So I'm benching 100kg now and my chest still looks like absolute tits

So I'm benching 100kg now and my chest still looks like absolute tits.

Do I have to do some dumbbell chest exercises to even it out?

Other urls found in this thread:

suppversity.blogspot.ca/2011/07/suppversity-emg-series-musculus.html
youtube.com/watch?v=esQi683XR44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is 100kg your 1rm? or are you actually benching that weight for reps? It doesn't look that bad desu

Set an arch
Pull your shoulderblades together

Incline DB bench
Chest flies
Weighted dips (with angle)

Your form is probably dog shit.

Bench Pressing is literally terrible for chest fullness.. It barely does anything for physique.

DECLINE benches to fill out your lower chest
INCLINE to target upper chest
PUSHUPS (many variations) for overall fullness

CABLE FLIES of many angles to hit your weak points

benching is a literal stupid meme I have the same issue, it's a back/triceps exercise, chests just help.

Your focus should be heavily stretching the chest fibers

Sorry for not being clear, it's my 1rm

not really. If you're not doing incline bench then do it. In my case, ive added dumbbell and cable flies and my chest blasted into fullness within a month

Noted, thanks senpai

If it's your 1rm you're actually doing it right, it'll only become better and better, but as other anons said, definitely add some accessories (incline, decline, flys) But overall good stuf

How do you implement incline bench? Swap out with regular bench or add it after/before bench?

>Weighted dips (with angle)

Honestly you can do whatever you want.. I personally would do incline/decline before doing your flat bench simply because you'll have more blood flow to your chest which will increase its contractions during the flat bench (Which, as a reminder, IS NOT a chest exercise)

Doesnt matter when, but for now just add it after your regular bench. Start light then work your way up

Personally because I enjoy powerlifting, i'll bang out my heavy sets on flat bench (3x5) then move to incline DUMBELL bench (3x10)
Then decline bench (3x10)
Feel free to add other chest exercises you feel like doing on that day: Pushups, dips, flys, machine, single arm bench

i feel flat bench mostly in my arms and shoulders

What helped me was bringing the bar lower down my body almost below nipple-level

Otherwise get a bench with a slight decline to get that defined lower chest line, and incline for muscleshiled upper pecs

Thanks. I'm not OP though. My bench is only 66kg, but I'll start implementing incline too

Nice digits mate. What does Veeky Forums think of barbell floor presses? I`ve been doing them for a month after experiencing some shoulder pain and I have seen improvement in my chest.

If you are activating your last while benching, your form is shit. Keep your back flat on the bench (No arching) and bench with your chest. Using your lats while benching is shit form and it is cheating.

Yep, its a better chest exercise than bench

thats dumb. Lats is always part of benching, arch or no arch

Definition of butterface right there

DB Incline is better than BB Incline imo

Your advice will give people injury you fucking mongoloid, kill yourself.

Flat benching is great if you're a powerlifter.
Using dumbbells is much better for overall chest development.

Myself I very rarely do flat barbell press.
A staple of my chest routine is incline dumbbell presses.

Floor press is fun. If you frequently do it - it may be worth doing it in the rack or have someone assist getting it off the floor for the first rep / that shit can do a number on your shoulders

>full meme

In many people the front delts and triceps really take all the load off the chest in bench presses.

I recommend a lot of cable crossovers 10-12 reps.

t. chestlet

Chest is all genetics

My checked looked fuller than OP's chest at 1pl

Genetics are cruel, my calves are fucking huge and I never did anything to train them. Meanwhile I see calflets doing calf raises in the smiths machine all day long with no gains

Sure that's not gyno?

You are absolutely fucking retarded and I hope you snap both of your rotator cuffs

I fell for the "only free weights" meme

You're a moron, theres no such thing as free in this world

Free as in freedom, not as in free beer

freedom weights?

if the only thing that bother you it's the face you have a serious problem

'Murrica

you look like you bench 100kg. Its not that much. Check back when you get to 140, your chest will start looking more like a chest.

100 is the beginner faggot cutoff

Would still totally smash

I am a beginner desu, I started lifting in September with a 1 month break in December

>needing a break
kek. get out now, you're not dedicated enough. No breaks until you make it

I lift every other day except for December ;)

>
>you look like you bench 100kg. Its not that much. Check back when you get to 140, your chest will start looking more like a chest.
>
>100 is the beginner faggot cutoff
Oh man, quoted for realness.

>tfw no decline bench

what's your routine?

i can 5 rep 2pl8 but your core looks better imo

Unironically pecs-targeted dips work chest more than flat bench press...

