I miss our Veeky Forums friends

I miss our Veeky Forums friends

Apparently they don't miss us
Most of the posts on Veeky Forums about the merge since it ended are negative

Veeky Forums is negative about everything.
It's how they show their supposed superiority.

Fuck those nerds

Good riddance, fucking commie scum would want us to redistribute our gains.

Dya think any of them were inspired to lift?

Veeky Forums here. just lurkin.
yes. starting with cardio and a proper diet.
xx

No. You don't take form an identity based on snark then get instantly converted to improving yourself

Likewise, I got inspired to start reading.

Even if it will be mostly through PDFs

/fitlit/ is still up and active, just unlisted. Dont tell anybody I told you.

I miss them too, user ;_;

It's not over.
Things will be a bit quiet for a while because posters will actually be reading fucking books.

Didn't they read Archipelago Gulag? What do they read and discuss usually? Harry Potter?

It's not the same though.

It was great because we were forced to be together and thus we came to like each other. Now that we aren't forced, we have to go out of our way to get to /fitlit/. But we already have our respective boards. I will look back on yesterday's fun fondly

Never forget /fitlit/ was best merge

Good. Btw, walking is cardio too, so if you're a fatass that's enough for starters.

I miss you too. My board feels so empty now. Hold me. April 1st 2017, never forget.

I actually used to 8 years ago when I had more free-time and had more money for food. Today kind of made me want to get all those gains back.

I'm assuming Veeky Forums isn't nearly as active as Veeky Forums?

Well their sticky does state in bold "Veeky Forums is a slow board!"
and their post count is at ~9M while we're at ~41M.

Good job user!

>Didn't they read Archipelago Gulag?
b-but his wife said it wasn't real
S-Stalin dindu nuffin
th-the kulaks all killed themselves

Good lad

again, a reminder to everyone

being Veeky Forums does not equal intelligence

intelligence can only grow with pure sciences like physics and mathematics (especially mathematics)

you don't get smarter by reading a book. you might gain some general knowledge and contextual knowledge but you will not be smart.

>"Hey you read book X too? omg I loved the story :) what did you think about Y??? wow you're so smart because you read the same book as I did."

you don't hear anyone say shit like this

go study pure mathematics.

I might share a bit of my poetry with them

Math is hardcore, though.

Veeky Forums here. Just letting you know there are some of us that miss the hell out of you guys. Don't mind the Debbie Downers. They're just mad because tfw rejected for publication again. Swing by and let's talk dfw and Rich Pannini or whatever the fuck that guys name is.

Math is easy, just needs dedication and practice. Just like anything else

You sound like a freshman STEM major, stop that.

well sorry but it is true. reading some fictional stories that might be written very well and might be a great read won't help you do any better in a real IQ test.

so Veeky Forums doesn't make you more intelligent. just knowledge (which isn't a bad thing, but people here need to stop pretending it does.)

Veeky Forums here, in going to stick around, i look like harold bloom used to and im in my 20s. You all seem much more welcoming than lit was before i had read the entire western canon, gave me a bit of encouragement.

fuck Veeky Forums they are weaklings
they're not even the smart type of nerd.

L I F T H E A V Y

>reading for the plot
No wonder you're so dumb.
Philosophy and lit will more you far more intelligent than doing your little puzzles ever will.

>Math is easy
stop with the bullshit. Math requires true intelligence.
>philosophy and lit
Analytical philosophy will. Lit may give you an emotional boner, but that's it.

another Veeky Forums here
Thanks to this board, I am fixing my body. I go to the gym 4 times a week. lot of cardio and some lift.
I like Veeky Forums.
By the way, you are a faggots.

Do you take IQ tests online and then boast about your score?

lmaooo dude. Everything follows logically in math. You LITERALLY just follow the rules and everything works out. All it requires is the knowledge of those tools, no intelligence required. You go through the texts, practice the tools, and everything is easy. Doesn't matter if you are doing algebra or partial differential equations.

Not him, but as engineer I can tell you that good in math = intelligent is bullshit.

Math requires a lot of dedication. A lot. But you don't need to be a genius to use it good.

use epubs
they are better.

