/plg/ powerlifting general

/plg/- Powerlifting general.

Post PR's, routines, form checks, meet results, schmexy lifts, etc. No Dubs or gets allowed. Supermong and Sean pls go.

Remember OHP is not IPF approved, and long femurs are the underactive thyroid of lifting

>Vital Statistics Unit - /plg/ Census 2014
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eleKMNJv_CbQkw0MyzZvJo7gxOlhPjzEyKSJdc3Iigo/edit?usp=sharing

>ALL TIME RAW WORLD RECORDS (natty or not)
Men: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/world
Women: powerliftingwatch.com/records/raw/women-world

>The official pastebin
pastebin.com/99cMvaQh (embed)

>The new dropbox - Veeky Forums information repository
>now partially rebuilt
pastebin.com/RiXEg5L1 (embed)

>dropbox mirror
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0Vyec-yHY6DYmNiMkg1dlZIelU&usp=sharing

>What is depthprivilege?
youtu.be/XpgmQmdMfe0

>How to deadlift by Mark Rippetoe
youtu.be/tfYez7-h55c

>How to setup for the deadlift by JL Holdsworth
youtu.be/hlBMGsRly1c

>How to sumo deadlift by Ben Rice
youtu.be/_5tQpNoSiKU

>How to lowbar squat by Alastair MacNicol
youtu.be/RMFHgVN_pcg

>How to set WRs by C. Lutz
youtu.be/e-ORhEE9VVg

>How to build a big bench by C. Lutz
youtu.be/XrVZqPkgdXo

>How to bench press by PTW
youtu.be/_V189hK85BI

>How to OHP with Dan Green
youtu.be/f3EuCSe7pUA

>Trips PRs Pastebin
pastebin.com/2VTGQFN3 (embed)

>/plg/ atlas
zeemaps.com/map?group=1252009&location=United States&add=

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/understanding-the-texas-method-intensity-day
youtube.com/watch?v=TZctW20nt94
powerliftingwatch.com/node/10795
youtube.com/watch?v=tvJZ9FNRnWs
youtube.com/watch?v=vX04g9X-MAQ
youtu.be/0vfCz_FSVcY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At what wilks do most people stop doing Texas method? Rippetoe says most lifters will never get to the stage where advanced programming is needed, but I feel like I need it after only a year and some change of training. I'm not progressing week to week

rippetoe wants you to gain weight indefinitely
for those of us who don't want to be obese we have to move on past weekly progression when we stall :) it's not about a specific wilks number, it's different from person to person

>Rippetoe says most lifters will never get to the stage where advanced programming is needed
That does hold true (for his programs)

Widely depends on individual - genetics, commitment to recovery, effort, intelligent modifications to programming, and much else.

A year on Texas Method is solid progress, have a think about doing something else if you're not progressing anymore.

startingstrength.com/article/understanding-the-texas-method-intensity-day

Is Supermongoloid back?

Why am I such a fucking failure. Literally everytime I progress a bit I lose almost all of my progress for some fucking reason. I want to fucking kill myself.

don't worry man that's just GDE syndrome which plagues most of humanity

at the risk of sounding like an a7 shill, these shirts are fucking 10/10. would absolutely recommend if you aren't allowed to use chalk at your gym.

also as good as the shirt is, my squats are bad :(

had a really good day benching though. did 145lbx18,18,18,19,20 spoto and DB bench with 90s 3x10 :)

you actually have lumbar rounding on squats too..
fuck me
talent is literally all that matters

hey whos that DUMB FAG

do you still exist
did you stop posting because frog came along and out talent chad-ed you

Have you gotten your muscles firing again

nah i've just been busy idk

this general BLOWS and discord is really gay

idk man !

right now im doing my equivalent of a volume phase i guess. havent squatted more than 195 in a second or 2

>volume phase
Good lad

Good luck I'm sure you'll hit 200 kilos soon.

i'd like to triple 200 in the next couple of weeks

i havent been to this board in a while at least

hey any1 here smoke meth pre workout?

i sur dont im natty heh

the bottom inches of your ROM look so fucking awkward dude

youtube.com/watch?v=TZctW20nt94

is putting athletic tape under your knee ipf legal?

ur a 10/10 bby

Has anyone here ever put their normal powerlifting programming into a bodypart split like PPL or Arnold or something?

