Hey Veeky Forums i dont usually post here but im here seeking for advice on why im unable to lose weight and instead...

hey Veeky Forums i dont usually post here but im here seeking for advice on why im unable to lose weight and instead gain weight even after i only eat about 1500 calories a day.

someone told me its because my body thinks that its starving and lowers my metabolism to try and sustain as much calories as it can, thats why i gain weight instead

i have a pretty fucked up eating pattern, i eat once at like 1 or 2 pm than nothing until 12 am or 1 am, maybe a bag of chips in between. or maybe 1 sandwich of 400 calories.

can that be why?

Other urls found in this thread:

whfoods.com/foodstoc.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youre counting calories wrong

You aren't counting your calories right.

Get a kitchen scale or stay fat and die at 50.

Yeah dude, they are one hundred percent correct, no memes. When you eat too few calories, your body will compensate by reducing your metabolism to that amount of calories.

BECAUSE YOU LOSE THE FUCKING WEIGHT UNTIL YOU REACH THE CALORIES TAKEN IN PER DAY AS YOUR METABOLISM OR YOU DIE

Fix your diet so you eat mostly whole foods at better intervals.
No chips or bullshit empty foods.
Exercise
Eat within at least a 10 hr metabolic window. If you eat at 1pm, don't eat after 11pm.

>Eat within at least a 10 hr metabolic window. If you eat at 1pm, don't eat after 11pm.
Meme advice from a meme board.

TDEE calculators are just estimates, not exact

counting calories can also be inaccurate, as food labels are not always correct

increase your deficit and try a keto diet plus intermittent fasting and you will lose weight

>wants to lose weight
>maybe a bag of chips in between

Are people really this retarded?

Count your calories
Lift and cardio
Go a little more under

How long have you been doing this for? Some people don't see a weight change for three weeks. When I started lifting I shot up 5lbs the next few days, It died down after 10 days and lost 3lbs in the end.

>chips
>'400' calorie sandwich

not trying

I've been steadily losing weight since January by counting calories, after a couple of years of eating clean without counting calories. 4 weeks ago, I started on creatine while going from 2000 to 1750 kcal a day. At this point, I weighed 73.5kg. Two weeks ago, I still weighed 73.5kg. Yesterday, I weighed in at 74.5kg.
Given I've been eating fewer calories, is it reasonable to assume that the weight gain is from water retention, or am I royally fucking up here? Up until this point, I've been steadily losing weight, and I count every crumb that enters my body.

1 bowl of cereal with low fat (1% fat) milk 350 calories

1 sandwich at 6 pm 450 calories

1 bag of Doritos 250 calories

1 cup of tea with a cheese/turky sandwich at 1 pm 550 calories.

this is my average daily diet.

im 6'0 210 pounds. according to TTED i need to eat about 3150 calories to maintain this weight. so wtf am i doing right.

you should see my co-workers eat, they devour at least 2 food truck burrito's a day and eat garbage on the side all day and non of them are above 150 pounds... so i really want to know what im doing wrong so i can better myself and lose weight.

You're eating too much you fucking pig. Stop lying on Veeky Forums

i look skinny af at 70kg 6feet lol

just eat less, skip a meal, eat an apple and yogurt for breakfast, have your grease sandwich for dinner, or skip dinner cuz it's easier to just sleep your appetite away, lmao

but thats what i eat... why would i come here and ask for advice and lie about how much i eat, i literally have nothing to gain from doing this. no pun intended

count your calories properly, drink lots of water, and get regular exercise

i work from 3 pm to 1 am every day 7 days a week, its a couch potato job so im always sitting, how much calories do i need to eat per day to not die. i know the recommended is 2500 cal but how much is the limit to not dying and being able to function, thats important too

the limit is probably fastening like 2 days in a row while drinking water then having 500cal of bread the third day and doing it again

or you can just eat veggies that have like 0 calories (without fucking sauces okay)

also google ketosis

and stop making excuses, you are not going to fucking die, you could probably go a week without eating

> even after i only eat about 1500 calories a day.
1. Your weight changes several kg per day, you probably lost weight. Measure weight gain/loss by week or month or you're just guessing.

>someone told me its because my body thinks that its starving and lowers my metabolism to try and sustain as much calories as it can, thats why i gain weight instead
Some studies have shown a marginal metabolic change under extreme dietary changes but since metabolism accounts for less than 4% of an affect on your TDEE and since the effect is somewhere around 10-20% of that 4% it means this is NOT having an affect, at least not one worth measuring or considering in terms of weight loss strategy

>i have a pretty fucked up eating pattern, i eat once at like 1 or 2 pm than nothing until 12 am or 1 am, maybe a bag of chips in between. or maybe 1 sandwich of 400 calories.
>can that be why?
The times you're eating at? No.
What you're eating? Yes.

