Are beans on toast good food to get big?

Are beans on toast good food to get big?

Yes, if you are a fucking loser.

you mean someone that cant afford chicken breasts everyday?

No, beans are great but low calorie and baked beans with added ketchup are just adding sugar for no reason
White bread is all kinds of trash

Fucking anglophones and them adding ketchup to beans.

Wtf ppl do that?

fucking white people, no culture i swear

Ketchup has hardly any sugar if you're really worried about it you're a sperg. Some canned beans have way more sugar on top of that tho. Use quality whole grain bread and it's groovy

>baked beans with added ketchup

bread is bad for you, and the beans in your pic are bad. like that other poster said unnecessary sugar and all kinds of gross badness :(

why not try rice and beans?

If you can't afford a fucking chicken breast every day you should have trained for a profession that's actually practical.

>negs bread
>posts rice

Check the macros and the glycemic index lo wang, bread is better in every way to rice.

Because rice has a fuckload of calories and carbs I don't need.

>doesn't know about antinutrients
>is mean :(

glycemic index is outdated and a mostly useless metric if you're not diabetic.

and bread doesn't? you don't have to eat ALL the rice lol.

look into sprouts then. great protein alternative without all the painful terribleness of unhealthy foods.

>antinutrients

You mean like iron your body can't absorb?

1 cup of rice is fucking 200 calories, 50 carbs, and maybe 4g protein.
2 slices of bread is 180 calories, 18 carbs, and 16g protein.

I'll stick to my bread, thanks.

>can't afford a fucking chicken breast
>even my poor (like actually poor, not "boohoo I'm such a poor yet middle class uni student who can't spend responsibility") uni friends who have debt out the arse can afford a chicken breast a day

>shitty white rice
Use brown/black/red rice instead.

This is true. Bread almost has %50 lower carbs than rice.

>carbs are generally bad
Retards.

You mean like the enormous amount of arsenic in your rice?

They aren't exactly good either. Especially if you're a fatty or recovering fatty. Last thing you need is more carbs.

That is just stupid. The incredibly vast majority of healthy foods is carb heavy. You're talking about processed empty carbs like white bread or sugar that just add calories without any nutrients.

You don't need to avoid carbs entirely, that isn't what I'm saying. But you most certainly don't need high carbs in a diet for any reason unless you're a marathon runner.

You don't need them but if they're from stuff like beans, legumes etc. it's preferable to a fat heavy diet. Focusing on a healthy nutritious diet is a lot better than just focusing on calories in calories out.

I agree. Fruits, veggies, tatos, etc are great carbs. Just if you're a fatty you should be managing your carb intake to regulate insulin spikes. This is extremely important, since they're probably close to having diabetes already.

start every day with a bowl of beans and low fat cheese, brown toast on the side. fuckin brilliant.

This retard again?

>bowl of beans
what kind of beans?

True, however too much bad fat can cause diabetes as well (lipotoxicity). No matter what diet you choose you will fuck up your health if you eat shit food, be that a lot of sugar and shit carbs or deep-fried meat and dairy.

Right. In my opinion the ''ideal'' is 35/35/30, 30 being fat. But it really depends on individual goals.