I believe intelligence is bretty much not measurable on how good you are in one thing i think it is how you are able to connect all the things together and work with all your knowledge to be a "well rounded citizen".
If you are able to articulate well and picture your thoughts perfectly it definetly is a way of intelligence and being Veeky Forums in any way does give you the proper mechanics to do so but so is being Veeky Forums and concious about your body and health.

>american education

Fucking top kek

> math requires true intelligence

Nope. It just requires enough exposure until you can understand the problem at hand and solve it. Like everything else in life, the more you do it the better you get at it.
People just spazz out when they see greek numerals and large equations because they dont understand it, and we dont like what we dont understand. Its like trying to read a restaurant menu in a language you dont know. But when you understand it, its fine.

> t. Finance & Econ major, including statistics and accounting

vint is great because now you see that all the console kiddies are form 3rd world shitholes that can't afford a proper gaming platform, and that all the SJW shit is just leafs trying to be funny

>tfw the merge made me want to go back to reading again

It's been too long. I miss the feeling of a good book on a nice afternoon.

Doesn't help that I don't own a car and the closest Barnes and Noble is quite a distance away.

/fitlit/ is still there you know

also Veeky Forums here, lurking starting with cardio and posture exercises for my forward head posture, not sure if starting strength is actually a meme or not

Most of the great books are old enough to be in the public domain/translations so old they are in the public domain/no one gives a shit about pirating. I bought one of the older e-ink kindles for the price of a couple of pricey art books and all my reading has been free since then.

I've never heard of /fitlit/ before. I didn't realise I was this new.
Could someone expand on why/when it happened? It'd be nice to see what kind of ments it produced

Farthest I got in math is only diffy Q but at least to that level it's all just following instructions and using the tools they give you, the only time if even sort of needs you to think was the transition from calc 1 to calc 2 and that wasn't that bad

happened a few hours ago, you can still see it

>when it happened?
Literally yesterday.

Veeky Forums is still Veeky Forums and is still nothing to be proud of :)

Ayy lmao I'm an idiot
We should have had a board merge for like a week (or month) and called it /cit/izen

as are you, welcome home brother.

>That first flip of the day
>Gym library stories
>qt librarian not noticing your brain gains
etc etc, I had way too much fun.

I miss you guys too. Thanks for giving me an improved leg workout plan.

>tfw thought my clover app was broken and missed the memes
Genuinely sad

It is not a meme. Even a modified version is recommended. Just go and lift.

There's a difference between intelligence and education. Intelligence is critical and logical thinking.

Math tends towards encouraging critical thinking and problem solving, but past an entry college level course, math doesn't have much practical purpose for the average person, who would be better off studying things like economics or philosophy.

ACTUAL goddamn logical philosophy. Not bullshit Nietzsche Wannabe edgelord philosophy.

You dumbass, thinking logically and critically IS intelligence. Using the tools as your disposal to solve the problems before you is intelligence.

Not to be a dick, but any leg workout plan that isn't just "Squats for Sets of 5" is probably shit.

I remember when I first started I had similar worries. If you're worried about becoming a T-Rex (having a disproportionately large lower body) know that it won't just happen overnight. Like another user said, there's modified versions of SS which will probably be more appropriate. I'd personally recommend Greyskull LP, but whatever you do, remember that as a beginner you'll always have certain body parts that respond more readily to training then others :)

That can be contested depending on what level you're at and what your personal goals are.

That's not unique to mathematics though.

Every field of study builds the tools you have to solve a problem.

So every field increases your intelligence, not just pure mathematics

Veeky Forums here, miss you guys too. Since the merge, kg, 6 foot, ive downloaded the myfitnesspal app, got my macros sorted and calorie points and will be starting my 1400 a day cut for weight loss.
Not sure how ill go doing just that without workouts, hard to fit it in my study and work schedule

Thanks Veeky Forums for the inspiration

Most sciences at college level have no applications in everyday life, bucko. Math has an enormous range of professional ones.
>better off studying things like economics or philosophy
Prescriptive economics is bullshit pseudoscience and philosophical historiography has zero practical applications anywhere. Putting simple thoughts in the language of modal logic doesn't magically imbue them with deeper meaning. Keep you humanitardian insights to yourself.

>he thinks Nietzsche's philosophy is teenage nihilism
>ie never actually read his works seriously
>has the gall to actually give advice on topic
strongly consider suicide

another Veeky Forums faggot here.