My upper/lower split sessions are taking too long lately, so I'm looking to expand from four days to six.

If I took test for one cycle and haven't used it again since 6 months ago can I claim natty once again

fuck no
that's like saying I had sex 6 months ago am I a virgin again

Literally every post so far is complete shit.
GTFO if you're not actively training for a meet, running gear and competing equipped.
Goddamn casuals in this thread I swear.

Hey

4 days is optimal for pl.

But my test levels are normal now. I'm training hard and eating well just like everyone else.

i go by ipf rules if you go 3 years without you can claim natty again

Take your test/deca/Dbol like a man. Wtf how do you faggots expect to make gains? Doing meme programs as a natty while taking advice from trips and pretend trannies? Let's get serious fuck!

trip on gbro

IPF is gay. And they roid just as hard as anybody.

>tfw out of milk so have to eat chocolate bars to get my calories in
shit

they still have to cycle off and pass out of comp tests so no they aren't roiding as hard as untested feds

Nigga just don't take deca lol that shit can't be verified a little bit of test nigga

powerliftingwatch.com/node/10795

>when your friend's squats are starting to look more like yours

youtube.com/watch?v=tvJZ9FNRnWs

form check please?

Your shoulders look like they're starting too far out in front of the bar. Also eat more and cut your hair.

I'm getting a hair cut soon but I just had double jaw surgery so i only had liquids for 2 months and lost around 20 pounds

Thanks for the suggestion.

Want to give sheiko intermediate large load a shot. Just worried sessions will take too long? How long does a session take you guys?

Daily reminder that high specificity is not going to help you too much in getting a big bench press

Daily reminder to do your upper body accessory work

im doing it. seeing good gains coming from medium load. sessions take 2,5-3 hrs everything included.

Daily reminder that I want to lick Livia Cavalcanti's butthole

Like 2-2.5 hours

>being happy that a friend is struggling

I'm not happy that he's struggling. Let's be real, he's not struggling.

newbie here, and i have a question on expectations.
i'm only on my second week of lifting, and i've been cutting for about 3.5-4 months now. i average about 80-90 miles of cardio a week on an exercise bike and average about 1300-2000 calories a day. i'm down about 20lbs and have about 15-20 left to lose. since i'm going to be cutting for at least the next few months, should i even worry that much about adding weight on the big lifts? obviously i'm not gonna be doing the same weight each time for 3 months, but as a noob i'm expected to add 15-30lbs on each lift every week and i don't think i'll be able to do that for very long. i'm thinking 5 pounds a week for big lifts, 5 every other week for ohp, but i'd like to hear what people who actually lift would like to say.

>inb4 why are you responding he said people who actually lift

I would still follow a generic beginner routine like SS or SL. 1300-2000 is really low, but you could still gain neural adaptations by practicing the movements and continuously upping the weight. You will definitely stall much quicker than if you weren't cutting so hard, but once you do that maybe just try to switch to maintaining your lifts until your cut is done.

When I first started lifting I was cutting on 2000 cals a day and still made decent gains in my lower body, but my upper body just stalled super hard. I would also consider cutting back on the cardio a little especially if you're going to keep your calories that low and add in lifting.

Hey guys i want to train a power move 2x a week, snatch or C&J? or even

Snatch pull one day

power snatch the second day

?

