Hi Veeky Forums

Hi Veeky Forums

I am 30 years old opening a seafood, fish oriented restaurant in the center of a 500,000k city in southern europe,
I will also serve steak tartar some caviar rolls some high grade cheeses like parmesans pecorino etc. and prosciutto

Capacity 32 guests with option for summer to be 42 since I got space outside,

Location is even though city center still a small back ally street so it is quiet and nice have 5 free parking spaces infront of the restaurant, and 100m away is a street thats free for all parking on the sides,
the restaurant is next to a small 3star hotel which is owned by my cousin
I am the owner of the building in which the restaurant is to be opened,
I built a huge kitchen behind of ~100m2 of which 25m2 are a special 2nd kitchen for deserts... got this idea somewhere on youtube not to mix everything in 1 kitchen.
I invested 70kEUR in the interior of the restaurant and abut 40kEUR in the kitchen equipment
I plan to open the restaurant with a family friend and a master chef from Croatia which will come to my restaurant to make food for the guests tho fix the menu and to teach me how to be head of kitchen since thats my passion.
Other then him I plan to hire 1 desert cook 1 salad cook/dishwasher lady 1 server 1 barmen

Ok so thats about it AMA or give some tips if you are into simmilar business

cheers
pic semi related

chainlink

nice but how many links did you get yet

LINKS???

nice just bought 100k oysters

sounds hella good, gl

Interesting. How did you model the profitability? Are you all cash in? Or did you do loans?

>he didnt buy chainlink

what's the point of this thread? humblebrag?

LINK

>this thread
jesus christ this place needs a mod
good thread OP, too bad it's being ruined by street shitters and underage children

The most important thing in a seafood restaurant is serving fresh food at all times. I know it's obvious but a lot of people overlook it for some reason. Fact of the matter is that not a lot of people has great palate and cannot separate a great dish from a good one, or a good one from an OK one. Most of these people will just go for whatever's more fresh.

Once you build this reputation for always serving fresh, you will be fine.

Sounds great, I wish you all the best OP.

I don't think we will ever see link under 20c again

OP that's great

but the question is

are you holding any LINK, or you're gonna slow the get rich process down for yourself?

good luck friend

Are you doing it for money?

Because 32 guests max capacity, say each guest stays an hour on average, and you open from 6 till 10 that's 3 lots of 32 guests, so lets round that to 100 guests because it's easier to math.

100 people spending $15 on average is $1500 profit a night, consider you won't be full every night, say you seat 50 customers that's $750 a day, $5250 a week, then you have to pay people out of that and rent.

Say your people are being paid $750 a week, which is $18.75 an hour for 40 hours, that's $3000out of your profits so it leaves you with $2250 to pay rent, restock, and pay yourself and fund your business.

If you pay your self $1000 that leaves $2000+ for your business.

350 customers per week, 100 on fri/sat then you need to make up 150 customers on the other 5 days assume you're working 7 days a week 150 / 5 = 30 people, you would have to smash out Thursdays and get that to 100 so it's doable.

Anything less than this shrinks your $2000 spare, I have over estimated a lot of things, but that's better than under estimating.

C H I P

W
A
R
M
E
R

You need more than just 1 chef, user. You would be better off having really low-maintenance desserts on the menu and having a trusted comis chef helping your chef mate. Desserts can be prepared in such a way that the salad chef just needs to assemble them during service so you wouldn't need a dedicated dessert chef.

why a restaurant? low margins. most restaurants fail because everyone thinks they can just open a restaurant. so WHY?

i own a restaurant. been open 7 years now.

if you aren't already a chef/cook ... good fucking luck. what you a proposing here is a horrible idea. you'll be lucky to make it 6 months. i'm not FUDing you here, just telling you the truth. it's a horrible industry that shouldn't even exist in the first place unless you can run the entire thing with robots. at first it will be fun.... just wait. and don't plan on making any money. even if your p&l is showing 6 figures, you'll feel like you have nothing, always. and every year you'll make less and less.

i can already tell by your proposal that you have no comprehension of what this is really going to be like day to day.

turn back now... i'm not joking here

Little Ceasars built this tiny building for their store. After ~5 years they moved and the store got rented to some older gentlemen. I would drive by everyday and see him in there making pizzas. As the days went on he looked more and more disheveled.

About 6 months later I pulled into his parking lot on my way home just because theres a coke machine on the side of the building. Pulling in he is locking eyes with me from inside the restaurant. I do a friendly nod and get out and get my coke. Getting back in the car I see him waving towards me and starting to come outside. I'm in a rush so I continue driving away leaving him standing in front of his restaurant trying to get my attention.

The next day I drive by and see a large sign on the window and the lights turned off inside. Next time I drive by I check it out and hes closed down. I checked yelp and its just a ton of bad reviews about some guy who wanted to open a pizza restaurant but had no idea what he is doing.

I have no advice, just kinda reminded me of this story and I never told anyone about it.