Who /keto/ here? Im about a month in and i cant get over how...."stable" i am. Mood, appetite, energy...

Who /keto/ here? Im about a month in and i cant get over how...."stable" i am. Mood, appetite, energy, my whole system is just calm.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/
cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>> low carb
> bacon
> sausage

What point are you trying to make?

What do you mean by this?

Bacon and sausage have no carbs what are you saying

I'm not keto but I try to restrict carbs to under 50g per day and focus on high fat high protein foods. I'm doing IF 16/8 and feel the same as you, very stable and content. Can't really explain it but yeah, reducing my carbs and eating more consciously has really helped me all around.

But why put yourself through the hell of ketogenesis for no reason OP?

>As long as you are on a calories deficit it doesn't particularly matter if you eat a lot of carbs or not
>you may lose 'weight' faster but it's just because you don't hold as much water or bloat because no carbs

both of these points are incorrect

They aren't tho

Yes they are. 2,000 calories of carbs is going to affect your body and your body fat differently that 2,000 calories of protein or fats.

You'll still lose weight eating 2k calories regardless if your TDEE is 2500.

Show your work.

I'm thinking about trying it. I mentioned to a friend of mine that I'm not much of a morning person and he recommended eating a fatty breakfast. Since I've started doing that I tend to get up earlier and feel happier and more energetic.

I don't know that there's a physiological reason for that, I just love eggs and bacon and look forward to eating that instead of the shitty oats and blueberries that I was having. I haven't missed a run or a workout in a month because I'm actually looking forward to breakfast for a change. I don't know about all the supposed benefits of keto, but having a diet that's high and fat sounds awesome.

OP here, the lack of morning grog is a real treat. I pretty well hop out of bed now.

low carb is only good for doing cardio I can run 40 min on keto and 20 on normal diet but bad for lifting and brain power

>I just love eggs and bacon and look forward to eating that instead of the shitty oats and blueberries that I was having

Dude ketosis preserves way more muscle tissue thanks to the excess fat

>low carb is only good for doing cardio
No, that's not what it's good for. Sure, it works. But most professionals who need a lot of endurance eat a lot of carbs for energy.

Except that low-fat diets are better at keeping LBM while losing fat. ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4033492/

>I can run 40 min on keto and 20 on normal diet

What's your normal diet like if keto doubles your endurance?

What did he mean by this

What's wrong? You like oats or something?

I belive the feel he was try to pass along was the shock of seeing such a post on fit
Fit who loves oatz and squatz

>trading a healthy breakfast of oats and blueberries for a plate of processed meat and eggs

black bread, candy, KFC
keto: pork, fish, eggs, walnuts

Yeah, it's almost like grains aren't meant to be the foundation of the human diet like dietitians keep telling us.

Anyone that even slightly considers himself fit should never be low carb.

If you just want to be low energy and look decent then that's OK though.

but humans ate them for the longest time

I think he's just retarded.

Why is low carb high fat bad for me user ?

But inflammation sucks bro

Confront any paleo, Keto, or meme diet advocate with actual peer reviewed studies and they literally just ignore it.

This is why the nutrition industry is filled with so much misinformation.

>thinks low carb only good for cardio
>His regular diet is garbage

Lol

If you could pack all of human history into one calendar year, we've only been farming and eating grains since yesterday. We've only been eating processed vegetable oils since 10 minutes ago.

Why the fuck keto.
Just why.
It's so fucking unnecessary

We ate meat and veggies for wayyyy longer than grains.

Tired of being hungry all the time bro

What's black bread?

d-delet...

p-paleo fags when will they learn...

Uh oh, it seems neither of you understood that study. It doesn't say low fat is better than than low carb. It says that they are both effective because of the increase in protein.

