So Veeky Forums, why are weighted dips frowned upon? Or is the hate for weighted dips just a meme spammed endlessly...

So Veeky Forums, why are weighted dips frowned upon? Or is the hate for weighted dips just a meme spammed endlessly? They seem like a great exercise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RV-G0JkkA1w
instagram.com/p/BPvPqTVh_q6/?taken-by=functionalpatterns
imgur.com/a/eoIYL
healthyeating.sfgate.com/much-megadose-vitamin-d-6034.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Idk about this but even assisted dips hurt my brittle feminine wrists. I'll never make it bruhs ;_;

>why are weighted dips frowned upon
They aren't, they are even featured in SS.

Your form might be off. I used to do them with shitty form and they put a ton of pressure on my collar bone and shoulders. Once I fixed the situation I started to feel it a lot more in my chest and triceps.

>tfw wristlet as well

I'd do some bodyweight dips to round out a chest workout but I don't see any value in hitting my lower chest so much. When you get gud ar benching you can move far more weight and hit the whole chest much harder. Weighted dips at best hit your lower pec abnormally hard. The exception would be if you do guillotine press + weighted dips. This is a competitive alt to heavy bb bp.

dips are terrible exercise
our arms reciprocate in functional movement
youtube.com/watch?v=RV-G0JkkA1w

>bench dips

shoo shoo gains goblin

They are not frowned upon, certainly not on Veeky Forums. They are featured in SS and Greyskull and were always considered a great way to build chest and triceps. If you re talking about fedora memes, it's just a meme based on a word play weighted (fat guy) dips (tips fedora). Protip: never be seriously concerned about Veeky Forums opinion on anything, especially if you havent spent couple of years lurking and cant tell a meme from an honest opinion. If you do that you'll end up like that vitamin D kid, or that 'bodyweight' squat guy, or that GOMAD with no food guy.

>tfw fat and can only do 2 dips
>do a bunch of negatives after and look like a bitch in front of everyone

Just keep at it, you will improve over time

are you trying to say your shoulders do not use same ROM? you are an idiot if you do not see correlation

Do you have any reason why dips should be used to train humans that evolved to sprint and throw upright? or just more fear to spew because somebody has challenged your indoctrinations that have no ground to stand upon

Suggestions on making a dip bar? I'm homegym masterrace and too cheap to buy a station

what do you guys think of using a grip where your wrists are turned out so you can flair your elbows better for chest dips?

Center of gravity and forearm angle is different in bar dips, as well as degree of wrist rotation. If bar dips (even with proper bar width for individual) are snap city, then so are tricep pushdowns, which Im sure youre fine with.

>If you do that you'll end up like that vitamin D kid, or that 'bodyweight' squat guy, or that GOMAD with no food guy.
Each one made me laugh harder, I'm a terrible person. My god the supidity tho.

Get rings. More versatile. The instability thing is a very minor issue.

No, i dont do any traditional lifting because I focus on things that are relevant to humans
like gait and throwing mechanics
Do all the dips you want man, then when you inevitably fuck up your shoulders check the channel i shared for help

I second this. If you can bench your bodyweighg you should be strong enough to rep out ring dips. They feel great.

If you fuck up, you fuck up bad. Snapped up shoulders are only surpassed in shitness by snapped up spine.

They shouldn't be.

That being said many people can't do them without injury due to their build, and can crack their sternum. Other people are just retarded and think this is any more dangerous than bench because if you use poor form it's easy to snap your shit up.

instagram.com/p/BPvPqTVh_q6/?taken-by=functionalpatterns
I bet you would die trying this

>muh functional strength
>muh lifting is bad
>fucking dyel manlet thinking he's hot shit for controlling the momentum of a 10kg toy club

pic related is the only batting I do

it's the fedora of exercises
>oh no, I don't in fact bench press
>you see, instead I perform weighted dips, as they give me superior ROM and a more natural movement pattern, for a functional physique

I've literally never heard anyone badtalk dips, not even on Veeky Forums. Personally I love weighted dips.

If I had to choose I'd choose weighted dips over bench press. I bench 2 plate for reps in case it matters.

But I bench press as well

It's one guy making the same thread that only says ">weighted dips" and pic related as the OP image

>that vid

lmao who gives a shit, take your No Gains™ routines and go home. you're actually worse than crossfitters.

we're talking about dips on a dip station like in OP's pic, not on the ground with a bench behind you

It's a meme you dip

I actually have seen some fedoras that only did standing barbell presses and dips though, I guess bench press was too much of a "normie" exercise.