Veeky Forums was a good contrast to Veeky Forums. You guys have a generally positive and inclusive "we're all gonna make it" outlook (except for the height threads) while Veeky Forums is more elitist and cynical in its outlook. Being merged with Veeky Forums was like having an encouraging roommate trying to make you live up to your potential while occasionally partaking in bantz.

Hope we weren't too pretentious, love you guys.

I appreciate literate more now too. Feel free to ask for advice in the QTDDTOT thread

Agreed. I cut down to 1 pack of Marlboro's a day, and 4 cups of coffee instead of the usual 6.

Also no more Chick-fil-A unless it's a weekend.

The manlet jokes are payback for the crazy aesthetics short guys can achieve

Don't take the height threads too seriously it's almost completely bait/bants. Most guys who actually lift irl accept that there's a balance between propensity and ease to gain muscle, and being tall.
>pic related

Wow that's really bad mate, especially the smoking. But everyone starts somewhere, keep on going bro.

>tfw my friends think one of our manlet (5"6) friends is stronger and more muscled than me (6"0). The guy cant even 2pl8 bench and Ive been going to the gym 2 years longer than he has

You win this one manlets

honestly out of all the board merges /fitlit/ was the best

Veeky Forums here now getting inspo.
Already have a gym membership but lifting was never routine tho.

>anyone Veeky Forumsbro here to Pick up a classic?

Atta boi

Yeah I'd love a recommendation lad. I was really into Gulliver's Travels is that helps

I would recommend some Tolstoi or Falkner. Tolstois books are fucking big, better Pick up with his short Storys. Lots of storys about Courage and inner strength.

>Also pic related. Just read some Amazon reviews

glad borges is so high there. fictions is great but if you get labyrinths it has fictions included plus more.

Sounds right up my alley, I really don't mind investing into a long-winded story, thanks for the pic as well!

>ACTUAL goddamn logical philosophy. Not bullshit Nietzsche Wannabe edgelord philosophy.
>I don't like Nietzsche so he's not a real philosopher

>also forgot that pic.

Also thanks for that fit pic
Already take some course in my gym for Power streching. Covers most of these exercises. It always looks so easy but I feel like being hit by a car after finishing it

Thanks Veeky Forums, miss you

The benefits of stretching are really underrated. It's a bit of a taboo even now but yoga is the perfect accompaniment to weightlifting as it genuinely helps to build strength. Especially when you remove the chanting aspect which is mostly bs. It's funny how with all the no homo jokes, gym culture still has some aversion to yoga.

>pic related is a great beginner routine that I've personally had success with

maybe we can establish a Veeky Forums-generell on Veeky Forums where all of our Veeky Forums firends can post.
That would be nice

>pic
Man I know we've had practice reading but we're not quite that good.

Better to let this die before it turns bad.

It'd just degenerate into commies/spookmemers vs. /pol/yps anyway.

Good luck man

Man I already miss the merge

I think those digits mean we'll persevere!

I'll answer any questions mate. Is it just the lingo you don't understand?

more like you posting the fucking thumbnail you oaf

Kek for some reason old pics in my phone turn to shit.
How's this

>Seize the gym equipment from the bourgeois gym owners and put it under state control
Do it

I love you bro but please do some exercise otherwise you could becone skinny fat, calisthenics or cardio are alright. Calorie count looks a bit low, how tall are you?

>Kulaks deserved it.

/fitlit/ here
My dream is for Mishima to become a mandatory reading on Veeky Forums

>Did statistics and accounting
>Thinks his opinions on real maths is anything but worthless
KEK

Fantastic news. Dont give up. you always read until the last page, right? then you do every rep until the last goddamit!

Fuark

> statistics and statistical analysis isnt maths based upon my arbitrary reasoning of what maths is
> by the same logic, whats taught in maths classes isnt maths because it isnt mcfucking string theory

Wew boys, we got us a full fledged spaz over here

>whats taught in maths classes isnt maths because it isnt mcfucking string theory
Yes, it's exactly like that. Actual modern math seldom, if at all, uses numbers, apart from very specific branches like number theory. It's a science of abstract concepts and their interrelations.
t. physicist and know some math

Yeah, he's right user. You don't have a clue
t. EE who works for my uni's math department