Hey Veeky Forums. My gf has convinced me to get a dog. My only concern is how this might affect my gains...

Hey Veeky Forums. My gf has convinced me to get a dog. My only concern is how this might affect my gains? Anyone have experience lifting while having dog related responsibilities?
Are dogs gains goblins?

Yes.

Unconditional love gains. Mirin that cortisol level going down everytime u get home

Nigga just get some deranged psycho pitbull from the pound and train him to hate you, and then keep him unleashed in your house. The gains you get from having to subdue this nigga in order to stay alive every day night will be immeasurable.

Fuck. How can i protect my gains and raise this animal?

Dogs are MASSIVE gains goblins if you don't train them. It'll beg for and steal your chicken if not kept well.

Good for walking, solid calve gains

>How can i protect my gains and raise this animal?
>raise this animal?
LITERALLY RAISE IT
benchpressing dogs ftw

dogs are the best, seriously. mankind has not made itself worthy of dogs, they're unconditionally 100% lovable and loyal. they're also hella cute and fun

that being said, get a doggo that likes doing stuff, like a german shepard or a border collie

I got an english bulldog who I love to death, but he's super lazy and just wants to stay in and cuddle all the time. It makes it harder to get out of the sofa when you have a 50 lbs cuddly dogger snoring on your chest

>pitbull
>train him to hate you
that's redundant

I want to get a mastiff, but I'm afraid people will think I'm compensating for something by getting such a large dog

I'm getting a lab/ pitbull mix. Super cute and I'm hoping has medium energy for walks and hikes and stuff. While at the pet store I saw a hoody for that sized dog that said "squat team". should I cop it?

pic related

>he has a gf
>he thinks that it's the dog that's going to be the gains goblin

>putting clothes on dogs
I hate that shit. Buy one for yourself instead ya big bitch
aren't pitbulls and pittbull mixes known to be volatile and hostile? i don't claim that they are, I've just heard so

i think thats a nature/ nurture thing. every pitbull ive known has been super cuddly and playful. the problem is that dudes who wear goatees and wife beaters who want a bad ass dog go for pitbulls, and then do a shit job raising their animal.

Doggos are great. Even if you live in an apartment, the play responsibilities aren't that huge. I walk my doggo 4-5 miles a day because it's good for him and I kind of pimp him out to meet qt's on campus and we go for hikes once a week when the weather isn't shitty. Just do research into what breed you're looking to get

Don't get a lazy dog, pic related

I badly want a dog but my job takes up 45-50 hours a week, add gym and running time and I'm barely at home. I feel like that would be unfair to the pupper.
I just want a medium sized shelter dog like my ex used to have.

you can run with doggo though

Kek,
holy shit

I got a puppy in November and it hasn't been a gains goblin. But we did have an older dog so she spends a lot of her time playing with her.
If anything I've been more active since we got the puppy
>waking up at the same time every morning to feed her
>taking her for walks
>having to fill in holes in the backyard that her and the other dog dig
>preparing the lawn to plant new grass after they destroyed the lawn during the winter

Plus I can relax better when they are sleeping and I can pet them

But what about the other 8-10 hours a day when they're alone in my little apartment?
Probably better than shelter life I guess.

if this is your situation, don't get a dog. Unless you can take it to work of course

I adopted my dog from my sister, who worked constantly when he was a puppy. He got dog "depression" from it and is constantly anxious and clingy. Small dogs shouldn't be left alone, it scars them

how are Great Danes? I've only ever owned border collies before and I think I would like to get a lazy-ish doggo that I can take on jogs 3 days a week instead of being required to take them out twice a day on a four wheeler just so they don't destroy your house from boredom

Honestly the only people who think pets of any sort are gains goblins are those who aren't mentally strong enough to care for another living creature

they're great

Yeah that's what I figured. Goddamnit I want a dog so bad. It was perfect when I was living with my ex because we both worked a ton but our hours only halfway overlapped, so Bruno got plenty of time with someone to play and run with. Now that we've broken up she had to send him to live with her parents and I can't get a dog of my own in good conscience.

My dog gets cold though and and my mum made him a coat out of an old blanket and he loves it.

>they're great

That's adorable, get it

sounds real cute, do you have a picture of that

You'll experience love and loyalty your GF could never give you. Thus defeating the REAL gains goblin.

