Macros for cutting

ay up lads

do any of you follow specific macro ratio's for cutting? i'm currently a tubby trying to lose body fat and maintain strength but I wondered if the macro's played a factor at all

30 y/o male
5"11
215 pounds

cutting on 1500 cals a day:
50 carbs
20 protein
30 fat

all using my fitness pal

any help is greatly appreciated

>50carbs x 4 = 200cal
>20protein x 4 = 80cal
>30fat x 9 = 270cal

Total 550 calories. Where did you get the 1500 from?

Also it doesn't matter (it does) but it doesn't for you. Just get at the very least 100g of protein and the rest will fall in place.

oh they were percentages just realized it myself. lmao. cut from carbs and add it to protein, my point still stands since 20% protein from 1500cal diet isn't enough

He's talking percentage

I'd jack up the protein if I were you. Otherwise you risk losing mostly muscle

my diet for cutting is

35% protein
25% fat
30% carbs

it seems like a bit overkill since I'm shoveling back 200g protein per day but I've lost no strength over a 3 month deficit so it seems to work for me

errr 40% carbs*, am bad at math

post moar op

I don't particular care about macros when I'm cutting, I just make sure I get 1g of protein per lb of bw.

Fats are almost universally calorically dense so you'll naturally have to eat less to stay in a deficit.

Full in the rest with carbs.

This is covered a bit about on the sticky.... You DID read the sticky right??

Sorry, per KG of bw

Per LEAN lbs of body weight. Also eating the right fats can satiate over a longer period than carbs. But if your outputing tons of energy, carbs should be in your diet to supplement the power needed.

Yeah I know I fucked up, meant to say KG.

3g of protein per Kg

have you been having good fat loss results whilst maintaining strength?

i don't have anymore sorry user ;_;

>75 grams of protein
>on a cut

Double that shit at the very least dude
I'm cutting at 1800 calories with 160g of protein and I'm thinking how could I increase it
At 1500 cals a day, your macros should be more like 40% protein 30% carbs 30% fat

>The only thing I want relations with are dem tittays

Why so much protein? That sounds awful in terms of variety.

>tuna
>chicken breast
>whey

Repeat

oh yeah, have shed nearly 13lbs in two months while my strength hasn't changed at all

fwiw I also take fish oil, a multi, creatine, and drink a lot of green tea but the effects of those on fat loss are much more hand-wavey

How much under your TDEE are you eating?

-400 on rest days, -200 on training days

I'm more of the 'cut slowly over 2/3 months' school of thinking. Averaged about 1.5lbs/wk

Dieting is always temporary so variety is not that important. But you still need it ofc.

> these are the only three sources of lean protein

breh yesterday I had two pork chops and 200g brisket that collectively was close to 150g protein

if you know how to cook and explore your options you can make tasty food that's cut-friendly so you don't relapse into junk food

Im losing around 1lbs/week eating @ 1800kcal and training 6 times a week.

Sad thing is im not even a girl.

What's your routine? I ran Candito 6 Week through my cut since I'm a wannabe /plg/fag and I found the intensity jacked up my TDEE by close to 1000 calories

You don't know your tdee if you are losing 1.5/week

it's a rough estimate but I maintain for a month or so before entering a deficit so it's basically maintenance calories (which is more or less TDEE)-200/400

>1.5lbs x 3500cals = 5,250
>5,250cals/7days = 750
>750cal deficit

welp what I'm doing is working and has worked in the past so I'ma keep doing it

Not lifting cuz of back injury, but am starting to cut. Do I have to do cardio? Will it speed up the weight lose, or can I just cut and not workout?

You never HAVE to do cardio .. you'll still lose weight. But you're stupid if you don't.