Why didn’t elrond throw isildor into the fire?

Why didn’t elrond throw isildor into the fire?

Other urls found in this thread:

smbc-comics.com/comic/2015-03-03
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oops fuck me this isn’t /tv/

I dunno, but you just know he spent the rest of his days up until Frodo did his thing wishing he had.

Will Tolkien’s story go down as one of the greatest european stories ever written? Or will he be forgotten

Because Melkor(PBUH) bring the fire to men, as such the Eruweak can't defeat the chosen people of the Atani. Fuck the noldor and the sindar, the Valinor belong to Ar-Pharazôn and the one true master of Arda Melko. The "gift" of men is just some shitty unfair curse by a castrated singer who can't handle true creation.

i believe so. he imagined it to be the mythology of Europe, and its influence is enormous.

It will, it basically defined the fantasy genre.

>murdering the king of your most powerful ally

>not murdering the king of your most powerful ally and telling everyone he tripped

>murdering someone else over the Ring
He was probably afraid that the Ring would take hold of him, too. It almost overtook Galadriel after all, and she's way stronger than him

Undoubtedly. Is essentially a linchpin of the fantasy genre, inspired by a mixture of European/Norse/Celtic mythology and traditional Catholic theology.

Isildur wasn't simply a "man" in the sense that we are men. He was a Numenorean born in Numenor. Numenoreans are closer to Greek heroes than men, they're all over six feet in height, extremely strong and can live for hundreds of years, the line of Isildur are the best of the best of the Numenor, so taller, stronger and longer lived than regular Numenoreans.

If Elrond tried to throw him in to the fire it would have been a crazy fight which could have ended in Isildur winning.

What makes you think he could? Isildur is damn tough.

Aren't elf just like numenorean but even better

Isildur was a virgin manlet. Elendil on the other hand was a towering 9 feet chad.
All shitposting aside though, the ring also greatly amplifies the wearer's power, which isn't really shown in the movies.

Don't forget, Isildur's got the One Ring, and Elrond at this point will have Vilya. The major purpose of the One is to give power over the weilders of the other rings, so even if they're not wearing them, Elrond is at a massive handicap.

Nah, the Numenoreans were fuckawesome forces of pure power and buttrape. When Ar-Pharazon decides to invade Valinor, all the Elves run and hide, and the Valar (Gandalf's bosses and similar to pagan gods) run crying to Illuvatar (Christian God with a capital G) to save them.

>tfw no twink Sauron bf
>tfw he lost his powers to shape shift and so we never saw a handsome qt Sauron

Why didn't the fellowship just put the ring into a small plastic bag and take turns in cumming into the bag so that when Sauron found the ring he would have to sift through the cumbag to get it and be really grossed out?

go away melkor

Do you have any pics of Sauron putting his hands into bags filled with cum and looking embarrassed, I just want to see it for a few laughs haha

>Manbeast Isildur + One Ring
>not ragdolling twink Elrond

and he had the fucking ring

Definitely.

A lot of the monster ideas and mythology in the Lord of the Rings were borrowed from folk tales from Britain and other European countries. What Tolkien did was basically combine all the "best bits" into one epic story that everyone could enjoy. Something like that had not really been done before.

*CoughKalavelaCough*

>Kalavela

I'll be honest, I've never heard of it but after a quick google search it seems the book mainly focuses on Finnish mythology? (if it's the right one I should be looking at) whereas Tolkien's work is a broad mix of European mythology.

That would be a serious violation of the diplomatic treaties existing between Rivendell and the Post-Numenorean human states. There was already serious issues in the alliance resulting from the wizard-gap between the two, and to do so would have been strategically foolish.

Yeah, that's it; the Kalavela is a concentration of a buncho f Finnish myths into a mostly coherent story.

But I would argue with the notion that Tolkien was using "European" mythology. He was working off of a very partially christianized Anglo-Saxon mythological model. You won't see anything from other parts of Europe in there.

It's garbage, the characters are paper thin

I was already getting worried that there won't be any edgy contrarian replies to that post.

That means it'll fit right in with most mythologies

Go away Veeky Forums, nobody wants to read your avant-garde folk stories that you wrote while backpacking through Cambodia with your androgynous uncle.

No they aren't. You're just a shitty reader with no eye for nuance. Can you, for instance, explain the primary factors behind Frodo's PTSD after destroying the ring?

most of the characters aren't humans so they don't necessarily have to be grimdark

It has more power over the strong. That's why the weakest must carry it.

elves are pussies

>over six feet in height
>impressive
Manlet detected.

Thanks to Peter Jackson it'll live on

Is all this in the Silmarillion?

Dangit why everyone having to tell me that book is a drag to read, the story sounds so awesome

>Dangit why everyone having to tell me that book is a drag to read, the story sounds so awesome
Just read it, you brainlet. Are you 14?

It's in Akallabeth. It's usually bundled with the Silmarillion, but it's technically a separate work.

smbc-comics.com/comic/2015-03-03

Isildur was stronger.
They were related.
They never actually went into the volcano in the books.
Elrond wasn’t even near Isildur in the books.

What's the opposite of humorous? Not just unfunny but like devoid of all that could be interpreted as comedy. Like a dark abyss where mirth can't even go to die because the laws of nature preclude its very existence in such a place. That's SMBC.

>They were related.
Very, very, VERY distantly

This is true, but I still read the comic anyway because there's interesting ideas in it sometimes.

It's probably exceeded only by Shakespeare in terms of influential english works.

That makes literally no sense.

I had that same thought.