>Bench stalled out at 185lbs
>Decide to try weighted dips for a while to see how well they work
>Hit bench again after 3 weeks and smash 235lbs for reps
But yeah go right ahead and skip over a perfectly good excerise and guzzling cum you immense faggot

Holy shit, I've been doing them facing in towards the station. Fuck. Why didn't any of the trainers tell me i was being retarded? It makes sense now the way they're angled. I'm cringing.

People that actually lift weights like based Iron Sheik and based Joe Rogan can do persian clubs just fine, and they're actually strong because they do actual weightlifing, you shitty DYEL bargain bin knockoff crossfitter faggot.

dips are the easiest shit. i could do them when i was 4. weighted dips are even better

cant believe the dyels on this board

It doesn't matter whether you face it or not if the bars are straight

They aren't. I always thought it was weird. But the vertical handles looked like they'd get in the way. Shit man. I'm doing 10kg with my arms flaired out like an idiot.

Honestly, heavy weight dips aren't worth it when you consider the risk of injuring your sternum. I stay away from the personally.

t. cumstarved gigacuck

literally same thing happened with me. Couldnt break 205, switched to dips and dumbbell press for a bit. Came back and did 2 plates easy

Serious question guys how the fuck do you feel it in your chest weighted dips I feel my triceps workin hard but and a small tiny tingle in my lower chest that's it I don't know how you guys hitting uppper

>tfw no dip station at uni gym
>have to do tricep press-downs instead
Functionally, they fill the same role for me (smash the shit out of my triceps) but weighted dips at least let me pretend I'm stronger than I actually am
>I have to hang weights off myself while I do this exercise because I'm literally too strong for my own body

>too strong for my own body
Isn't that literally everyone that lifts heavy?

Try leaning way too far forward. That usually does the trick.
I mean dangerously far forward, risk destroying your shoulders forward

dips make my shoulders feel like they're gonna blow out. I don't know what the fuck i'm doing wrong, i'm assuming my shoulders are either weak and need to be worked, or i'm heading to snap city soon.

I find that my wrists are fine if the bar is wide. Too narrow and my wrists hurt.

What's wrong with that? Keep going. That's how progress is made.

Non functional patterns.

Always do facepulls or some lat pulldowns before doing dips. I always fuck my shit up if I dont warm up my delts and scap

I do dips after pull ups/chin ups

Dips are basically push ups without your legs stabilizing you. Try leaning more forward in a dip if youd like and when you get good enough combine the pull up and dip exercise into one aka muscle up.

Arguing this is simply making excuses at this point. You either can or can't do it. End of story.

What is Vitamin D kid's story? I already know the "bodyweight squat and GOMAD w/o food stories. A meme screencap would be appreciated.

apparently Take Your Vitamin D trolled people by touting the benefits of megadosing vitamin D and caused organ failure and death in some people if the rumors are true
imgur.com/a/eoIYL

im doing tricep dips (the levers flipped inwards on the dip station) and my elbow gets pain sometimes from doing weighted dips (not even heavy, 25 lbs)

im a wristlet and im doing wrist curls both ways to strengthen myself up so that my tiny wrists wont be a issue

ayo hol up, what's wrong with taking shitloads of vitamin D?

It hurts my shoulders

"Megadose Dangers
Because vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, it is stored in your body rather than eliminated in the urine like vitamin C and other water-soluble vitamins. If you take too much vitamin D, it can build up in organs over time and cause health problems. Taking megadoses may increase the risk of falls and fractures, according to MayoClinic.com. Other adverse effects caused by megadoses of vitamin D include an increased risk of bladder infections, excessive calcium in the blood, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, dizziness, ringing in the ears, kidney impairment and an increased risk of cancer."
healthyeating.sfgate.com/much-megadose-vitamin-d-6034.html

You end up like the guy in the pic

It can fuck you up, but you need a shitload more than the comic says. The 5000 and even the 10,000 each day aren't enough to kill you.

We're talking well over 100,000 per day to harm you.

>over 6000 IU is megadose
Than that kid shouldn't have had his shit fucked from only 5000 IU a day
It was probably something else, I heard it was vitamin K

I've been trying to piece the whole story together from a /misc/ and reddit thread but it was so long ago no one seems to understand the whole story. The comic makes it seem like it was the combination of vitamin K with the stack that made it harmful, but even that dose of vitamin D would build up over time and if he was dosing daily could definitely do some damage over time

he took an artificial source of vitamin K, that when overodosed on lead to renal and liver failure.He then became know as the vitamin avenger, and he ended up doxxing and ruining the lives of several people on Veeky Forums for revenge.

just keep doing them, my wrists used to hurt like a mother fucker doing dips. Don't push yourself through the pain, just do sets until they hurt and over time that will tolerance will build up.

disgustingly beautiful. you know, every board has its dark side. supplements are Veeky Forums's darkness.