Snatch is too technical for you to accumulate enough resistance for you to increase work capacity in the muscles used without at least some degree of coaching; the split stance and push push nature of the jerk isn't really gonna add much to your bench either for more or less the same reasons.
If you're adding power movements simply for more power generation, power cleans are the tried and true, if somewhat extremely vanilla power move of choice for non-oly lifters.
When I was doing the Strength/Power variation of Candito's linear program, I also did box jumps starting from a full squat position, so you could consider that, too, to maybe practice explosiveness from outta the hole.
Of course if you do other things besides powerlifting, and just want to increase overall athleticism, then I'd say power clean&power jerk, and (power, if you want) split snatches since you don't have to finesse them as much as a squat snatch to increase the weight to at least somewhat challenging levels from the get go

benched 240x1 today

upperbody days are boring as fuck though

>split snatch

Absolutely disgusting

pls be kgs

bench makes me want to kill myself

ill pull 200kg on saturday though my deadlift is alright

240 reps of 1kg? i'd be bored too

are you stupid

>200kg deadlift
>alright
Are you 150 lbs?

why are you being a dickhead?

you seem like someone who doesnt lift and just comes here to shit on people dude

Nobody's squat will ever look as bad as yours.

Triple at 80% (305) from a couple days ago

WAKE ME UP

Stop folding like a lawn chair to squat.

Best 3 day a week program?

Holy fuck this is why I squat high bar

SS

nice :)

full body

Where would I start with sheiko? Is sheiko what bodorio used to go from gde to talentcuck?

My numbers are 540/325/550 POUNDS

unironically starting strength

Ps I weigh 215 sorry

what should my warmup be for maxing my deadlift niggas?

im never sure what to do for the set right before the max

i was thinking id do 1-2-3pl8 then 4 then max? or more like 385 then go to max?

440 will be my first max set

135x5
225x3
315x2
365x1
405x1
440x1

Is how I would do it

ok thanks

i was gonna do 365 then pull max because i thought 4pl8 might just be unnecessary fatigue but ill do that

I mean you can if you want. that's just how I would do it. I doubt that one single at 90% is going to fatigue you enough to cause you to fail a max attempt unless you're taking like 20 second rests.

BEEN CALLED A MONSTER CALLED A DEMON

youtube.com/watch?v=vX04g9X-MAQ

demon??

do you ever feel sad sometimes

ow my knees

a bit lol

((more than a bit lol))

Billy can be pretty rough

GOOOOOOOOOOOD FUCKING MORNING GODDAMNIT

No way is that 80%

>added 5kg to my bench in 4 weeks on a cut

I LOVE GREG NUCKOLS AND I DON'T CARE WHO KNOWS

pla enlighten me on bench gains before i drop it on me

For me (so anecdotally) volume and frequency matters a hell of a lot more than intensity. In those 4 weeks of benching 3x a week I only had one or two days that felt like they were high in intensity, the rest were just volume out the ass (compared to what I used to do).

I also did a lot of flyes, CGBP and shoulder press; the first 2 as accessories for bench and shoulder press as it's own main movement. Getting strong triceps, pecs and shoulders (obviously) helps your bench go up.

im going to do a different bench program starting next week, c6w really is shit for bench

How much of a deficit were you cutting at friendo?

Been cutting 4 weeks and bench is suffering like an absolute motherfucker

i just realized somethin

the fact that my deadlift is good and my bench is garbage are directly related through my proportions huh?

I was losing about 1lb a week, anything faster and my lifts would have just tanked

Oh definitely lmao, it's a great lower body program but it sucks ass for benching

Is lifting heavy 3 times a week + walking long distance on off days enough to reap cardiovascular health gains?

Dunno about you guys but squatting heavy really gets my heart going

First time running it, on week 4. Just hit 95%x2 with ease on bench. Only got 110kg poverty bench but feel I'll probably add about 10kg this cycle to my max. That being said I haven't done any proper bench programming in about 4 months.

How does your U/L currently look?

Figured I'd come to ask here since you're strong guys.

Does the amount of sets matter for accessories when it comes to getting bigger? I figured I might be stalling because I have almost no muscle mass. E.g. 5x10 vs 3x8 etc

I'm running Nuckols right now but I have almost no mass, so I'm wondering how I can kinda put muscular size as a priority rather than trying to wait for it through main lift progressions and like two accessories.

IPF is apparently planning on banning lifters competing in Kirills meme fed and also for attending an up coming seminar hosted by Boris Sheiko in sweden

when will they be stopped

Ban the squat

youtu.be/0vfCz_FSVcY

Yes! Hnngggggg

>when will they be stopped
When is never, user.

when will islet be stopped?!