And it also makes my chest feel like it's going to implode

if you're lifting baby weights, then sure, let's go ahead with your advice.
otherwise, good fucking luck with avoiding rotator cuff injury / shoulder impingement..!

and that's the reason why it works it more!

REMINDER that ITT you're all falling for the Decline press meme:

>The decline press is a rather useless exercise because the angle of the back in the decline position shortens the distance the bar can travel, decreasing the amount of work done by decreasing the range of motion. By decreasing the difficulty, the decline press increases the weight that can be used in the exercise, which in turn leads to inflated perceptions of one’s ability – it is essentially masturbation, much like that which is possible with a 30-degree leg press or a half-squat. The decline press gets recommended for its effects on the “lower pecs,” but dips perform this function much more effectively, while involving more muscle mass, more balance and coordination, and more nervous system activity, as discussed later. Declines are dangerous because if their point of contact on the lower sternum gets missed, the next stop is the throat. Couple this problem with a heavy weight and a lousy spotter, and you might have a really, really bad “chest” workout.

Source: Starting Strength 3rd edition, pag 677

>decreasing the amount of work done by decreasing the range of motion

It decreases the amount of work done by the shoulders. It doesn't decrease the load on the chest.

Its because barbell bench press is terrible muscle builder.

Incline dumbbell press and dumbbell/cable flyes is where it's at. You can feel the difference in the BURN. If it doesn't BURN LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER in your chest area then it's not hitting the chest as much as you would like.

Unless you have literally perfect benching form and technique you are probably feeling equal amount of stress on your triceps and shoulders as you do on your chest. It is great for strength gains but it doesn't even compare to isolation excercises

Weighted chest dips, pull overs, weighted push ups, incline dumbel bench. Thats all you need. Flat and decline bench are memes. Flies and cross overs are ok but the above is better IMO.

take another picture when you rep 3 plates

then compare

your chest looks small because 100kg is a very low weight (3 plates is also low, but not quite as much on a beginner level)

this is the worst shitpost ever

dumbbells aren't bad per-se, but to train chest safely with them is next to impossible... you will AT THE VERY LEAST need to use 70kg dumbbells

and handling 70+kg dumbbells by yourself is fucking nightmare.. this dumbbell approach basically turns your workout into a team-activity with you needing two guys just to put the dumbbells in your hands...

also enjoy permanently wearing elbow sleeves due to pain from the dumbbells twisting and rotating when you try to keep the 90kg bells stable

alternatively you could just barbell bench at 160-180kg for a massive chest, with minimal chance of injury and just needing one spotter

I'm still doing SL 5x5 with some of the assistance exercises like pullups and chinups

Fucking geniuses in this thread seriously.

Just do the barbell flat bench press using the maximum grip width allowable in powerlifting competitions (just as a reference) and that's how you can be sure to remove completely the triceps from the movement and have a 100% focus on pecs!!

height and weight?

How do I put 50kg on my back on weighted pushups without someone helping me?

180 cm
~86 kg

nice cope,

the only reason anyone would say/post this is because he/she/it is TOO EMBARRASED to let other people see how weak they are on barbell flat bench

Your chest isn't that bad. Just keep lifting.

lol guys just flat bench presses and thinks his chest will look good

i bench 80kg and my chest looks way better than yours, and for chest i only train for strength, i do 6 ets for bench, i warm up with some push ups, then i do 50kg bench, then i go to 70kg bench, then i do 3 sets with 80kg, i do 4 to 6 reps on all
>DECLINE benches to fill out your lower chest
study some anatomy for fuck sake! decline bench is a meme and it doesn't do shit, incline bench is also a meme but it hit more shoulders than regular bench, my "upper chest" is shit and i was doing incline bench only for 6 months and guess what, it didn't changed any thing on my pecs,

Your chest genetics are superior to mine then. Not a whole lot I can do about that

>study some anatomy

Study some EMG

I don't feel it on my chest with low reps but bump it up to 12 and by that final rep the area around my sternum is burning like a motherfucker.

I'm honestly surprised to see this many people down on the bench, pretty much every routine I see has it as one of the core lifts with squats, deads, etc.

I'll be sure to remember that when my ribs get ripped out of my sternum

>decline bench is bad

suppversity.blogspot.ca/2011/07/suppversity-emg-series-musculus.html

I can barely deadlift 100 kg 3 months into SS

how the fuck do you bench that amount? my bench is 62.5 3x5 atm

>3 plates is low
That's literally more than what 99% of people can bench.

Idk, I deadlift 145 kg

I started bench with the empty bar, skipped to 50 kg and been improving since that

You need to add some serious accessory work in there bro.

