Relapsing and Preventing It

Veeky Forums, let's talk fitness relapses.

>Have you ever relapsed?

>How severe was it?

>What was your vice? (e.g. fast food, alcohol, smoking, drugs)

>What did you do to get back on track?

>How do you prevent yourself from relapsing again?]

>What else would you like to say about it?

Also, if you don't mind guys I'm gonna put up a Straw Poll for you to answer...

strawpoll.me/12645164

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yes

>How severe was it?
Stopped going to the gym regularly.
Gained about 50lbs.
Stopped caring what I ate.

Drinking and shitty food. Didn't eat muh chicken, rice and broccoli anymore.

Very. I'm still trying to get back into it now. I just look in the mirror and see myself as a piece of shit.

>How do you prevent yourself from relapsing again?
I still haven't figured that one out.

What is said about having a gf is true. There's no reason to impress anyone any more.

>implying have a gf is bad

>Gains goblins.

No. Then again - I never was addicted to stuffing myself. I feel sorry for you folks, that feel like food is a drug.

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yup. Once when I got a gf but it lasted for like 3yrs. I'm only really just now getting back into the swing of things lifting wise. Spent about 6 months now losing weight.
>How severe was it?
Pic related. I wasn't anything impressive, but the difference still hurts my soul.
Vidya, pizza, overeating and a loss of motivation to do the things I loved (martial arts, swimming, etc)
I left gf, moved away and have been hermitting. I'Ve been cutting and have come down from 115 to 88kg. I'm far from my goal of 78kg but slowly getting there.
Putting this photo up on my wall. Buy clothes that are smaller so I feel fat for having them be tight on me. I also have a home gym and bike so there's never a reason no to work out
It's true what they say that getting fit is like paddling up stream. You drift back down so slowly you don't even realise how far gone you are.

>Have you ever relapsed?
not really.
Unless you count sub-optimal training or taking 2 weeks off training as a "relapse".
I've been drinking alcohol regularly and eating junk at all times, sometimes more sometimes less - and it has an effect, I'm far from shredded, but that's a price I'm willing to pay to not be a completely autistic anti-social shut-in.

I'm just coming off a little over a month of shitty training and getting too fat. Couldn't train lower body because of back issues, but kept eating like I was still squatting and deadlifting heavy twice per week. (inb4 cardio - only got my bike fixed recently, weather was shit and I'm not going to run on a treadmill)
Then took a week completely off, to let my back heal all the way, wanted to start again this week but got sick and still am not back 100%.
Hopefully next week when I go back to uni, having a somewhat fixed schedule can help get me back on track.

I'm invited to a party this saturday, not sure if I should go or rest some more over the weeked...

I don't mean to be horrible here mate but you fucked up

Don't have to tell me twice. I cringe every time I look at the pic. I have one on my fridge, one on my wall, it's my computer background and one in my gym. I never let myself forget how badly I fucked up.

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yes

>How severe was it?
Happened when I started medical school
Didn't have enough time to go to the gym regularly; regularly put in 100+ hour weeks
Gained about 20lbs but lost a lot of mass

Regularly ate McBeetus and friends cause no time to prep; fast food simply for convenience and overindulging because that was legitimately my only form of happiness while slaving like an ass

Finished school, picked up where I left off. Gym was life before; it's hard to give that up for me

Don't burn myself out like that ever again

Pic related; me at my worst

6 years ago - hitting gym, reasonably fit, still some weight to shift. I get with a girl, move in together, lose job, struggle for money, get depressed, start growing/smoking weed. After 3 years of that shit I'd gained about 6 stone. Last two years of the relationship, I'm working, start working on losing weight, shift 2 stone and start reducing the weed to nearly nothing - GF for various reasons goes on a meltdown, tries threatening to breakup with me - I say fuck it and breakup with her.

1 year later. Lost another 4 stone and back to where I was when I met her. I would say I lost 5 years but it wasn't all bad and she's not a bad person, just kinda fucked up and wanted to drag somebody down with her and I was stupid enough to go along with it for so long - that's my fault though, not hers.

Anyway. Getting fitter and looking forward to pushing past where I was last time around. Getting female attention but to be honest, despite being horny all the fucking time now, I do not want a fucking relationship any point soon after the last one. In a way this makes me happy, but also kinda sad that my previous optimism for such things has flown out the window. Oh well!

