I hurt my rotator cuff so much i can hardly bench press. Any recommendations for a speedy recovery?

I hurt my rotator cuff so much i can hardly bench press. Any recommendations for a speedy recovery?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=84BsvznSn5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

address what caused the pain in the first place and correct that. you probably were not retracting your shoulder blades and elevating the scapula properly. when you bench, you should bring your shoulders back and down and pretend like you're trying to squeeze a tennis ball between your shoulder blades to keep them safe.

as for recovery, just work on your shoulder mobility and do some rotator cuff exercises

>eat at least maintainance +200 cals
>sleep
>do what exercises you can do with absoloute minimal weight

DO NOT try to work through it OP, I would take 2 weeks off at the minimum. Rotator cuff injuries are very seriously and exacerbating the injury further before its fully healed could lead to a lifetime of problems and pain as well as needing surgery.

ALWAYS warm up shoulders throughouly before starting your workouts and use good form.

>stay safe OP

Thats a shit cue. I could squeeze a tennis ball between my shoulder blades with my shoulders behind my ears m8.

>shoulders blades goes into your back pocket when benching

this

>so many lifters with bad bench form and bad injuries these days
>many such cases
>SAD!

if i had to take a guess, here's you
>uses too wide a grip for his frame/arm length, not trained/strong enough to keep elbows tucked in, they just fly out all over the place
>unracks the bar too far from the chest, lays too low on the bench
>doesnt tuck the scapula back and down
>touches the bar above the nipple at the bottom of the rep

thank you. the pain is in the front of the shoulder as pictured. i believe my overhead press routine is the culprit. would you know if this is serious enough to have to stop altogether and rehab it or would a couple stretches cure it?

thank you. I'm glad you address the severity because this is a very intense pain

one more question. Can i continue to squat and deadlift, or will this irritate my shoulders?

Did you never do stretches like hanging from a pull up bar?

Squats would probably be ok, but I wouldn't do deads.

thank you

not routinely

I'm more picturing him using the free weights and just slamming the weights down while still lying down on the bench

You're welcome, if the pain persist for longer than 3-4 weeks I would start thinking about scheduling a Dr. Appointment because a tear in your rotator cuff is possible.

And yeah man, people underestimate the severity of a torn rotator cuff. I've known more than a few Marines who have had to leave the service early because of one.

no, i've been using the tsunami bar

you're joking, right? like, this is b8?

you should see a doctor. if you fuck up that tiny lil muscle youre done.

yes, of course i'm joking. i was trying to yuck it up

Unless there was an acute moment of pain it probably bicep tendonitis. How does internal and external rotation feel? I thought I had fucked up my rotator cuff arm wrestling but it is just bicep tendonitis. Your bicep inserts right where the pain is on that diagram. I think going up in weight on chin-ups to fast is what got me.

thanks, i would love to tack on some rehab of that nature too, do you have any recommendations?

>bicep tendonitis
ab roller is what got me.

1rm Lateral raises

Pronated (like a chinup) front raises with light weight for high reps. Mainly its just rest and working through it with lighter weights. Figure out what doesn't aggravate it so you can keep working out. Like I can dead lift fine but any rowing is painful.

Man op I'm in same boat. Can't figure out what's causing it..hurts like hell to un rack the weight. Fine once doing reps. Maybe my ohp. Hurts when you push from the front like pushup position

Fuck it could have been my ab wheel pain first started after using it. It always makes my shoulders sore but this time I went harder and did 4x10 and I was dead. Hmmmmm

okay so upon advice from user i watched a few youtube videos including this guy
youtube.com/watch?v=84BsvznSn5E
I also reassessed my bench form. my pain went from a shaky hand 8 ouf 10, to about a 1.5 out of 10. Thanks a ton!