Atleast not refined grains. People are told to eat whole grains like oats and brown rice, not white bread or flour baked into cakes and pastries.

ppl collected and ate grains well before it was cultivate learn some history

My fat diabetic dad has been doing keto for the past couple months. He has lost about 30 pounds and has reduced his insulin usage drastically

Keto has its uses, but its not the miracle go to diet

I started keto even did not have any weight to lose ,
This shit is crazy ,
I NEVER Fart ,
really really rarely burp ,
my shit doesn't need wipping ( still do it but it's always white as a maiden's ass )

I can go retarded amount of time without eating and I doesn't even feel the "empty"/ " sharp" feeling in my stomach .

aka whole grain bread

Dude the fact is that Keto is generally unnecessary for losing weight. I'm tired of people implying it's MUCH more effective than just being at a deficit because it's not.

Enjoy your type 1 carcinogens op.

How the fuck can you be less hungry without carbs is the thing I'm trying to understand here.

wor me it worked keto diet I can run 40 min, normal diet only 20min

Did you only read the part of that study that supported your claim? And can you show me where it definitively backs up what you've said?

n=1

Are you seriously implying that your own anecdotal results are grounds for claiming Keto is a good diet?

Yeah been on keto for like 3 weeks now. Dropped 8 pounds already. I don't really have cravings anymore. The only thing I crave is the peanut butter I eat as both macros and a dessert. I fucking love peanut butter, It's the only carb I eat so naturally I have some trouble with craving it but it's not terrible.

I shit like once every 3 days and feel so different like my brains clear. Carbs are the devil dudes, unless youre gonna work your brains out one day there's literally no reason for carbs

wtf kind of bacon and sausage are you eating?

well it's the only point of keto , my body become super efficient at using the fat on my body , it rarely need outsiders except for micro-nutriments .

Fat is a denser and less inflammatory energy source, you don't get the blood sugar spikes and crashes associated with glucose.

Carbs are basically sugar in your body, cut sugar out your body uses your fat stores for energy.
user if you're above 4% bodyfat you can literally not eat with vitamins and broth for weeks or longer. Just check out dietdoctor

>I shit like once every 3 days
> Carbs are the devil dudes

Maybe if you ate more carbs (fiber) you could have regular bowel movements

Because carbs, more than any other macro, do not provide long-term satiety. Avoiding them allows you to escape the perpetual rise-and-fall of your glycemic index and the resulting cravings and lethargy

>Fat is a denser and less inflammatory energy source

How inflammatory is a sweet potato compared to a slice of bacon?

You can get a huge amount of fiber and still keep carbs low ( net carbs )

Cmon man that's processed meat. That's like comparing turkey breast to concentrated OJ

>Carbs are basically sugar in your body, cut sugar out your body uses your fat stores for energy.

I don't get how this retard logic has caught on so well.

If you start eating fat instead of sugar.... you use the fat you ate as energy. You don't eat fat and then your body ignores it and starts using your stored body fat immediately. Where the fuck do you think the fat you ate goes? If you eat at a deficit, whether it's mostly fat or carb, you lose weight.

When you eat mostly fat you don't need to shit much mr. phd

It's fair game from what I've seen in keto threads. Bacon's like the staple food of ketogenic diets.

I didn't say it was bad for you, just that it's impossible for athletes or even hobbyist athletes.

If you just want flat muscles and a six pack that makes girls look at you then keto is fine for that.

I am an amateur boxer and do a lot of Spartan race type of shit so keto is stupid for me.

Or you could just eat carbs that don't spike insulin levels like complex carbs?

I don't care if you dumbfucks do Keto, if you enjoy less strength, shitty brain function, low fiber diets that is fine. Just stop preaching like it's more effective than just eating less, Jesus the amount of autismo ITT is ridiculous

>he still thinks calories in calories out is true
oh ok user. im the retard

>Dropped 8 pounds of water already

FTFY

Did keto for a month. Lost about 10lbs water weight in first 14 days. After that it just stalled. Didn't feel a whole lot weaker but there was no explosive energy at all. Every rep had to be ground out. Probably won't bother with it again.

Try going on 2 different 1200 KCals ( for someone with a TDEE of maybe 2800) diet ,

Both fueled to the brim with micro

In one you'll make sure to hard spike your insulin with 100KCals of sugar every 2 hours.

During the other you'll do the same with 100 KCals of fat .

