/fat/ Fatty general

Yummy yummy jif edition

Old thread BMI exceed 300 Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NelIXCuuSZ0
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26817506
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What does Veeky Forums think of the "potato diet"?

youtube.com/watch?v=NelIXCuuSZ0

Can anyone help and recommend sites where illustrated meal plans or ideas are shown? Perferably with cal count and serving sizes, etc

Gonna try actually sticking to changing my eating habits. I have always failed within the first day or so because I have no idea what to cook and eat, how to spread out calories over a meal or day, how much stuff is okay to eat...visual aids help me a lot

imgur.com/a/5nbmA
Keep in mind a lot of these are meant for people bulking.

for calories weigh individual ingredients and use MFP to add them together

All that really matters is not going over your deficit

Get a kitchen scale. If you seriously care about your health or losing weight, you'll buy one. If not, then you'l continue being fat.

>Doing IF
>incredibly hungry when I woke up
>ate a raw carrot

I'm so weak

Irishfag here. This is dangerous if there is ever a blight

How do I curb my insatiable cravings for carbs? I've been pretty good about it, but I really fucking want some bread.

Should I just cook more venison? Maybe eat some bran meal instead?

>venison

dude why punish yourself with such lean meats? Get something fattier to satiate yourself

Eat a bowl of oats and be done with it.

I hunt, so the meat is free.

Hello fellow pigs, how are you doing?

Had this today, my first "cheat meal" since I started dieting a month ago. I was tires of lean meat so I allowes myself this. I only ate this and a banana and an apple today, all together about 1760 Kcals while my TDEE is 2300 kcals so I am still good.

Got 2 mention though that those shitty fats of the sausages went through my digestive system lile fucking molten lead

sorry for spelling mistakes, fucking phone posting

Drink coffee and swallow fat burner/ hunger suppressants with it, works for me

>wasting a cheat meal on bread and hotdogs
>ketchup

not even hungry anymore

It was not really a cheat day since I dont plan to do them, I just wanted to eat some meat thats not chicken or steak. Some fat, salty stuff.

I am too early in my diet to get myself any form of fastfood so I will cook my unhealthy stuff myself as well.

How is that a cheat meal? IIFYM. Intermittent fasting and you can eat burgers/pizza every day and still get leaner.

It's all about making the right choices.

because he said it was a cheat meal and didn't say he was doing IIFYM or IF

Yeah, I am also doing IF, I forgot to mention that.

I am doing IF 8/16 with 1600 kcal max on every day now except today, with a regular macro partition like this:

180g carbs
100g proteine
53g fat

I am doing GSLP and C25K which means 6 workouts/week, this is not included in my TDEE which I set for sedentary.

So I got a deficit of 700 kcal a day + what I burn when working out

Down 15kg since mid december from 100kg-85kg, aiming for 75kg or about that at 176cm.
We're going to make it bois

Nice, how did you do it?

just ate a pizza lads

Eating about 6500kj a day, and started going to gym around 80kg.

Post worst cheat meals you've had since starting

Large pizza, 8 bread sticks, one sitting.

No it's NOT okay to do this under any circumstance

>using Joules
true patrician

worst cheat meal is probably something like a large ultimate double whopper meal from hungry jacks.
Or a HSP, even when i get those I am usually at or only slightly above my deficit anyway.

How much did it set you back?

>using kj

are you an aussie cunt?

It didn't as far as I could tell, other than the weight increase from being constipated for 2 days. My cheat meals are usually massive, but they are the only thing I eat that day.

of course cunt.
Eastern Melbourne

I assume you are a fatty? What is your journey?

>hj's

nigga I just found out about their bbq angus burgers
been there 2 nights in a row

Time for suicide!

>3rd month of 1500cal cut
>look in the mirror
>don't even recognise my body
nice

never ending

You should be ashamed desu

Well thats steady and a reasonable rate, probably wont have problems with loose skin then so good for you!

>no extended plateau
good job, you must rarely cheat

I've had a couple plateau's but it's mostly from water weight.
end up pissing tons one day and weigh in nice, or go out and have a couple bevs, and end up having a new lowest weight the next day.

Or is it BECAUSE he cheats?

I cheat once a week, every week.
I only record new lows, which is a bad habit I started early on and never got rid of. So my plateaus are kind of hidden. But they always feel way longer than they actually are.

