I'm building a home gym in my garage

I'm building a home gym in my garage.
What do I need?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4I8FOY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 ladders
40inch pcp pipe
water jugs
old bench you found at a park

Buy more small plates. Don't waste money on 45s. Better to have a 25 and two 10s. I you're spending your own money, this is a good way to optimize cost. Definitely calculate everything first.
Other than that, just buy a power rack and an adjustable bench. That's pretty much all you'll need.

a bench

barbell

weights

>adjustable bench
why?

So you can do incline, decline, flat, and seated exercises without having to buy 4 differnt pieces of equipment...

Get a power cage unless you want to snap your shit up

amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4I8FOY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'm looking at this cage, it's cheap, but I can't tell if I'm going to be happy with it. What do you guys think?

Looks really flimsy. I would save up and buy something of higher quality.

Specs look good. Get a warranty if you can, just in case.

Good reviews and it looks good in the video. It says 800 lb capacity, but that doesn't necessarily mean it won't tip over if you put big weight on the outside of the bars. Unless you're power lifting hard, I'd say go for it.

Decent oly bar.
Set of bumpers.
2x25
4x20
2x15
2x10
Good collars/locks and a pair of clips
Change plates
2x5
2x2.5

Decent adjustable squat rack or power cage. Cage is better because pull-ups.
Decent bench, preferably adjustable so incline.

If you flooring isn't great, then a platform.

Blow torch
2 piece bench
Wood and nails
Coffee cans
Full length mirrors
Rowing oars
Scoops
Bar

Fuck that noise, all you need is microplates, 2 2.5's, 2 5's, 4 10's, 2 25's, and the rest 45's.

Plus 45 size bumpers.

Not OP, but, coffee cans?

Where are the front stops? I don't know the term but when you doing squats the thing it hits before you break your back.

>40inch pcp pipe
Can't lift without my angel dust.

The safety stops/bars? They're the two bars running horizontally in the cage. You squat inside it.

Cookie cutters.

costanza.jpeg

A skateboard for squats.

Im so curious, do you make barbell weights from coffee cans?

it's a meme.

one day ill have a home gym like that

because of the taxi driver scene?

>yfw this over $2000 worth of shit

yeah a lot of its unnecessary

how many fucking plates do you need?

I prefer bowls.

this

Get a cage, I bench press inside the cage and it has saved my neck at least once.

And don`t go for cheap, I did and now I have everything that is just a wee bit too small. My bench broke and now I use two empty beer crates with padding as a bench and I`m stuck with 30mm instead of Olympic sized weights.

No trap bar faggit

I have a lat pulldown, benchpress, 2 dumbells, and a barbell. I manage to get a full body workout with just that

A bar, plates, a multi rack, clips a benach and maybe mats. Make sure you can reach every weight (buy fractionals) and make sure that the rack is good for dips/pull ups.

What's the point of the long ez curl bar?

top fucking kek the video
dude doesnt know how to squat or deadlift but his bench is spot on

Anything I should get? I have:
>200kg of weights (4x20, 2x10, fuck ton of 5, 8x2.5, 2x1.25)
>adjustable bench with preacher add-on
>6ft oly bar
>ez curl bar
>2x adjustable Dumbbells
>cage with dip bars
>rubber flooring

> 2 dumbbells with adjustable weight
That's it, everything else should be Calisthenics

Home gym best gym.
I need to buy another set of 45s, and figure out a better way to do dips, but it's so much fucking better

Yes

Does anyone have experience witht these kinds of things?
The only thing it doesn't do compared to a power rack is pull ups I think.

I've seen videos where using those safety's for bench ends up choking a motherfucker because the bar slips in that empty space.

Well I finished mine. I have a half rack with 680lbs of mix match plates, some bands, tricep bar, oly bar, adjustable bench. Really all I need. The only thing I hate about it are the plates. I wish I had standard barbell plates. These just look ugly.

Power rack, bench, standard barbell, and some weights. Anything else is gimicky bullshit, you can still do accessories like curls with a barbell. You can also go with no gym and do calisthenics, but for leg gains you basically need weights.

Oh yeah and I built that platform.

A gym membership

MOAR PLAEDEZZ BUDD :DDD

post the cobain squat rack

1⁄2 lb lard
1 cup boiling water
4 cups all-puroose flour
1 tablespoon salt
Filling

8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
1 lb ground sirloin
3 sweet onions, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon black pepper

Isn't that what the side thingy's are for?

Thinking of building one too. Most oly bars are 7ft right?

Those bottom bars are just for construction purposes.

I see.
Too bad they're so damn cheap and I need something like it.
Power rack is too large to fit I think.
What about this one this one doesn't seem to have enough space for that to happen.

>01 olympic barbell,
>at least 04- 45lbs pl8
>02 - 22.5lbs pl8
>04 - 11lbs pl8
>power rack
>bench
with this you can work everything on your body.
maybe buy some dumbells too
the most expensive would be a really good rubber floor so you can deadlift and drop weights

Basically all you need is a platform, a barbell and bumper plates

this setup is perfect for dips, you hold the bar, place your feet on a chair in front of you, and get some 45's and place on your lap, dip and be happy

Just get something simple like this. I'm sure you can get shorter ones too.

Also it all depends on how well you know your limits and your form.
Dipshits who got caught had way too much weight and their form was shit which is why it went to his neck and not his safety's or chest

Thanks my man!
I do the Rippetoe thing when I benchpress and nearly touch my plexus, ie. I don't go straight down.
Lock out and then move.

Adjustable benches break a lot quicker in my experiences. Flat benches will never break but the seating upholstery may erode.

>Pull-up Bar is essential
>Mat so you can do push-ups on something that isn't the garage floor (non-essential)
>Rack (in my opinion non-essential)
>Bench, barbell and dumbells are the staples

>your home gym also looks super comfy

Thanks baby. It is.

Can you do pullups?

I can. I can't go too far up obviously but I can get a solid 90 degree angle at the elbows.

Also I can just raise my hooks higher and use my barbell as a pullup bar if I wanted.

mirin the setup brah

Think about whether you're testing the waters or committing. I got a cheap power rack, cheap plates, cheap barbell, all at play it again sports or through Craigslist. Now upgrading and it's pretty painful to buy it all over again.

On the upside, if you buy used, you can generally sell for most of what you paid, if not exactly the same. Jump on deals too. I picked up Ivanko plates for $0.60/lb from a guy who didn't know what he had.

sometimes I wonder if the holocaust really happened.

A garage

A membership

Wouldn't that only matter if you couldn't clean over 135

Heavy duty shelving. As you build your gym you will tend to accumulate random bits of equipment. It's good to have a place to put it all so it doesn't end up on the floor.

Gotcha senpai

Don't forget a mirror so you can get off on your sick ass pump!

You need a MTV Cribs gym

I'll ask your whore of a mother.

Hello friend

You need a rack, bar and weights and bench. Don't settle. Save your money buy what you want good shit one time. Why buy shit for close to same price when you will have to replace it eventually. Buy it for life also
Also This me. hello friend

A meme within a meme.
Le wew
reported.

considering how high you're going to be lifting i'd say this is a decent amount
6 - 45s
4 - 35s
4 - 25s
4/6 - 10s
4/6 - 5s

just enough to suit your needs but just a little bit extra in case you need it