Now imagine that even " Low Gi food" are at least 40% as "insulin spiking" as "very high Gi food"

Hahaha yeah, I don't understand why people still believe that bowl of shit. Losing weight is not that simple.

I m just wondering how is glucose metabolized so differently from keton bodies

Keto, kale and stronglifts are the three current fitness fads that piss me off the most

That doesn't answer my question, and stop using phrases you don't understand like "insulin spiking"

Forgot to say, I ended up with angina and had to go to hospital. They said my cholesterol was way above normal. So much for all the 'healthy' fats I was having.

Yeah man, and I thought the "muscle confusion" meme was bad

>Spike your insulin but don't eat a a huge amount of kcals
>Body burn the sugar quickly but due to the insulin he is then unable to process fat .
>Meaning that instead of consuming 200 kcals of energy for your workout your body will only be able to make you use 100 kcals .

And NO , you're not "breaking muh law " , you'll just be unable to function at your full potential , .

Please cite sources*

cell.com/cell-metabolism/abstract/S1550-4131(15)00350-2

same amount of work done with half the calories
>we braking laws of fiziks here boys

Lmao this is too good

>he's burning twice as many calories as regular human bean

OMG boYs he's done it, his body has broken the laws of physics

>transcendent

Of courses those values are used as examples you retard ,

YOu'll not produce the same amount of work you retard ,

In the carb restricted one you'll be stronger , faster , and have an overall great workout .

In the other you'll be just a lethargic piece of shit that half ass his lift .

If you are an adult male and cannot run more than 20 minutes due to anything other than a broken leg, you have no business offering fitness advice

Running 20 minutes isn't being fit. It's being able to function at a basic level. A man should be able to push 1 hour of running no problem with less than a week of build up

>In the carb restricted one you'll be stronger , faster , and have an overall great workout .

And this will happen BECAUSE your body WILL be able to use your stored CALORIES

depends how fast the running is

>Bacon and sausage have no carbs
exactly

>low carb
>no carbs

Carbs are 4 kCal per gram
Fats are 9 kCal per gram

Fats take longer to digest in the body because they are more calorically dense so they keep you feeling fuller for longer. And also because carb inclusive diets can cause some people to experience blood glucose spikes which lead to cravings/hunger.

>In the carb restricted one you'll be stronger , faster , and have an overall great workout .

Holy shit, how retard are u m8? Does your car run without petrol too?

The user i replied to asked why u feel less hungry when not eating carbs. It's because they don't keep u satiated as long as fats or protein.

Feel free to keep ranting about keto though, all that sugar sure does work wonders getting u carbfags hyped up :^)

You are both thinking of his logic wrong. It's not that it's evidence that Keto will necessarily double your endurance, but I imagine his candy and KFC diet halves his normal endurance.

Enjoy losing all of your strength gains and having flat muscles due to no carbs :^)

A Petrol car can ONLY run on petrol

Now I magine a cars that could run on Petrol or potatoes , BUT if you input potatoes in the tank it'll be forced to use potatoes first and then it'll be unable to use the petrol for 2 hours .

But you'll need to drive for 3 hours and only added enough potatoes for an 1 hours ride .

Now imagine that instead of being 100% petrol use or 100% potatoes use , it's a spectrum that favor potatoes .

This may be my best food analogy

The anti-keto people always lose their shit and start calling names, so I'm inclined to think that YOU'RE the angry autists

You spent ~1 month at the start of your fitness journey browsing the sticky and half-ass reading about fitness, and since autists are afraid of change you vehemently fight - all the way to angry namecalling - anyone who suggests a change to what you think you know

Fuckit I'm trying keto

>I am an amateur boxer and do a lot of Spartan race type of shit so keto is stupid for me.

I completed a 3 month infantry officer course on keto. And that shit is way harder than any spartan race, because it lasts 3 months and you are sleep deprived for half of it

I performed better than most of the other candidates and always had more energy than the rest of the course. Plus when people were snapping at eachother due to the stress, my mood was even and relaxed

i can jog at a good pace for about 3 minutes :D

>I don't understand it, so others can't either
You're just dumb and angry