Can see it a bit under the blanket we put on him as he gets quite cold

:3 is that a boston terrier? I want to pet your dog user

I'm the poster above you, I work from home but both dogs sleep all day. The older dog is my girlfriends and since I met her 2 years ago the dog has never been in a crate. I still crate the puppy since she's 6 months old and has burst of energy and wants to chew on anything so I don't trust her yet. Before I let her out about every two hours but noe that she's older i just let her out on my lunch and put her back in until I'm done with work. Sometimes she doesn't even want to get up when I let her out of she's mid nap. The older dog sleeps all day as well. They start to get active 10 minutes before they eat. Just don't get a young puppy if no one is there to take it out every few hours. Otherwise don't feel bad for leaving them for 8 or 9 hours.

French bulldog actually, he is very cuddly and loves being petted by everyone

ding ding ding

Yeah I agree. She was a gains goblin the first week I got her because she would cry in her crate but after I got her crate trained she was fine. The only other time she was a gains goblin was because she had a uti infection so she would wake me up every few hours needing to pee and i would have to clean her crate so i was too exhausted to do anything after work for a day or two until her meds kicked in and she could sleep through the entire night.

My old roommate got a puppy and he acted like it was the end of the world even though me and the other roommate took more time to play with his dog then he did.

her urinary track infection got an infection?
who won?

Don't be so insecure and just get a big fucking dog
I

Again, get a more active dog

My dog bros steal tons of my time but at least force a lot of cardio. Also basically staying with my GF at this point for the sake of the doggos.

mastiffs are great, lazy as fuck and eat a lot though.

And I usually say it atm machines and pin numbers. Don't be a sperg.

>And I usually say it atm machines and pin numbers.
people don't normally do this,
you're the sperg for doing this and getting defensive when people point it out.

That's a good looking greyhound user.

Get swole enough and the dog won't look as big.

I never think people are over compensating when they get a large dog. Dogs are awesome pets, esp large dogs like that or great danes since they're gentle giants. Maybe you'd be over compensating if you got an aggressive pit or something.

depends on the dog T B H

some dogs require more exercise, some are lazy as fuck and sleep all day (like english bulldogs).

Also it depends if you live in a rural place or a big city.

I grew up in a rural town and I would just let my dog run around the yard (fenced in) a couple hours a day. I didn't have to supervise him and he was calm and relaxed when he'd come back in.

Now that I live in the city though I walk my dog for an hour a day. He's a siberian husky though so he needs more exercise than most. It's not that bad. Put on some POWERFUl JOE ROGAN to listen to while you walk

>on a 1-year internship
>haven't seen the family dog for 9.5 months
>that feel

I'm also jonesing super hard for dog cuddles, fuark.

does anyone have the pic of the guy that created a workout for his cat?

she's anchoring you down with it...

this, dogs are good reminders to get your cardio in

dont get a super inbred breed like chocolate labs. it'll only hurt more in the end when they start getting sick and that'll really kill your gains.
>dogs life expectancy is 8-10 years
>she's turning 12 in july
:(

>want Irish Wolfhound
>can't take only having a dog that lives just 37 seconds
Why can't big dogs have big lifespans? I want a dog that can be passed down through generations of the family, not the other way around!

Is that a boxer?

The one on the left is my Carr Corso Italiano.
He weighs 53 kilos.
He's a lazy fuck that likes to sleep all day but if you want to go run he can run for hours.
Plus you can tie your car to him and he'll pull it down the road.

Cane Corso Italiano*

no, english bulldog :3
same dog as

Doggo is excellent for gains. Improved mental stability and discipline from having doggo will mean you can take a more rigorous regimen.

100% this. Enjoy five times the guilt when you try to leave.

OP it depends what you count as gains. If you spend all your time at the gym, and then at work I would avoid it.
But man, dogs are the best. Got myself a mountain dog, so we go on runs every other day when I have off days 3-5 miles. Then weekends we go on hikes. Sometimes if I have time before work I take him on a morning run too.
Mainly do boxing training, so most of my conditioning is cardio so it works out perfectly.

I believe that if I had adopted a doggo 2 months ago my gf wouldnt have broken with me. I wish you and your doggos good luck.

I want a beagle :( small enough to cuddle and have plenty of energy for fetching at a park ughhhh

>tfw my dog of 15 years got put down last month
>tfw haven't cried yet
>felt really sad on the day but was happy that he got put down because he was extremely ill

is this normal, selfish, sadistic?

I need help Veeky Forums

A girl I met on tinder that I know is into hookups just asked me what id want to do if we hung out

What do I say that isn't too forward OR too beta?

Ask if she'd fug your doggo.

it will hit you soon enough and you'll cry like a baby. It happened to me when it was a year from the day my doggo died. I started thinking about him and how much I missed petting him being silly and such. He was my best friend, I could see reflected a lot of me on him, we grew up together. The memories hit me hard and I ended up weeping.