My chest looked like shit when I was benching 100kg for reps. That's when I decided to make some changes:

>Heavy fucking incline dumbbell bench after flat barbell bench 4 (heavy), 8 (medium), 12 (light)

>Heavy fucking weighted dips 4,8,12 again

>Heavy fucking lateral + front raises will allow you to smash out more chest work because your shoulders will give you the support you need

The changes have been simply mind-blowing. My chest has exploded, I'm benching 120kg for 3x5 and life is beautiful.

Stop listening to the faggots on this board.

how long did it take to go from 50kg to 100kg?

yes but still everybody expects to look top 1% when they lift beginner weights

doesn't quite compute

in a gym where people are serious 140kg bench is what the best girls/weakest boys lift

>in a gym where people are serious 140kg bench is what the best girls/weakest boys lift

Nuh uh, sorry hunnie, that just isn't the case sweetie.

Around 4 months

I'm in a uni gym, and I lift more than the kids doing sports degrees

The only dude who lifts more than me is a total bearmode dude who's also an army officer being sent to uni to do a security & law degree

The rest are kids doing curls all day or Asian foreign students doing 25 kg OHP

So many contrary views

then join a "gym" where there are people training for oly lifts and/or powerlifting

really strange to me this... let's say you aim to play soccer(or any sports) at a high level.. what do you do? you join a club in a suitable division and then work your way up the ranks.

want to lift weights at a high level? yeah, join your local weightlifting club, not some stupid McGym fitness center

in a weightlifting club nobody reven raises an eyebrow at a 140kg bench

Do you do pec dec? I think it gave me some volume on the sides of my chest.

I don't see why I would join a different gym when my uni gym is extremely cheap, has decent equipment, is conveniently located in the basement of the campus building etc.

I'm not lifting to become a competitive powerlifter so joining another gym seems pointless.

This. Deload, watch some form videos, focus on form for 2-3 weeks then start to ramp up intensity again WHILE HOLDING FORM.

Your butt should stay on the bench, you should feel the stretch in your pecs at the bottom of your rep. If you don't feel the stretch in your pecs on each rep, your form is wrong; most commonly, you're not pulling your scapulas together properly, which means you need to focus on your setup and hold your form better.

i lift at anytime fitness and makes me feel like a champ.

you shouldnt expect to be anywhere to close to 100kg bench in SS after only 3 months.

100kg is 1/2/3/4 tier: do you think you can really reach that in 3 months?

Everything here about upper/lower chest is fucking wrong and not supported by any trainer who understands anatomy.

The only thing that will help target your chest better than standard bench press (with proper form) is cable flies.

>i feel flat bench mostly in my arms and shoulders

Because your form is bad. Go watch some form videos on youtube.

Most commonly, people fail to squeeze their scapulas together, which creates an unstable base and means your delts/lats are being subject to unnecessary instability, which is why you don't get the pec stretch and you're not getting a fuller chest.

off topic, but those nudes are from Sarah Schneider, one of the old actresses/writers from college humor before they moved to LA. Look at the tattoo on pic related and look at the tattoo on that pic.

Gonna try cable flies but they look like a shoulder killer

This is stupid advice.

He doesn't need a trainer; 90% are retarded anyway.

He just needs to tape himself, compare it to a few form vids on youtube, and fix his form.

>chest still looks like absolute tits

no it doesn't
tits are big

Again, form is key.

It doesn't matter how much weight you're moving; if you're doing it wrong, you're not going to see results where you want them.

Watch form videos for every exercise, focus on form.

Here's my favorite bench press form vid. It covers just about everything, from equipment to setup to range of motion, and also covers WHY you need to hold key aspects of your form:
youtube.com/watch?v=esQi683XR44

Key Points:
>1. SQUEEZE YOUR SHOULDER BLADES TOGETHER (see 6:35 in vid)
>2. Proper bracing/breathing (see 6:52 in vid)

The first time I followed proper form on BP I had to deload 25% because it's honestly a lot of work to get the form right the first time you do it, and if you push yourself too fast your form will break down and you'll hurt yourself.

Do yourself a favor and learn to bench right, or you'll be kicking yourself down the road when you strain your support muscles, or god forbid tear a rotator cuff.

So did you expect solid square pecs when you call yourself a beginner too ?

I dont get this

99% of people dont actually train

Thx

Not at all, but I expected more than what people who bench 50kg have but I guess genetics are the major factor here

your pec is clearly sweeping on the side, people who bench 50 dont have that, they have auschwitz mode chest

I wish I had one of those dumb Pepe pictures saved just for you.

post erect penis, i need to assess your blood flow

>he doesn't save reaction images