You've identified you're eating shit and that you're gaining weight. There are two factors that matter here-

How much you eat
How much you work out

A fairly small man who is EXTREMELY inactive (sits on their arse all day) will still need more than 1500 calories per day. So you're either a lazy midget or you're counting calories wrong or eating too much.

Also your diet is absolute trash and I'm surprised you don't feel like shit all day

>you should see my co-workers eat, they devour at least 2 food truck burrito's a day and eat garbage on the side all day and non of them are above 150 pounds... so i really want to know what im doing wrong so i can better myself and lose weight.

Get out of here with your fat logic, there are no fast or slow metabolisms, there is no starvation mode and whatever else you fatties claim, you just suck at calorie counting and/or are in denial.

Eat 1200 a day for a couple of months, if you can stick to it losing weight is the easiest thing in the world.

>lazy midget

made me lol,

but thank you for the good advice, im actually 6'0 at 220 pounds, maybe what i eat is trash.

idk much about food but i didn't think what i was eating for my "main course" was bad, for example, i eat whole weat cereal with nuts and almonds, and the sandwich i eat is a Cesar salad in a wrap (chicken Brest, tomato and lettuce)

Stop being a fat cunt. That 3150 cal maintenance is for actually fit people, if you are fat like the picture you posted you're way off.

You need to find out your Lean Body Mass in lbs and multiply it by 14 for less active lifestyle up to 16 for more active lifestyle.

Example: A 6 foot 210lb shredded kunt 9% bodyfat will have 210*0.91=191.1LBM
Obviously you need AAS to hit this, but for the exmaple 191.1*15 = 3,057.6 Cals BMR

Let's assume a noobie lifter at your height has 150 LBM, 150LBM at 10% bodyfat will weigh 167lbs. 150*14(your sedentary job) = 2100cals BMR

This is why cutting is a lot more tolerable and easy when you actually have Lean Body Mass.

im gonna start a new diet tomorrow and try to eat shit which calories are easy to count, like apples and eggs and shit.

All calories are easy to count, just prepare every meal yourself and weigh every ingridient to the gram.
Fat people have absolutely no idea about portion control, you need to fix that.

so on a final note, how much calories per day should i shoot for if i want to lose weight. if i need 2100 to maintain my weight, is 1500 good or should i eat less or more

>im actually 6'0
Your TDEE is higher than 1500c/day, I'm almost certain you just measured your weight at different times in the day or in different places/different clothes etc because that's an extreme enough deficit to have quick results BUT measure again after eating 1500 for a week and you'll be golden

>idk much about food
I can tell. It's hard to give nutrition advice without everyone turning it political but the basics are
1. At an absolute minimum 60% of your TDEE should be veg
2. Eat as few processed foods as possible
3. Prioritise variety and freshness

Job done. For a cheat sheet use this page
whfoods.com/foodstoc.php

If you eat 40% of the foods on that list every month and mix it up every now and then you're hitting about 99% of nutritional requirements

>i eat whole weat cereal with nuts and almonds, and the sandwich i eat is a Cesar salad in a wrap (chicken Brest, tomato and lettuce)
Everything you eat seems to be highly concentrated in calories which makes losing weight particularly hard as it ups your TDEE. Again, more veg is the simplest solution and something you badly need anyway.

Also as a final note: never aim for drastic change with weight loss. Measure over a few weeks and find a reasonable deficit that you can and will stick to. Fatties are notoriously shit at self control so this matters more in the early stages.

1500 is fine, I am 5'9 and did 1200 for a couple of months, dropped weight like crazy.
Eat lots of veggies and protein and you won't be hungry nearly as much.

1 last thing, i got a gym membership last night and im gonna start adding exercise to my diet,

1. should i still eat about 1500 calories a day or eat more

and

2. what is the best type of exercise for weight loss, should i just do cardio or lift weights too

>1. should i still eat about 1500 calories a day or eat more
You should eat at a 20-25% deficit or whatever you can reasonably manage long term. Online TDEE calculators will help you get close to a baseline but in my experience they're all over estimating and the only way to know for sure is to eat the same cals for a week and track how much weight you lose/gain. Hence my recommendations for 1 week tracking multiple times.

As for adding exercise into the mix, you should plan to lose enough weight to get where you want BEFORE you start lifting heavy as it's hard to gain muscle at a deficit after lifting for more than a few months.

>2. what is the best type of exercise for weight loss, should i just do cardio or lift weights too
Most people will tell you cardio because in the short term it's easier and quicker for purely burning calories during the time you're on the treadmill or whatever, but understand that muscle raises your TDEE and the more muscle you have the more calories you burn just doing the normal things you do throughout the day. So the answer is both, cardio for short term and muscle for long term.

Couple ways to do it are
>Lift X times per week, Cardio Y times per week
>Lift X times per week and cardio afterwards

Either way exercise is the second factor and you should worry about diet far more. The majority of gains are made in the kitchen.

God speed fatty