So yeah, just cry user, let it all out

man fuark brah i have so many nice memories with my dog, even typing this is a little hard on the eye fluids. like you i grew up with him, got him 15 years ago when i was 7. it sucks man. wtf.

get that shit right now nigger

this

its fine man, he'll always live in your memories and dreams. He taught you a lot about life just by being your friend, he started as a pupper but grow old and wise faster than you. It was exactly the same for me, got him when I was 7 years old, he died when he was 3 months away from turning 15.
His last summer alive we went to the sea and I remember going to a lonely beach to see the sunset with him, just the two of us. I'd sat on the sand and he would too, a few meters away like keeping watch of me. I'd look at him sometimes and encounter his eyes and I nodded to him smiling and he started sniffing the salty air of the beach. Back home he'd sit near me the same way while I was studying for my calculus finals and I always asked him for help with some exercise. I'd read it to him and try to explain him my ideas on how to solve it. And many times just by looking at each other the solution would clic on my head.

That doggo was your best friend, too. Honour him by enjoying life as he taught you to.

Question: do good dogs go to heaven?

yes, all of them

How to raise a dog.

>Make sure it gets food/water 1-2 times a day or just fill it up when you walk by

>Let dog out to poop when it barks at the door.

>Make sure dogger stays outta road/Don't be a dick to dogger

>You have raised a dogger

Do you have a lawn. Can you just let dogger out or do you live in one of those TV places where you have to follow the dog around with a poopy bag n stuff.

I don't think people are compensating. I just assume it's for safety reasons. If you walk outside with a huge pitbull or rotweiller, no nigger or rapefugee is going to fuck with you. I'd get one myself but i don't have time to take care of a pet

No, people will be like OMG thats a cool fucking dog.

You have to carry a poopy bag for your doggo to places where I live, but i've seen people late at night who do not follow this so doggos just poop freely and the pedestrians surf on doggo's poop.

I hate dog owners who don't pick up their dog's shit
It's fucking disgusting and mad unhygienic, I don't want my streets to be India tier

My grandma used to always get grayhounds that were retired from racing. You would let them out of the house and they would just start sprinting around like a damned cheetah.

I second this. I got a hound to hunt, trek, and trail run with me. Trained him to run without a leash beside me. He keeps me accountable to cardio considering I'd feel guilty for not taking him out to the trails. If you're single, it also makes it TOO easy to meet like-minded girls. Makes for a dating screening tool that's better than any dating site profile algorithm. Took him to an off leash nature reserve in town and managed to meet my fiancé during a snow storm. If she was dedicated enough to take her pupper out in that weather, she was dedicated enough to not be a trashy tinder meet-up.
Pic related. Beagle-harrier mix.

He carries my phone while I listen to Bluetooth headphones on runs to keep hands free.

I saw that pic and felt a sense of longing, happiness that a place like that exists out there ,and a slight erection when I thought about laying pipe(semi consensually of course)to a thick married woman who I would meat at a local gym.

Nothing quite like entering the welcoming warmth of a wood fired cabin after a cold day of chopping wood to find the cabin wench cooking stew made from yesterday's quarry tracked by your faithful battle hound. Then taking her to the loft to test the structural integrity of the rafters, followed by a long smoke from the pipe while reading by kerosene lantern light.

you fucking faggot, doggo IS gains. kys you dont deserve a dog

Good lookin blue tick

That's awesome

>Nothing quite like entering the welcoming warmth of a wood fired cabin after a cold day of chopping wood to find the cabin wench cooking stew made from yesterday's quarry tracked by your faithful battle hound. Then taking her to the loft to test the structural integrity of the rafters, followed by a long smoke from the pipe while reading by kerosene lantern light.
>posting half naked body together with that text
yo I like your dogs and your cabin but you should relax some

Did I give you a half chub and make you question some things?

no you gave me second hand autism

Cabin guy was clearly touching himself when he wrote that. Peanut butter is probably just out of frame in that picture of his dog.

Fellas. I'm self sufficient. I boil pine tar for the reward-based canine fellatio. Casuals.

exactly. my rents got a mastiff after a break in around our neighborhood. the dog grew up without me living there so doesnt really like me. honestly she scares the crap outta me, must be 160 lb of explosive doggo.

one thing to remember is that the big dogs bred for protection are a bit more guarded than regular dogs, wont be as friendly with strangers, wont really like being touched around the face/head area.

>Not lifting for doggos

this

Any tips for running with doggo? I want to take mine to the park but I'm afraid 3 miles running on the path will hurt his feet.

This

Unless he's under 6 months old it's OK running on concrete as long as it's not ridiculous temperatures out.
You should get the dog used to concrete to garden it's feet.