Anterior Pelvic Tilt

Please god help me

how to correct?>

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/BEn61BL4Nwk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

won't happen its normal and your genetics in 99% of cases

otherwise, just rotate you hips forward a bit and keep them like that 24/7? until its second nature

its not genetics

Work out your abs a lot

Work the abs and hammies hard. Lower back and hip stretches.
I had the same problem and this fixed it.

work your abs, glutes and hams.

its 99.9% genetics, stronger in girls, bit less in boys

there is zero chance that it is due to "sitting at the computer all day".. nope, m8 this comes from shills trying to sell their posture correcting BS books to you

just look at any young attractive girl (17yo), (probably never even sat at a traditional computer in her entire life).. typically EXTREMELY strong APT

what are good hamstring lifts?

i only have a barbell and plates, are squats enough?

It's not genetics, it's an I'm balance of strength and flexibility and should be taken care of.

Lumbar lordosis can become very uncomfortable, and can cause disk damage. It can also hinder your lifting progress because your glutes and hams are almost always in extension.

The reason it's more common and stronger in girls is because girls are even weaker, and they likely don't mind their ass sticking out.

Ass to grass squats. Properly done, with straight back, neck and head looking forward - this will overload your hamstrings and glutes. Delightful feeling as well, being able to lift push weight upwards with just those muscles.

Look up Alex Thrall video on APT. He shows bodyweight exercises for hammies. If you go to a gym, just do machines.

I'm doing it now for almost 2 months and it solved a little bit. I feel lighter and with better posture.

He will hardly have good posture while squatting if he has APT. Also, he has a tight lower back and probably a shitty squat and a shitty deadlift. Make your abs and hamstrings accostumed to weights and then go to squats, but don't do atg if you can't mantain a good posture

ok m8, lets put this into perspective

let's say I have APT and squat around 230kg 1RM

now, how the FUCK would I increase my hamstrings and abs, to compensate this? there is no way in hell to achieve that while also keeping a decent squat

its not like I'm going to lower my squat weights and instead do a bunch of deadliest and "ab work"

its not even remotely possible to strengthen the abs to such a degree by any kind of accessory ab work

what the fuck are you even talking about m8

this is Veeky Forums its not /sedentary/

I didn't just say it was strength, I also included mobility.

Your hip flexors are very strong, and if tight, can pull the front of your pelvis down. Your lower back is also very strong, and if tight, can pull the back of your pelvis up.

You are setting yourself up for snap city by lifting with your lumbar spine extended. It puts unbalanced force on your discs, and it puts excessive shear force on the ligaments holding your L1-L5 together.

If you want to screw up your back and need steel rods to support you by the time you're 60, that's fine with me. But don't spew your bullshit to others.

This post is absolutely horrible, and probably bait.

who said I was doing that when lifting?

Immediately when I stand normally I have strong APT

if I record myself squatting It looks impeccable

so now tell me how to "strengthen my hammies and abs" or do some meme stretches to not have APT

protip: you can't, because it is a meme

You're either retarded or this is b8. Maybe a little of both.

If you are forced to stand with a strong pelvic tilt, it doesn't just magically go away when you get under the bar.

romanian deadlifts are the best

sorry but your 2week "PT course" and few muh anatomy lessons were perhaps not quite worth 5k USD

APT is a total meme and 99% of peoples natural standing position is very much "APT". this does not mean there is any impact on your lifting form.

sorry, but you are just flat out wrong.

I do admit that there are 0.1% people who DO HAVE real APT.. which is crazy fucking extreme APT, which needs medical attention... but this isn't any random poster on fit

Ab work, but more importantly, hamstring strength training and hip flexor stretches
>source: I have this deformity from being a distance runner during puberty

Fix your posture.
Unless extreme, it is just poor postural habit.

You maybe need to do some strengthening. But most likely just engage the muscles of your upper back and core and butt. Possibly you have tight upper quads and hip flexor.

Shoulders back and down. Tuck tail bone. Pull belly button to spine. Squeeze butt like you did for me last night, and head up.

Shitty thing is forcing better posture enough that it becomes second nature.

But just like learning to jack off wronghanded, it can be done!
And it feels good.

I have this same problem. Should i just stretch or do i need to lift weights to fix this?

This whole post is false

Stretch lower back and hip flexors, work on transverse abdominus (Planck's) glutes and hams. most importantly, be aware of it and try to squeeze that ass when you walk to push your hips forward

youtu.be/BEn61BL4Nwk

Yeah its causing pain and imbalance, and there was a time that that wasnt taking place.
not genetic
broke my ankle and everything went downhill

Well I sit at computers for maybe 30 mins a day and am on my feet for 8 hours at a time at work.

What are the best exercises?

its genetics if you arent in pain.

if someone with seaming APT is in pain its obviously not a natural state and was caused by repetitive strain/injury

I have the exact inverse of this problem. Tight hamstrings/inner thigh/calves/abs, weak hip flexors/lower back.

Bending at my hips more than ~30 degrees is nigh-impossible, it makes me walk on my toes a lot and I seem to always lose my stretching gains by the next day.

The only info on this I found is spotty and related to people who have it due to spine surgery.

Please help me Veeky Forums, I can't squat like this - it puts all the weight on my back :(

OP here

thanks, this post is honestly 8/10

thanks everyone else combatting the one dude screaming "GENETICS"

I snapped the segment between l4 and l5 on a warmup squat. I have apt and had very slight pain in my lower back after dling and squatting but thought nothing of it. I checked my form and have had it checked by a handful of people, the unanimous opinion being its perfect.

The body and its mechanics are more complex than you think. Youre a typical case of the dunning-kruger effect.

Take a step back and consider the possibility that youre just a poster on fit and not some omnipotent god, it will help your social life too

What you have is probably a posterior pelvic tilt. It will cause your lower back to flex/round at the bottom of a squat. Stretch every day, multiple times a day if needed.

For hamstrings, lie on your back, raise one leg, keeping the other leg on the ground and your pelvis neutral. With a belt or other band that won't stretch, pull the foot in the air toward your head.

For glutes, look up prone glute stretch. You might need to start with a figure 4 stretch.

For inner thighs, squat down on your toes with heels together, and try to drive your knees apart with your elbows and try to get your torso parallel to the ground.

For calves, go to a stair or curb or other elevated block, and stretch your calf by pushing into the farthest flexion of your ankle you can get. Bend at the waist for extra stretch.

Abs, use a seal pose.

To strengthen your lower back, do back extensions. To strengthen your hip flexors, lie on the ground or off a table on your back and raise your leg up as far as you can, then back down.

Stretch daily. Multiple times daily, even.

you're so wrong

Do this:

Lay down flat on your back and put both your hands under your tailbone, at the extreme lower part of your back. Begin to lift your feet just off the ground, or until you feel it in your lower abdomen. Repeat this as often as you want.

I've been doing this for two weeks or so and the pain in my lower back I would wake up with has gone away completely.

Just do the same as now. Eventually your hips will rotate ~340-350 degrees and you will be normal

Thank me later