I sure fucking hope so.

once a week? jfc
Have some discipline mate.
Is it just unhealthy meals or eating with wreckless abandon?

>on'y recording new lows
iktfb - havent updated in over a week

Anyone else out there making their own sugarfree iced coffee by cold pressing overnight?

>stop excercising
>start eating like shit for 3 weeks
>lose 1kg

what does it mean

Could be you were just holding water weight.
Or you're not eating as badly as you think, you it's just fucken magic

Usually just a meal that's big enough to make me feel like I'm going to die after. Then maybe some fruit later on in the day.

Once it was a pint of Ben and Jerry's and 1.5 L Mountain Dew.
I didn't actually know what a sugar high was before that. I don't recommend it.

Don't restrict as much throughout the week and you'll stop feeling the urge to eat like shit.

Did you count how much you did exceed your TDEE with your cheats or did you just not give a fuck?

It's a conscious choice I make. If I stop progressing I'll stop cheating.

I don't count cheats, but I don't think I exceed it much if at all. Since it's essentially all I eat that day.

I guess if you're making progress....

I just ate 2 pizzas after seeing a buy one get one free deal. I feel fucking bad about it too.

How.much fat does a male need to eat per day for hormonal reasons?

at least 20% of your caloric intake should be fat and 30% at max unless you are doing paleo or anabolic diets.

Why don't people exercise more in these threads? I'm cutting down from 240 after permabulk (strong as fuck though). Anyways I ate half a pizza and went to the gym for 2 and a half hours. I lost weight the next day. This shits easy mode, just lift for an hour and a half then jumprope/push prowler sled for an hour.

Becaust most people in /fat/ are not able to do 2 1/2 hours of lifting and HIIT stuff yet.

Being muscular and fat is very different from just being fat.

I started out lifting when I was 14 and i think weighed 210ish. Granted I had a martial arts background and was very tall for my age. Guess I've never experienced being weak and fat. Thanks for the insight user.

I lift 4 days a week, go for long walks 2 days a week, but I also work full time, study part time.

I basically fill all my time with this shit

Same. Worth it though. We're all gonna make it.

>sausage
ok
>bread
eeh
>corn
why

Wasted calories, they don't even go together well. Sausage should be eaten with onions and mashed potatoes, with a dill pickle on the side.

What's HIIT?

High Intensity Interval Training

Basically push your heart rate to the max for a short amount of time and then rest for a shorter amount of time and keep doing that until you are an inch from death.

Jumprope HIIT is amazing cardio imho

It's what actually kills gains.
Stick to LISS unless you don't lift.

I see. I tried doing that on the treadmill but turns out I've been inactive for too long and my legs and knees hurt. I've been trying to push myself a little less until I'm stronger. The thing is I'm actually not thaaatt fat. 76 kg and 159 cm (female). It's still helping me to lose weight (4 kg in three weeks), but it upsets me how weak my legs are. I've been lifting as well, of course. So I hope I'll see some progress soon

That was what I would eat with a BBQ.

I am German so saussage with mashed potatoes wasnt exotic enough to waste the day on

Confess your cheat meals

I've been bulking for 10 years now I think I've overdone it a bit.

I don't cheat that greatly, just a big size pizza every week.

Fuck off already, those threads are turning into "what shit I ate today" because of you

I just finished a bowl of porridge with apple and blueberries

it wasn't a cheat, but it sure felt like it
delish

Help me /fat/, my diet has been going great but in two weeks I'll go back home for 3 days, easter is a pretty big deal where I come from with a lot of handmade stuff. How much damage can I possible do in 3 days?

I'm 5'10" and 220 pounds. I recently started doing a protein sparing modified fast and I eat 600 to 800 calories a day. Does anyone know if this can significantly harm sperm count?

Pics of body? Curious how you can have trouble walking at 76kg

First goal is taming your hunger, eat a cucumber or 2 (or whatever vegetables you like) so you're somewhat satisfied before you get to the feast.
If that doesn't help I think your problem might be too systematic to easily solve (so in other words you've always eaten way too much) and you'll have to do with good old discipline.

It can significantly harm your muscle count.

I don't have any muscle outside of my calves yet anyway. I figure I might as well start with a blank slate.

