/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>pls come back edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
chinfl.blogspot co.uk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq
dropbox.com/sh/mjgz5nmcikhhvnu/28iq3URWUW

>helpful blog on some technique quirks:
yashathoughts.com

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

Included in this youtube playlist are videos related to weightlifting which you may find useful or insightful:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5tlOeir5PCc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good stretches for the bottom Snatch position?

should i get power perfect 2? also i heard that adidas discontinued making them so should i get them quickly before prices go up if they even do go up?

Do you mean in terms of ankle mobility or shoulder/scapular mobility? Ankle mobility is like any other squat based exercise- personally barbell ankle stretches have worked really well for me. Shoulder dislocates with a pvc pipe and band pull-aparts do wonders for my overhead mobility.

depends on the price

80 - 95$$$$

at that price why the hell not? that's cheaper than the shit-tier powerlifts.

what stretches should i do to be able to do a squat jerk???

the same stretches I pointed out in also exercises like the sots press and clean grip overhead squats. you'll obviously need great leg strength to recover from both the clean and squat jerk.

ideal bottom position

Dropbox link 404

does fapping affect lifts progress?

every time you fap you lose 10kgs on your squat

really?

yes really, Abadjiev kept constant watch on his liters as they slept to make sure they didn't fap

what? i cant find any records that say that but i will try to do nofap. still im not sure cus i heard nofap doesnt really increase test only a little bit

Russian babymakers
Couch stretch for hip flexors
Pigeon pose
youtu.be/5tlOeir5PCc for your shoulders
Hang out in the bottom position (flexed)

you can't find any records of it because it was lie, retard

If, for the time being, You don't have Oly shoes is it possible to use flat stable shoes for clean and power clean variations?

ukraine has pretty technik

Of course you can, you're not required to use weightlifting shoes, they just makes hitting the positions much easier.

is joke calm down, its a peaceful thread and general

I posted this in another but whatever, it's better here.

I've been lifting for about 2 years and just last month got into oly lifting. And damn it is so much better and more fun than the bodybuilding/PPL stuff that I had been doing before.

It feels way more athletic and fun. The people that hang around the oly platforms and do oly lifting are also so much more outgoing and helpful than everyone else in my gym. In the few weeks that I've been doing this stuff I've already learned so much and made some good connections with other people. It's like an entirely different gym community.

Thanks for reading my blog.

is he boiling his hands?

they discontinued them?
damn, I want to get a pair before they are sold out but I'm not sure about the size

I have a pair. They run true to size. They will feel tight at first but they break in within three weeks and will fit perfect.

If you have v doubts just use the sizing chart on adidas' website

they discontinued them but they are still really cheap for some reason

I could try powerlift 2s at my local sportswear store
How tight should they feel?
Old weightlifter at my gym said your toes shouldn't touch the tip, but it should be tight everywhere else

>tfw no Azerbaijani speed

how'd you find an oly gym?

it should fit like a regular shoe, you can tighten the laces around the ankles so your feet dont slide around and it has one strap that's not really that effective but whatever

wl shoes today are made to fit like regular shoes, each manufacturer just has different sizing charts.

if you have proper technique your feet shouldnt be sliding around in them anyway

That's the thing though
I wear my shoes loose-ish and I use 41
Adidas charts says I should wear 40, but I couldn't decide whether the 40s or 40 2/3s were better
41 1/3 was definitely too big

try the powerlifts and choose the size which feels most comfy but not too loose off the shelf, it should loosen up some over time around the toe box area if you actually have proper technique

Thanks
I suppose you should be able to slip your feet in pretty comfortably instead of having to force them in?
My feet are really short but average in width, so even if the shoes are tight and hard to get on, there still might be some extra space at toes

i want to buy the power perfect 2 and i have the reebok lifter 2 and their size is 7.5 uk/41eu should i get the power perfect 2 in 8 uk/42eu size?

If you're a 7.5 UK you should get them in a 7.5 UK. They're true to size and accommodate a wide foot if necessary. They don't have a cup like the more expensive models (adipowers, etc), just the wedge, so no risk of pinching or whatever.