Can we have a Veeky Forumsbit thread? I've never seen these discussed here...

Can we have a Veeky Forumsbit thread? I've never seen these discussed here, so I assume we pretend to hate them (normies reee etc) but let's skip that for now. Some people I work with claimed to be more active than me, and challenged me to get a fitbit and join their little club to prove them wrong. Buying a piece of technology just to make some other people eat shit seems a little much, but I had honestly been thinking of getting one for a while and they seem pretty neat. Anyone on Veeky Forums use these? What do you think of them?

General Veeky Forums accessory thread I guess

I own one of these since September and I really like it. The burned calories tracker for me seems pretty accurate which is a pretty nice tool when bulking or cutting.
Its also kinda motivating when you get all that data about how active you are over the past few months, especially when you are a numbers nerd like me.

10/10 would buy again (inb4 shill)

Which model do you have user?

I got the charge HR about two years ago. The thing ends up breaking for one reason or another every few months. (bands bubble up, or the back snaps off and wont charge, or random technical error where it stops counting anything or randomly reseting, etc etc)

While it's under warranty, you can get them replaced after running the "have you tried rebooting? no sir.. hold for three seconds reboot" gauntlet with pajeets before they believe you and replace it.

After my (no joke) 4th replacement, i stopped going back. I would love to have a solid one that worked, but I got tired of dealing with it. I loved the HR and sleep tracking features the most.

Hopefully future generations of them will be better. I'm thinking of getting a smart watch, what do you guys think of that?

have had the charge hr for over a year now, without any issues. I did find that the calorie tracking is more or less inaccurate though. I'd say it overestimates burned calories by about 15-20%, and the food tracking is useless here in germany.

Fitbit Charge 2

I'm in Germany aswell kek
Tracked calories are pretty accurate for me, I tried it out by eating the suggested amount of calories for over 4 weeks and maintained my weight.
But from the past I know I have a very fast metabolism, all the regular calory-calculators on the internet always underestimated my numbers.

Also if you know that it overestimates your calories by 10-20% you still can adjust to that and know your numbers...

>food tracking is useless here in germany

Don't other food tracking apps usually let you sync with the fitbit app anyway? I know cronometer does

I have a charge 2.. Only thing I really use it for is time and my heart rate

Do any of you have one of those knockoff brand fitbits? I was looking around on Amazon and you can get cheaper brands for around $20. Or is it worth it to get a real fitbit?

mfp doesn't, as far as I know. the problem is the german food database, which fitbit uses.

Guten Tag. I tried eating at fitbit estimated calories as well. I have a physically demanding job which keeps me on my feet constantly, so fitbit estimated around 5500 calories a day. needless to say I gained weight WAY too fast.

Curious about this too.

The calorie tracker is based off your heart rate throughout the day. There are other things such as stress, fear, anger, and sex that raise your heart rate (aka the rate of Oxygen being supplied to your body) without you burning calories like you would during a workout.

On an easy-going day with little stress etc. expect the calorie tracker to be pretty much spot on.

>little stress

Ayy so it'd never be accurate for me. Good to know

I second as a fellow numbers nerd

I have the surge
>dem stats
>dat sleep tracking
Also reading texts from it while driving is nice desu

I recently got Vivoactive HR from Garmin. It seems useful for people who do running or cycling since it can track your route along with heart rate and time, so you can track your performance. Serious runners etc. will probably opt for a more high end device, though.

The device might be more useful for people looking to make a change, since it provides you with some feedback on your living habits. It also has some "gamification" elements since it gives you daily and weekly goals, and it awards "badges" for doing stuff.

I could see the novelty wearing off eventually, though. If your established living habits are fine and you know it, there's relatively little the metrics can offer you.

Yep, you totally need this overpriced, useless trinket just to work out and get fit.

I've had a Blaze (fitbit smart watch) since last August, no problems (even went swimming with it accidentally once)

I've had mfp link to my fitbit blaze

No one asked that in this thread

>sleep tracking

How useful has that been? I don't know what I'd use the information for

I got a Charge HR last year. Its very accurate in most respects, from steps to heartrate, even the sleep tracking is pretty good. My only real complaint is the band. The band is not replaceable, and mine began to get bubbles in it about 6 months after purchase. Eventually the bubbles expanded until the rubber had completely seperated from the device and I had to superglue it back together. I still wear it and it functions properly, but I'm beyond pissed that it was designed so poorly. The new Alta has replaceable bands, but I don't want to have to buy a whole new fucking Fitbit because of their own damn design flaws.