>Have you ever relapsed?
I'm sitting right now eating a big tasty with large fries.
I don't know why I keep coming back to Veeky Forums.
I'm fat as fuck and I hate myself.

>How severe was it?
It's pretty severe. I went to the gym for the first time in ages last week and I can't lift shit.

Uni, food, going out on a weekend.

I'm not on track. I don't know how to get back on track to be honest.

I don't know.

pic related.

I'm looking for advice if any of you care to impart.

If you could go back 6 years and not get a gf. Would you?

Dude are you me? I'm doing 100+ hour weeks at uni and I'm getting pretty chubby. No time to prep or lift.

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yes

>How severe was it?
I basically stopped going to the gym for TWO solid years, I just lost all motivation to workout. The gym just became this thing I had to go do and it wasn't fun anymore.

>pic related
>left is 172lbs in 2014
>Right was March 2017 @ 178lbs
>all lifts have decreased by 100-150lbs

Fast food for sure and alcohol to an extent. I got really busy with school and work, just could find time for the gym and eating McDonalds five nights a week isn't something I'm proud of but I did it for like two straight years.

Found a purpose for actually getting fit abs staying in shape Rather than just getting bitches, fitness has a bigger purpose for me now. I'm trying to get into Officers school after I graduate uni at the end of the year so I need to be fit and it generally just gives me something to center my life around.

Posting on Veeky Forums, seeing the changes in the mirror, and constantly reminding myself of my goals in life.

Nothing much else to say, if you really want it you'll get out there and go do it. At a point you'll be too old to hit your peak potential, I want to be able to look back and say I climb that mountain, I made it and I'm a stronger person for it.

It's never to late to become the person you should have been user, the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step and that step is ALWAYS the hardest

Putting in 5 12 hour shifts between working full time and doing clinical rounds at the hospitals; toss 3 days of 10 hour lectures as well plus 3 hours a day just in driving
>Feels bad man

Almost done; 3 months left
Short term physical gains sacrifice for long term financial gains. Sucks, but in a year I'll be back no problem

So if you didn't go to the gym. What did you do for two years?

Is it not really shitty when you see people you haven't seen in ages and they see how fat you've got?

I'm trying to ask these in the nicest way possible. Sorry if they come across horrible

>still finding time to post on Veeky Forums

>Have you ever relapsed?

Yes

>How severe was it?

Bad, lost 20 pounds and I was barely out of dyel mode when it started.

>What was your vice?

Heroin and crack

Stopped using heroin and crack.

Dont try to escape reality by taking drugs, drinking alcohol or fuck every slag that is dtf. Instead take up productive shit that makes your life better instead of going deeper down the rabbit hole.

Dont use heroin. And definatly never ever use crack, not even once. With heroin atleast it takes a while to get addicted. But crack is something else, it's the only drugs I know people get addicted to after thr first hit. The dopamine rush will fuck you up for life.

Just got off work after an overnight shift
Hardcore insomnia right now cause it's fucking bright now and I have a week off in between my terms

Yes.

Videogames, food (volume).

Sold my rig, LoL and steam accounts.

I distanced myself from my gamer friends who drink/smoke/do drugs, it's lonely at times, but its better than hating myself.

Everyone relapses, it onlys makes us stronger. I miss eating huge meals, not giving a shit.

I focused on my grades in uni and worked at ass off at my job to pay for school. So it's not like I went full NEET or anything, but I very much regret giving up on the gym in general.

When I quit working out altogether I had 32 credit hours at uni and now I have 105 so I suppose it wasn't all time wasted.

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yep, before I started lifting as a teen I did basic body weight stuff, cardio and judo, got in a relationship with a cunt, could barely leave the house and got real fat

>How severe was it?
Went from 150lbs pretty lean to 210lbs nothing but lard

General junk food at first, smoking and alcohol had a big affect too

Dumped the bitch, started doing body weight circuits with dad, quit smoking, lost the weight, started lifting and eating right

Looking at old pictures of me

It doesn't take much to stay in shape, but it doesn't take much to lose it all either. You're mental state affects your body a lot more than you realise.
I'm now in a happy relationship with a thicc gym living cutie who makes me happier than I've ever felt. Kinda feel like I've made it.

This

Surround yourself with better people in general. I may not have a lot of friends in real life, but Veeky Forums is full of positive people who can really influence my mental state to keep me motivated.

