Since there's no info about this on the sticky, I would like to hear experiences of Veeky Forumsizens

Since there's no info about this on the sticky, I would like to hear experiences of Veeky Forumsizens.

On your weight drop progress did you experience weight plateaus and how did you overcome them?

Yes

I figured I was overestimating my cardio and then eating too much. I stopped counting it in myfitnesspal and therefore my caloric deficit was greater

I would not concider that a plateau. It was just miscalculation

Whenever I plateau I just change something up

If I'm not doing cardio? Add it.

If I am doing cardio? stop it and reduce intake

Eating 3 meals a day? go on a strict IF regimine

I find changing up your routine every month helps avoid plateaus and keeps things more interesting and fresh in the mind

Change your routine a little bit. Do a little more cardio, or reduce your intake a little bit. The first time I lost a lot of weight I started biking once in a while when I wasn't losing more weight. I think I might be plateauing again now, so I might actually need to change something in mine.

I never plateaued while using a fit bit back when they were notorious for under reporting. Dumped 130lbs over the course of a year, posting on fit like mad. Most of that weight loss was without gym access too. Did mofo p90 (Not even p90x) / walk the dog 3x a day and at some point started tabata in addition.

I do remember having to change the way I was eating to be less and less add I list weight though. My tdee started dumping as I both list weight and got more fit which made my resting heart rate lower. I definitely had periods of slower progress while I was re-figuring out diet.

>going to the beach just to be on your phone

I hate this earth

The beach is boring AF. I live less than 10 miles from the ocean and never go to the beach.

Only if you don't adjust your TDEE figures regularly - I do it about every 5kg. Someone going into the vey low bf% (

This. The beach is an overly packed meme if you aren't surfing or cruising chicks. Go cliff diving if you're looking for fun. Much more isolated, better swimming spots, and jumping 30-50 feet into the water can be fucking great.

Ok, so don't go to the beach. But if you are gonna go, why lay there and stare at your phone? Why not swim, hike, enjoy the scenery, etc.? You can't honestly defend staring at a smartphone as being the best option.

Right? Enjoy having cataracts at fucking 25 years old. But most people go to the beach to tan and lay around. Which I find stupid because you can get a tan while doing shit outside too, and you'll have way more fun.

If I plateaued over a 3 days average I'd have one day where I would eat at maintenance and then return to my previous caloric deficit.

If I still plateaued for 3 days after that I'd drop my calories further.

I wasn't cutting much weight, just dropping my bf% from about 18% to ~13% before I started a new lean bulk and changed programs.

if your calorie deficit is a consistently, extremely low amount though, are you truly going to plateau though? I can see weight loss tapering off but not halting

reason I ask is because I'm consuming 800 calories a day, mild cardio of at least 2 miles a day, at 5'10, 146 lbs. I dropped fifteen over a month and half doing this. I know thats a remarkably low deficit, is that ultimately the solution to plateauing?

If that worked for you great, but in no way was the maintenance calories necessary. You only slowed your progress

Depends is death a solution to plateauing? You have a dangerous eating disorder

There's some evidence that refeeds are a thing which reduce water retention plateaus.

yes i did. refeed/cheat day once or twice per 14 days helped me. don't know why, but it helped.

Maybe she's texting friends trying to meet up with her? Maybe it's a work related email she's responding to? Maybe she's fucking killing candy crush? The point is who cares?

>On your weight drop progress did you experience weight plateaus and how did you overcome them?
Weight loss plateous are caused, 100% of the time, by bad math.

If you're not losing weight you're either overestimating your TTDE or subestimating your caloric intake.

You can't plateou weight loss without miscalculating.

If you eat very little, you'll invariably lose lean mass while losing weight, which will also contribute to lowering your TDEE.

Also, disregard initial progress. As your body first adapts to a new diet, you'll see heavy fluctuations on your water weight. It should stabilize a month or two later. Either way, never take a daily weight too seriously, it's better to make a graph if you can, then you can see the direction the weight is going without all the noise of the daily fluctuations.

Anyway, at 800 Calories per day, you're eating so little that your body will have no choice but to burn muscle for Calories. At your height you'd have to eat around 2000 Calories just to maintain your weight (which sounds right, roughly 15 lbs of fat would be a 1.200 Calories deficit a day for a period of 45 days). Losing muscle means you'll also make your TDEE lower, which means that your deficit will become smaller as time goes on and your weight loss will slow down.

Still, if you can maintain 800 Calories and you just want to be a stick ASAP, then it'll work, I guess. But you'll have to work out a lot later to make up for the lean mass you lost.

>5'10, 146 lbs
Why are you trying to lose weight?

You're pretty much a skelly already. You need to slightly overeat while working out hard.

There's no such thing a bodyfat plateau

You can lose fat until deathly low levels

You can gain fat until deathly high levels

If I could control your calorie intake like I control my dogs I could show you this and make you go from 50% bodyfat to 5% bodyfat and then take you back up and down again over and over to prove to you it's all in having strict specific calorie intake

nicely put, Veeky Forumszen

its not quite this easy though.. You would be 100% correct if you said you could take some dude and get him from 300 pounds to 160 pounds and back to 300 pounds

the thing with dieting down to 5% body fat though is that... well, basically it can't be done naturally without losing almost all your muscle mass and strength