kek

I've been beyond tired for years. There was a point in my NEET life where I would sleep for 12 hours and not feel rested. When I got my fitbit and saw the actual numbers, I saw that on average my sleep effeciency was between 30-40%. So if I slept for 12 hours, only 4 of it was actually restful. I went to the doctor and he said I have a sleep disorder. If not for the fitbit, I'd have never known just how bad it was and I'd have never thought to go see a professional about it.

kinda this, these things are only good for real time heart rate monitoring so you can stay in a specific zone and fitbit only tells you after the fact

>fitbit only tells you after the fact

There are some devices that tell you HR with a button push. Mine cycles through steps, HR, stairs climbed, calories burned, and distance traveled.

had a xiaomi mi fit 2 band for awhile (30$ china ripoff of charge hr) and can safely say it's worth it if you don't wanna spend the extra dosh on a real fitbit.
sleep tracking, heart rate sensor, app connectivity, etc all there and all pretty good/accurate as far as i know. battery life is 20-25 days, too

I love my fitbit, thought it was a meme for middle aged women. But it gives you a lot of good data. I got the charge2

The thing with the calorie tracker is that it is constant in either overestimating/underestimating.

So if you know that your fitbit reads 10% higher than what you are really burning. You can just factor that into the total kcals burned.

>xiaomi anything
kek

don't even have to push the button to scroll through them i know

im talking about this shit

Just got the new Alta HR, and I love it. The sleep tracker is really useful. It motivates me to walk places just so I can make my family eat my shit. The original Alta was easy to use but it didn't do heart rate OR altitude and it didn't fasten securely enough, such that some FOTB bastard nabbed mine off my wrist in Toronto. Fuck Toronto, it's a terrible city.

Other than some quality control issues that have only been hearsay, I've had no reason to disparage it

I've been looking at these for a while. How does it handle alerts or alarms?

Not that user, but what am I supposed to be seeing here? I don't have a fitbit

You can set silent alarms in the bands' app, and it'll remind you when you hit your goals or are inactive for too long. All these things can be customized if you don't want it buzzing every hour for the inactivity thing. Texts, calls, and app notifications can have alerts set for them too if you want. No sound, just vibrations like most other bands.

>selling your body
You're all whores.

heart rate during exercise, you dont see this real time like with other brands

So fitbit doesn't tell you your HR as it is, only as it was? What's the fucking point of it then?

>6 months
guarantee nigger, you'll often even get a more expensive model in return

Had a charge hr, within 6 months the band started bubbling until it was almost completely separated. Got the charge 2 last year and I like it a lot, definitely an improvement over the older model.

Are they essential for working out? Absolutely not. But I use it as a glorified watch and like all the data it captures.

I have the Flex, used it for awhile then got a bit annoyed with the charging and stopped. It was decent, though. I also got a new phone which has a pedometer so I don't miss it as much. I walk to and from work so I like tracking my steps, usually get 10-11k steps per weekday and 3-7k on weekends.

The only feature from the Fitbit that I kinda miss was the sleep tracking. Makes you more conscious of your sleeping and encourages trying to get your 8 hours in. It was surprisingly accurate with knowing when I was actually asleep and when I was just laying on the couch.

Just ordered a Tangerine replacement surge because black large was out of stock

Will it look gay?

Absolutely

Colors are for women and fags

As much as I love my Fitbit, this user is right. I had Charge HR and now the new version of that (Charge HR 2? the one in OP's pic) and these are not durable products. Keep your receipt. While it isn't broken, however, it really is a great device. I've been using them for over two years now.

The lack of water-proofing on the HR products is also a major bummer. I mean, I get it, but it really does suck, given the year we're in and the amount these things fucking cost.

All that said, I probably won't be replacing this one when it breaks. Although I did say that once before, I feel a little dependant on it now.

I have a Charge HR.
>PROS
Timer
Date & time
Sleep log
>CONS
Inaccurate heartrate monitor
Not waterproof
Customer service is shit-tier
Recharge after approx. 5 days

Do these even do anything for you if you aren't trying to lose weight? Or is it like other fitness apps that ask you your goal and then when you set it to gain weight they say "welp sorry lol"

The one I bought stopped working after a few months and was very hit or miss during weight lifting.

I bought the Bose pulse wireless headphones which is pricey but I had to replace Tammy head phoebes as well. Unfortunately, the boss app does not have any of the features that Fitbit has except for the showing your heart rate live; I'm using a few app to pair the heart rate with a Fitbit like app

They are worthless.
Heart rate monitor is inaccurate
Step counter is inaccurate
Calories burned is inaccurate
Company being sued cause their product fucking
waste of money

Oh no doubt the battery life is pathetic on the charge. How can I have a decent log of my week if I have to take it off for at least two hours every 3-4 days