How the fuck do u track the calroies in the food you eat?

if i am making home made food HOW am i suppose to figure out how much carbs/protein/calroies ect is in my fucking food??????????????????????????????????????????????????? Yeah if its a ready made meal i could do it but not like this.

>not having a weight scale
Not gonna make it

Cron-0-Meter

The description of the laws of physics for space- and time-dependent problems are usually expressed in terms of partial differential equations (PDEs). For the vast majority of geometries and problems, these PDEs cannot be solved with analytical methods. Instead, an approximation of the equations can be constructed, typically based upon different types of discretizations. These discretization methods approximate the PDEs with numerical model equations, which can be solved using numerical methods. The solution to the numerical model equations are, in turn, an approximation of the real solution to the PDEs. The finite element method (FEM) is used to compute such approximations.Take, for example, a function u that may be the dependent variable in a PDE (i.e., temperature, electric potential, pressure, etc.) The function u can be approximated by a function uh using linear combinations of basis functions.

>calculate the ingredients individually then sum together

are you fucking retarded? add up the calories of all the raw ingredients. then divide by the number of portions you created. wow, magic!

How do u divide by the number of portions you created? How do you know how much is in a portion and how do you measure a portion.

I have dyscalculia (mental maths age of an 11 year old) and am to afraid to ask anyone that I know how to do this kinda thing.

im too lazy to find a real recipe to use as an example. let's say you make spaghetti with meat sauce.

1 pound of raw spaghetti = ~1600 calories
1 pound of raw 80/20 beef = ~1200 calories
1 jar of ragu sauce = ~400 calories

add it all up. 1600+1200+400 = 3200 calories

you can be autistic and use a scale to find the exact portions you eat, or you can just eyeball it.

"i ate a quarter of the spaghetti and meat sauce i just made."

3200 * (1/4) = 800 calories

download myfitnesspal and scan the bar code on your food (i mean the package ofc)

every food has caloric data (usually per 100g) on its package. weight your food raw and use that data for it. or use cronometer or MFP online tools that probably already have that food in its database and use that instead

Thanks that makes sense. But how do you originally know that 1 pound of raw spaghetti equals 1600 calories?

My nigger. This plus a food scale which OP should definitely have. They are like 15 dollars max and reasonably accurate +- a couple grams.

it's on the package

Here's mine. Your vitamin stats are ridiculous btw.

I hate being retarded so much. Thanks tho.

If you read the label on the back it will generally say something along the lines of "400kj/120kcal per 100g", the 120kcal is the bit you want. so if you've got 200g of it, thats 240 calories.

so you've got 100g of oats for 300kcal, 100g of banana for 100kcal and 100ml of milk for 150kcal, that meal would be a total of 550 calories.

and for reference, 1g = 1ml.

Thanks, I think I get it.

So is kcal the same as calories?

I'll do a simple example, so that I can check with myself to see if I have the correct understanding.

So I have 500 grams of pasta. The pasta is then 170 calories per 100 gram. If I have 200 grams of pasta for my meal that is then 340 calories (kcal). So if that was litterally all I consume then I get 340 calories.

So, if I have loads of vegetables mixed together, is there any way to figure out how many calories they are? Do I just do the same mathematical process?

yeah kcal is just whats on the packaging, theres a more detailed explanation for why its kcal instead of cal, but it doesnt matter for your needs. and yep youve got it.

I'm legit impressed with how this thread went.

Dude came in and asked a fully retarded question he genuinely didn't know the answer too, took his heckles but got solid responses,

I missed the glory days of Veeky Forums according to what other posters say, but this is an example of why this is still a better board that others.

Add a cup of spinach to one of your meals and you can hit your vitiam k rdi
Consider multivitamins friend

also OP if you have a smartphone, get myfitnesspal it is far easier to track things using that than it is with that crono shit. All you do is scan the bar code on the packaging and enter how many grams of it youre having.

nice, downloading it now.

It is worth mentioning that if you care about hitting your rdi of vitimans and minerals chronometer is the better, although less convienent option.

Honestly i track my calories and protein by the week and i just enter the ingredients for what i made as well the entire contents of a package of whatever purchased food im eating and make sure i eat it all in that week. It works pretty well for me