replace good mornings with romanian deads, again for safety in an idiot's hands
>fuck calf raises
>add a fuckton of cardio, including some jumps and sprints

I just do cardio and bodyweight.

Werks 4 me

>and little too no ass.
Start lifting or fuck off before I crush you with my might squat butt.

>it's bad for men! Le t-rex mode! All lower body no upper! Gyno!
>it's also bad for women!
Make up your fucking minds faggots.

Men and women look better when stronger, strength training should be the first stage of any aesthetics routine. Not only that, until you actually start growing some muscle you won't have any idea how your body will develop. It's like when skeltal or fatass male DYELs ask how to look like Arnie amd scoff at beginner routines, you probably aren't going to look like some random good looking person ever - you don't have the genes or whatever - but you can become good looking by lifting.

Also this.

Faster you get over the fuckarounitis the faster you'll progress.

I'm sorry....you're actually stating that fucking romanian deadlifts are safer then good mornings?
Neither of those are fucking safe OR 100% necessary.
Especially for a newb woman.
And lunges are superior to back squats when it comes to look and basic function for females. But you do want to shill the SQWATZ and DEDS thing don't you?
Fuck calf raises? Are you fucking retarded?

No, no. goddamnit everything you just said is motherfucking retarded on multiple fucking levels. I mean fucks sake (well if her goal isn't to be the strongest bitch in the gym then...). Seriously?

SS isn't the kind of beginner routine that any woman would follow.
Pushing it on them and telling them that they are fucking around or inferior or don't deserve to workout if they don't do it is faggotry of the highest order and why people who even mention SS IRL are instantly written off as pretentious faggots and losers. And to be honest most people in the gym can INSTANTLY tell who the fucking losers who're going to or are currently following babbys first powerlifting routines. They're the sketchy looking dweeby fucks and fuckettes who're all hardcore for 1-4 months before they injure themselves ego lifting or get bored and upset that they don't look like the natty curlbros/cardio bunnies who've put in long years of hardwork and leave and never return to the gym.

>SS is for LOSERS are you a LOSER
It's like talking to dweebs in highschool again. If you don't want to do it because you're too self conscious that's your business, but it's about the best intro to barbell training there is. It is not a PL specific routine either, nor is it a handegg routine, it is a beginner strength routine for using a barbell that will teach you the basics for any other barbell training (incl PL, olympic, bodybuilding or sports related shit) and get you decent lifts.

It's as good for women as men too. If OP wants to do barbell work it's p much the best place to start. OP doesn't have to do barbell work tho. It will give you a good deal of the bubble butt that your genes will allow too.

my reaction out loud watching this video

>"oh fuck whats going to happen-"
>"OOH FUCK, OH MY GOD"
>*click off*

I will never not post this in a girl thread

Judging by the pic it should be called starring lordosis

>Faster you get over the fuckarounitis the faster you'll progress.

You posted this shit then hopped on a high horse when I told you the plain cold truths of reality.

It's a barebones power lifting routine that doesn't get her what she wants in the end. Don't give me that bullshit about a strength base either.

It's for skinny already athletic highschool kids who've never heard of only the strongest shall survive.

Dude, there is less then no chance that the girl in that pic has EVER done that program or has done even three of the exercises listed.

>Veeky Forums is 1 person
Also, those 2 aren't even contradicting opinions fucktard. SS definitely focuses on lower body (which I don't mind), but a lower body focus doesn't mean it's fit for women who want aesthetics. It's too much leg work with little butt work.

>Judging by the pic
Why would you do that?

>It's a barebones power lifting routine
It's identical to a stripped down Reg Parks 5×5, which is a bodybuilding specific beginner routine. It includes cleans and OHP with a discussion of their application to sports movements. Both are typical in an A Football or Rugby routine. The lifts also prepare you for an olympic routine. It's an all rounder. You should try it DYEL, you have no reason not to.

I don't try it because I literaly built my own routines based on a basic understanding of how my body works after of years of training, reading hundreds of texts and articles on fitness and being an active country boy.

This routine is shit for an above average active person and is at best a toy routine for teen boys.

Be upfront with what it does. Don't pump it up to be something it isn't and pimp it out to people who don't want or need it. It cheapens it and lessens the entire damned board.

It's what Caladan would think is a 20/10 butt.

>I don't try it because I literaly built my own routines based on a basic understanding of how my body works after of years of training, reading hundreds of texts and articles on fitness and being an active country boy.
Are you strong? What's your squat?

>just got to wait for the guy to find out what a beginner squat weight is and a ridiculously high squat weight is and estat

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

I'm better than your bf