Lift while losing weight or you'll look goofy as fuck.

That makes it even more stupid, since you can build muscle while losing fat very easily when you first start out.

Just eat 1500-1800 calories a day while working out.

Eat Protein
Lift

You will lose more bodyfat and gain lean body mass

Just completed 24h of fasting, from midday to midday. Didnt even feel hungry desu, just weaker.

I have no problems with hunger management (going 42 days without a cheat), the thing is I want to eat with my family and stuff. Of course I'll try not to stuff my face too much but I was wondering how much damage could be done in 3 days.

Apparently I'm only allowed to do light weight training on this diet. I plan on ending it in about 3 months after dropping 30 pounds
Do you think it be okay to get down to 200 and then start lifting hard? I have a temporary stocking job so I'm lifting heavy shit all day.
Did I get memed by Lyle McDonald?

You share the pizza or eat it all alone?

30 pounds in 3 months is doable on less intense deficit. Just eat 1500 and lift. You'll look like a swell guy when you're done cutting.

>/fat/
>sharing a pizza

heh

Can any of you really fat guys explain to me your cravings for food? Ive weighed around 70- 80kg all my adult life and I just can' see how people get super fat, like 140kg and above.

>losing 30 pounds in 3 months
you are going to gain literally off of that back because you didn't learn how to eat properly.

If you are already doing heavy lifting on the job then just eat 1500 calories for a week or two and see what results you get. You could add light cardio or lifting after if you have the energy and it doesn't affect your job.
Going for a crash diet at your weight is stupid regardless

Mine was mostly due to only eating carbs on a vegetarian diet for 2 years. I got up to 245 at 5'10". I quit the diet and am losing steadily. At 220 now.

My parents fed me fast food 4-6 times a week for 17 years, plus shit loads of soda.

when does food become an obsession?

Coping mechanism, plus the more you eat the more you want to eat. Also alchool for me.

Don't know the numbers, but in general it's like losing fat you don't lose/add a lot of it in a short period of time, unless you take things to the extreme.
Still (from my personal experience at least) the damage from overeating is often more that you might create a bad creeping habit. That is what I would worry about most.

I've never had eating problems until I did a horrible vegetarian diet that had essentially no protein. I eat completely normal now. I just wanted to jump start the weight loss cause I'm sick of being a fat piece of shit. It takes a toll on you emotionally. I guess I'll go back to the drawing board though.
I hope. I'm gonna see if I can get a 2 year gym membership at a gym near me. I only have a bench press at my house.

It's more that each meal you decide to treat yourself and add a little extra.
Say you go to maccas and get a medium quarter pounder meal with water.
Slowly you ramp it up deciding to treat yourself each time or coming up with reasons you should eat more.
You end up getting a large double quarter pounder meal with coke, and some nuggets on top or w/e.
You also eat a lot more often, and don't really take into account stuff you've eaten earlier.
The thought process isn't there of "oh i had this earlier i'll have a light dinner instead". it's always justt eat eat eat.
It's very mindless and wanting to avoid being uncomfortable.

A large size pizza is worth almost 3000 calories, I don't even think a normal human being could eat it all in one meal.

My bet is even thought the person who does this is losing weight overall in his diet, he will gain it all back once he gets thin because he still has the mentality of an obese fatass

Laziness, couldn't be bothered to cook so I bought lunch, like subway, taco bell, then had restaurant food or delivery food for dinner

every day

and the weight just piled on

I ate it on my own but it's okay it wasn't this bad I think.

>I don't even think a normal human being could eat it all in one meal.
Are you implying fatties aren't human? Either that or you have no idea what a fatty is capable of.

He's more implying that fatties are abnormal.

I've actually looked it up and it was 2500 callories (large is smaller here).

I've been reading a lot about climate change recently and especially the impact on food supply. I read we will soon run out of cocoa and it triggered the fuck out of the obesity.

I ran to the store (literally ran, the most cardio intensity I've had in decades) and purchased

>12 candy bars of various brands
>2 tubs of cocoa powder
>4 bottles of chocolate milk
>some chocolate ice cream
>chocolate baby food

And ate it all (apart from the powder which I sniffed in between bites for the chocolate smell) within 6 hours. I just want to remember the taste of chocolate.

You've got to be meming me.