After fixing my lordosis...

After fixing my lordosis, I gained roughly 2cm in height and went from being a suicidal 5' 11" manlet to the 6' master race.

I pretty much did the corrective exercises here:
exrx.net/Kinesiology/Posture.html

I was able to see results in two months.

Lordosis was making my OHPs painful. I think I had it worse than the average guy because I used to played video games for 16 hours a day every day for about 10 years.

Posture thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FTV6UCh-yhs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have no idea if my posture is good or bad. These pictures are so over exaggerated

Pic related, it's me on the right.

I'm so lazy... I just like to lift weights

you just did the corrective exercises listed specifically under lordosis and saw that much progress in 2 months?
defintiely intrigued, because i definitely have lordosis and feel like it negatively affects my height/aesthetics in general. also have lower back pain sometimes

This is why I still browse Veeky Forums
It used to be 1 on 5 thread was memeing, over the last 1-2 years, it has degraded, sometimes the whole catalog is about clothes and youtube wars and angry men venting against women and just shit.
But once every few weeks, there is a quality post, about actual workout/sports knowledge with solid resources.
Link saved, thank you user

Same. Also for the high test

Pretty much in the same boat here with the lordosis, except I haven't started to actively correct it. Also, did you actually do crunches? I thought that direct abdominal work could worsen hyperlordosis, or am I confusing it with something else?

are you serious though?

have the same problem with lordosis, and I can't seem to get it fixed. been at it for 6-7 months. no change, and I think it's geting worse

I'm doing planks/side planks every day to correct lordosis and it blows.

>have scoliosis
>squat and deadlift only builds one quad and one side of my back
>just kill me

ayy lmao

I have roto-scoliosis in my lower spine and it prevents me from preforming certain lower body exercises with proper form. It gets pretty bad at times. Every joint in both legs suffer from some kind of impingement. I just have to stick with machines and develop what I can with them to avoid really fuckin serious injury.

hell yeah, dude. this place has a lot of bullshit but you can always find a diamond in the rough if you browse often enough.

SELF IMPROVEMENT MOTHERFUCKERS

Came to learn about correcting Lordosis. Stayed for the motivation.

Lordosis is basically just the hips right? Looking at myself in the mirror my hips look straight, but I have pretty bad forward head posture and forward rounded shoulders. Anyone have anything to report on dealing with this?

Going to try out this for a while to see if it helps youtube.com/watch?v=FTV6UCh-yhs

Although I wonder if it will really make any difference if I still spend a lot of time on computers and video games. I'm also considering yoga, that should help posture a lot right?

When do you do these in relation to squats and deadlifts? I do them on the same day twice a week

Pic on the right is not even an exaggeration of what I look like. I hate it so much. Been trying to fix it for ages, but haven't seen much success. Think I'll try to double down on abdominal training.

>Go to chiro
>She says I have scoliosis
>Freak the FUCK out because I mixed up scoliosis with multiple sclerosis
>Realise my mistake, humiliation
>leave appointment and never return back to that chiropractor

I also have scoliosis.

Will it balance itself out after a while with proper squats and deadlifts? My doc just said to go to the gym and not overdo it with the weight....

I think I might have something like this

It will not be 100% fixed but it will be better.

Do the corrective exercises with higher intensity than what most YouTubers recommend or websites recommend. It's like pushups, if you do 10 everyday you won't see results.

It may be broscience but upping the intensity, length and frequency is what gave me results quickly. Do it till you're sore as fuck but not to the point of pain.

I have this, it fucking really sucks. I've been working on fixing my posture for the past two weeks.

OP here again,

I should add that I was doing these exercises in the middle of a SS routine and it made my gains a bit slower because I was sore in my abs and hip areas.

No more pain when doing the OHP and I've stopped sitting at my desk for so many hours a day and I've learned to practice sitting in the correct position like pic related.

You can do the wall test, stand at the back of a wall and see how many fingers you can place behind your lower back and neck. I've definitely saw improvements after two months and I can't place my fingers behind my lower back anymore. My forward head syndrome isn't fully corrected as yet but improvements have occurred there as well.

Yes. I believe the only thing you want to avoid is hamstring stretches according to the online research I did.

Trying adding more corrective exercises if you aren't seeing results quickly. It sounds stupid but I think the novice effect can apply to fixing posture in the same way a beginner can add weight to their compound lifts quickly.

Thanks I guess.

ExRx has corrective exercises for forward head posture but they're a bit embarrassing to do at the gym. Mine just naturally improved after doing the lordosis corrections but it's not perfect as yet. Didn't watch the video I'm mobile in a noisy area.

On off days, I was hitting the gym 7 days a week, my off days was purely dedicated to correcting my posture. You can find something that fits you. I'm a NEET so 7 days is nothing for me.

Nice

I'll take it as long as it doesn't fuck me up more

are posture pillows actually bad for your spine? i have a dxracer with the pillows and im wondering if i should take them off

How many sets and reps should I do for the Lordosis exercises? Im thinking the typical 10x3.

You mean the butt pillows? Never used them but try to sit like: with the pillow. Your spine needs to be supported in order to prevent posture related issues.

You can start with that, personally I was doing 5x5 for the machine exercises that used weights while trying to exercise at my heaviest, this may not work for you. You can also do to failure if you wish or a lighter set/rep workout if you want to keep your current routine consistent (if you're doing SS or 5x5, etc.). These exercises definitely affected my compound lifts progression but I don't do them anymore.

I started doing the exercise from that video about 2 month ago every single day. It's quite effective, but it won't help you with internally rotated shoulders, you'll have to add something else to handle that

how long should i be holding these stretches

just did this

holy fuck this is the best posture correcting exercise ive ever done

Guys I was working at fixing my posture too, I probably have lordosis but the thing is I have too much leg and too little everything else, should I skip these leg workouts and focus on upper body and abdominal works?

>should I skip these leg workouts and focus on upper body and abdominal works?
Continue leg workouts but add in additional abdominal works. Just avoid exercises that stretches the hamstrings excessively.