Anyone here go to the gym without a gym bro? I went today by myself and it was boring and awkward as fuck

Anyone here go to the gym without a gym bro? I went today by myself and it was boring and awkward as fuck

Anything outside your regular routine will feel weird. I always go alone so its weird when i work out with someone. Having to change my routine, having to wait for someone else, all of that is so infuriating to me.

I always go alone

I find it awkward as fuck between sets when I'm not waiting for a gym bro to do his set after me

Just get homo and look at yourself in the mirror

Almost always go alone, just gotta blast some tunes and go for it. If you don't enjoy just lifting then you won't make it in the long run 2bh.

I don't go alone ever because the gyms too far away and I don't have a vehicle so I can only go when my friends going and he'll pick me up on the way

Fucking newbies worrying what people are thinking.

Working out solo is GOAT. My routine, my time, my weight.

this

>If you don't enjoy just lifting then you won't make it in the long run 2bh

Thats bullshit tho. You think people enjoy going to work? Some might, and I'm sure many enjoy lifting too, but not liking a thing doesn't mean you don't do it.

Stop being a sperg and just do your thing. Nobody gives a shit if you're working out alone or not.

Most of the time yeah. Just bring headphones and blast music. Get a stranger to spot you if you're not feeling great about your lifts that day.

I always go alone and have genuinely never spoken to anyone at the gym. Why would I? I am there to do my thing, I don't give a fuck what anyone else is doing.

But you have to go to work to not have a shit life, but I could quit the gym and almost nothing would change. You'll burn out if you don't like what you're doing and at the end of the day that's just a waste of time.

The only way to make it is to love it

I always go alone and always fuck up that last rep and someone I don't know has to come over and spot me.

I should just bench in the power rack or replace it with dips desu

This is correct. If you lose interest when your friend can't make it then you'll just slowly stop going

That being said going with a friend occasionally can be great, except I usually don't get as good a workout because he won't STOP TALKING WHEN I'M TRYING TO LIFT

If you don't actually enjoy lifting you won't make it to the heights of your potential.

I've been lifting for 5 years and I've never particularly enjoyed it. I enjoy the fuck out of the results for sure, but the act itself is pretty boring. To say someone will eventually just give up because they don't like it, is just plain wrong.

Can't you ride a bicycle there? That'd be your warm-up.

when i go with my gymbro its always

>im half way through my exercises
>hes already finished
>how long till you finish user
Im trying to push him into being more intense but he seems to stagnate on weights a bit.

He has more stress and kid, less sleep so it might be the issue.

but its good to have spotter on bench once in a while

Me i hate lifting with other people because then they always slow you down and you have to fit to their schedule

However i've had an old fwb hit me up to go with me and she likes it up the arse so reconsidering

You're a faggot bro, just stfu and kys.

Here's your (you)

>I cant maintain doing anything I dislike so others must be incapable of doing so

Didn't realize Veeky Forums was this retarded.

You must be new here

Wtf is so hard to believe about Thats pretty much how i feel. Retards

I've done both
>go to gym with bro:
>good mood, can push each other, can give each other advice on form
>go to gym alone:
>can do exactly the exercises you want, full control of routine, never distracted by conversations

pros and cons.

g

I usually work out alone, but before I went a few times with a friend.
He told me to do certain lifts in retarded ways that would easily lead to injury, kept touching me on the muscles I should activate, didn't spot properly, gave unsolicited advice to other people, and took way too many pics of himself while flexing. He also skips leg day and once posted a pic of a barbell with 6pl8s saying that he deadlifted it, which I don't believe.
I work out alone now.