>We're all gonna make it brah

We're all gonna make it brahs

how tall are u brother

Thanks user, definitely needed to hear that
6'3". Technically 6'2.5" but whatever. This is my most recent photo I took before a dinner. Haven't taken one naked as I still feel like a sloppy sack of shit.

You don't look fat to be honest. You're the same as me. 6'2-3 with a bit of a double chin.

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yes
>How severe was it?
Big time, been almost 3 years since I hit the gym
All of the above
I reevaluated my life choices, decided that I was and could be better than I am. Decided to workout regularly.
I dunno, its a power of will.
Honestly, I don't regret it. I know that I'm not in as good shape as I used to be. But I guess I learned a lot about myself during this relapse.

Not really fat anymore, I'm about 24.5 BMI so technically average. But fuck I feel like a fat fuck all the time. I'm aiming for at least 80kg before I start my bulk. Plus I started up my martial arts again and want to try and stay lean for that.

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yes, when I suddenly developed an allergy and had a running nose constantly. I couldnt breath and was constantly out of breath every time I ran or lifted. I was on my way to making it at the time and it hit my mental health hard.

>How severe was it?
Since exercises became constant struggle to get more air into my lungs I was suffering. Stopped altogether after 2 months of struggling. Since I couldnt make it, I slowly stopped caring what I ate too. Went from 115 to 90 and then relapsed to 104 again.

Food I guess, though it wasnt the food tempting me, it was me just giving up on moderation when I couldnt exercise.

Got diagnosed with the allergy, waited for the medication to kick in, removed the nearest and most severe sources of my allergy and started doing babystep bodyweight and dieting.

I dont think anyone really can do anything to prevent that from happening. Gotta take care of yourself first, so when shit hits the fan you dont give up altogether.

There is no way I will go as hard now as I did last time. The motivation isnt enough now that I know how easily it was stolen from me. And that was just an allergy, cant imagine more severe reasons like injuries.

>Have you ever relapsed?
yes

>How severe was it?
pretty bad. had previously from 120kg lard ass to 82-83kg and was working on making some gains when i got a gf who was chubby and lived unhealthy so i followed suit eventually. managed to regain all weight over 2 years or so.

stopped working out, got back to eating junk food, snacks, candy and drinking soda.

had lost my job, no longer had a gf and was tired of being a fat piece of shit playing on my pc all day and felt like i was wasting my life away, so i started with getting back to working out and lifting.

Veeky Forums and FPH threads will be there as a reminder

im in better shape than ever before and this time around im not gonna let some gains goblin derail my progress

Let this thread be a reminder.

>ALL GIRLS ARE GAINS GOBLINS

They take the most precious muscle of all. The heart. Then they make you fat.

>Have you ever relapsed?
Yes

>How severe was it?
Worked as a bartender for summer, and then started last year med school, so barely had time for anything. Went to the gym like 6-10 times in 10 months. Got fat as fuck and lost some strength.

Drinking and shitty food. Shit like pizza and beer everyday, didn't have time to cook myself and i like beer too much.

Started lifting again for a month now, and now fixing my diet. I still drink beer, but in smaller quantity and always after a workout and adjusting my calories for that day.

I refuse to skip workouts anymore for any reason. If needs be, i'll skip lunch and go to the gym, just get some work done in.

"What is said about having a gf is true. There's no reason to impress anyone any more." - said user at Wait till you get a wife, man

What happens when you get a wife?

Holy christ. I got married and let myself slip up like 20lbs but once I hit 200lbs I felt the slippery slope and cut back down. I found out fitness is about working towards goals. If you're just working out to stay healthy or not fat then it's easy to fall off. Working out to hit PRs or for an event makes it a lot easier and more fun.

Well it's like they say
The best time to start training is in your teens. The second best time is now.
In a year you will have wished you started today.

>Have you ever relapsed?

Yes, I missed one workout when the gym closed due to ice and another when it was closed cause they lost power

>How severe was it?

Not very

Beer I guess? Haven't had any in months though

Worked out the next day

Willpower

Don't be a pussy, get your ass to the gym (lifting 7.5 years in June)

> all these fat fucks

HAHAHAHHAA

>need alcohol to sleep
>calories in alcohol
>need sleep for gains
>need not calories for gains

What do